Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:01 pm

I hope that coming out of this some of the online multiplayer addicts will be saying "Wow, single player actually is good!"
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Charlitos wrote:
I hope that coming out of this some of the online multiplayer addicts will be saying "Wow, single player actually is good!"

There's always a silver lining Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:19 pm

I agree , singleplayer is what started it all .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

then online will be back and they will of forgotten all about sp
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:29 am

Doubtful for me to forget about it, but then again I do tend to go a few days offline myself to get some SP time in and don't play MP till SP is beaten.

Those 2 games from a list of 5, I more than likely already have them.

Replaying through Bioshock series again. Never did get into the MP on that one. Bioshock 2 seems to be shorter than Bioshock 1. Still good though. After that I'm trying to figure out what I need to play then, cause I'm having a hard time deciding between games.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:28 am

IM still cruising along in the MK story.
IM up to chapter 16,or 17, or 18?
Or 510?
Shrug

Im Nightwolf atm.

Real spoiler inside:

Anyhow, my guess is sometime in the next 5 years I will complete this story.
By then the online might be back Nananana
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:30 am

Loving the new sig.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:33 am

Thanks. Its nothing fancy. I just croped an image of the album cover and played with color values some.

I needed quick though, as I like matching avys and sigs.

Now what about this man bag? Do you think it matches too?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:41 am

...Yes. Its a nice purse... The shoes are to die for though, simply fabulous.

(o.O)

Anniversary coming up soon, so I'll have some new games to play. Wonder if the network will still be down by the 26th...
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:26 am

I ended up picking up Borderlands to play. So far, it's a pretty fun game.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:27 am

First time playing it?
Did you get the GOTY edition with all the add-ons? Add on's are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:31 am

Lod wrote:
First time playing it?
Did you get the GOTY edition with all the add-ons? Add on's are awesome.

Yea, first time playing it and I did get the GOTY edition. I think I'm on level 10 now so I haven't gotten far into it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:44 am

Ooooh. Love that game still. Great when you have people join you cause it gets more challenging with more rewards.

Probably won't need it, but when your going for Crawmerax me and Monkey have a good system that works and could help you.

Easy enough system that tends to revolve around saying "fugging maggots" every 10 seconds.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:18 am

So I've been debaiting on picking up a new game at a local game store, there 5 bucks cheaper for new games and they have a sale going on now till the end of the month for 10 bucks off of a 50 dollar order, so I can get a new game for like 45 bucks Very Happy= :D

Im debaiting to on brink, need for speed shift 2, crysis 2,

Or 50 in psn cards......

Any suggestions
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:25 am

A lotta people Seem to be recommending Brink... That got Single Player? Same with Crysis for its online.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:35 am

im not sure if brink has single player, i know the online looked fun, gonna have to look and see hrmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:42 am

Thinking
What about L.A. Noire, thats out in May, you could try that maybe?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

That looked interesting, but I'm against it because of their content cutting for DLC.
They have several actual mission lines that have been removed and parceled out as exclusive DLC for different retailers.
Big no-no in my book.
Evil or Very Mad
They claim that the others will be available for everyone soon after launch, but that just means they want to charge you even more.
I feel bad for the devs who made this as it most likely wasn't their idea, but it's their game that's gonna catch flak and lose sales because of this. But a message needs to be sent to those doing it that this is not an acceptable business practice, and will only encourage pirates.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:40 am

Good points Monkey, pass the wurd
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm

jadedoblivion wrote:
im not sure if brink has single player, i know the online looked fun, gonna have to look and see hrmmmmmmm
Brink does have single player, and I'm 90% sure that the upgrades you make to your character in single player translate directly into multiplayer, so you'll be able to get a leg up on the competition in online even if PSN is down.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Lod wrote:
Thinking

I totaly forgot about L.A. Noire, I didn't know it came out so soon Shocked, that is on my must have list.

And thanks omega, that will be sweet if they transfer online.

Colbalt, are you talking about L.A. Noire or brink? In ethier case it is just greedy for them to do things like that Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:38 pm

yes in brink "you can earn xp and level up your character in brink irrespective of whether or not your playing by your self with bots, or go online and play a full 8v8 match"- paul wedgwood, ceo and executive game designer at splash damage.

thats not an exact quote just the best i can recall. he said something very close to that. so yea you can get brink play solo and level up before psn is back up. plus there are challenges you can do to unlock weapon parts
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:52 pm

jadedoblivion wrote:
Lod wrote:
Thinking

I totaly forgot about L.A. Noire, I didn't know it came out so soon Shocked, that is on my must have list.

And thanks omega, that will be sweet if they transfer online.

Colbalt, are you talking about L.A. Noire or brink? In ethier case it is just greedy for them to do things like that Angry :angry:
l.a noire
all the dlc will be out for everyone down the road
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:01 pm

If you skip games because of DLC tricks the n you may never play another game, plus you may miss out on a great experience. LA Noire is a must buy for me.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 16 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm

I plan on getting it ethier way its just a little irritating but its to be expected now adays.

L.A. Noire looks amazing, can't wait to get my grubby little paws all over it
Back to top Go down

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top