Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

kingdom of Amalur

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:36 pm

Double Post

So, the price finally dropped enough for me to buy this used. Played through the opening level again. Not sure which direction I'm going. Thinking mostly Might with a bit of Sorcery thrown in. Fighting with Longsword and Staff currently. Might ditch the bow entirely and just use magic for ranged attacks if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 am

Supporting Curt Schilling was the only reason I didn't buy this game. Now that I've bankrupted him I might pick it up also. Is their any content I miss out on buying used?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:19 am

Not that I'm aware of. I got lucky and the previous owner didn't actually use the code, so I got it used and still get the "extra" parts.
Does seem to have a bunch of DLC out though. What's it been, six months? Rolling Eyes I'm just going to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm

my friend picked this up for 10 bucks at best buy

rrwatch wrote:
Supporting Curt Schilling was the only reason I didn't buy this game. Now that I've bankrupted him I might pick it up also. Is their any content I miss out on buying used?
you miss out on a quest line that is basically a bunch of arena fights. its good, there is plenty of content to it, but your not really "missing out" if you dont play it.

Quote :
So, the price finally dropped enough for me to buy this used. Played through the opening level again. Not sure which direction I'm going. Thinking mostly Might with a bit of Sorcery thrown in. Fighting with Longsword and Staff currently. Might ditch the bow entirely and just use magic for ranged attacks if at all possible.
the bow is ridiculously powerful. you can pretty much 1 shot everything when you get some of the later upgrades
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 am

I keep switching out the Staff for Faeblades and vice versa since I've found some nice ones. Got my Juggler combo pretty quickly with the longsword's launch attack and a quick switch to the blades. Decided to split my points among the trees for now just for the Jack-of-All-Trades Destiny. The bonuses are meh, but the extra skill point in everything is definitely worth it.

Thanks for the advice on the bow. I don't care for the missile mechanics much, as I'd rather be able to aim for myself, but a powerful tool is a powerful tool. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 pm

the main thing that makes it powerful is a combination of charge shot, and spread shot. charge shot lets you charge up a powerful shot, and spread shot shoots multiple shots at once. (up to 7 iirc) so you are able to charge up and shoot 7 arrows at once. so you can basically just go around shotgunning everything. plus you can charge while rolling so charging doesnt effect mobility. and when you charge up each shot it makes trhe regenerating ammo less of an issue.

though tbh since beginning bow kinda sucks what I would do is ignore the bow all together at 1st, then later when your around 15 or 20 respec and put more points into the bow
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Sounds like a plan.

Spiders are kind of annoying when they mob you. A little Fateshifting evens the field though.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 pm

regular or venom?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Giant and Venomspitters. The kind that hang out with a certain villain.
If you get more than one spitting at you while others make physical attacks, it can be really annoying stunlock.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:21 pm

that is one of the hardest parts in the game imo.

on my 2nd playthrough where I dont use any potions, that is by far the hardest challenge I ever came across. the boss fight is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, it was the first time I died. I think I was level 6 or so. I am playing on Normal difficulty though, so that might make a difference.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:38 am

the problem with them is that they give you very little time to react, most enemies give you more warning that they are going to attack. I actually learned to listen to the sound of their attack so I knew when to dodge,
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 am

What's with the sound in this game anyway? Did anyone else have trouble hearing the dialogue? In cut scenes it's fine, but jut talking to people or listening to lorestones I have to turn my sound up to 30 just to hear them (for reference, it usually stays on about 15). So, I've just turned the music and effects way down, put on the subtitles, and hope I remember to turn it back down when I shut it off. Kinda sucks, but it's manageable.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:07 pm

yea. always had a hard time listening to lorestones. lucky for you they patched it. lorestones used to not show up on captions
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:09 pm

i would just run past and then when i got to a safe area i would open up the menu to listen to them at my leisure.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 am

I loved Skyrim and Fallout 3/ New Vegas, I'm also a fan of third person. Will I enjoy this ?, it's on sale atm.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:37 am

Buy it bro.
I love playing this when I have the time. Its a fantastic game visually and the combat system is very similar to that of the GoW series.
I'm only a small way through it, but thats because I play it once every so often when I'm sick of all the other games.

The third person is also quite refreshing and I think the customisation is just right ... not so detailed that you get sick of messing around, but intricate enough to have fun building your character.

As for story... I really couldn't tell you. I'm not far enough through it to even slightly comment.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 am

Mitchell wrote:
I loved Skyrim and Fallout 3/ New Vegas, I'm also a fan of third person. Will I enjoy this ?, it's on sale atm.
hard to say, it is nothing like those games. its much closer to the fable series. its got combat on par with darksiders 2. it is somewhat easy to make a really powerful character, and you can survive just about any fight if you have enough potions for it. those are my issues with the game. aside from that I really love the game.

dont go in expecting something similar to those games, if you go in expecting excellent combat, an interesting story and gorgeous looking areas you wont be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 pm

This is becoming far too good at distracting me from study.
Why do the side quests have to be so fun??
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 pm

cuz the game is awesome
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:59 am

You know I believe u may be correct.
I can play it for like 9 hrs straight and not get bored.
Not many RPGs can do that.

Not making much headway with the main story unfortunately.
Good investment.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm

thats because unlike most RPGs the combat is rock solid, so the minute to minute gameplay is fun and engaging instead of it mostly being about the longer term progression making it worth while (which it of course also has)
Back to top Go down

kingdom of Amalur

View previous topic View next topic Back to top