Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:53 am

Heads up for anyone that joins a game where spanish people with clan [RCC] are in as they dont play, they just sit in bunker. Me jumped in thinking "Awesome 27 people in 1 clan in me group" *3 mins later* WTF why yous no play?

Me looked at the stats and the best out of them had 87 purple heart ribbons (died 30 times in 1 battle) and 8 suicide ones (Killed self 15 times in battle.)

The only english speaking one said they on all factions doing this.
Back to top Go down
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation
boogieman7247

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 am

this game any good?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:32 am

lvl 60ed YAY.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 am

boogieman7247 wrote:
this game any good?

From what I've seen, those who play, like it a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Raistlin wrote:
boogieman7247 wrote:
this game any good?

It is a good game and well supported.

It is not for everyone. If you love CoD, you'll probably dislike MAG. From what I understand (they're almost polar opposites)

Huge maps
focused objectives
controls are flipped ??
Movement is 'heavier'
dedicated servers

I really enjoy it, reminds me of early RFOM, but with smaller parties (Cool

there's a new patch comming out Monday and new DLC coming 'soon'
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 pm

A_Bloody_Bunny wrote:
Raistlin wrote:
boogieman7247 wrote:
this game any good?

It is a good game and well supported.

It is not for everyone. If you love CoD, you'll probably dislike MAG. From what I understand (they're almost polar opposites)

Huge maps
focused objectives
controls are flipped ??
Movement is 'heavier'
dedicated servers

I really enjoy it, reminds me of early RFOM, but with smaller parties (Cool

there's a new patch comming out Monday and new DLC coming 'soon'
Shocked WoW a helpful post from Ecr
1+ for you
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 pm

I like your sig E!!

I agree, it does remind me to RFOM. Something in the graphics, and how people actually try to work together for an objective, instead of focusing in k/d ratios. In fact, I think it is good that you cannot see anyone's k/d ratio. A bit of a shame, because it is the best I hever had xD
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:30 pm

How's everyone's MAGing going?

Working on a few finer points of scrambling and tweaking my support loadouts. Couldn't stand being a Commando, no love for the Vipera.

Anything official on the DLC yet?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 am

I'll be on MAG pretty much all weekend working towards my first Vet. If anybody wants to get something going on SVER, let me know. Vash will probably be on as well, so, the more the merrier.
I'll be vetting to Raven here soon, who all do we have repping Raven? I know Dingo is vetting over to Valor.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Endloslung wrote:
I'll be on MAG pretty much all weekend working towards my first Vet. If anybody wants to get something going on SVER, let me know. Vash will probably be on as well, so, the more the merrier.
I'll be vetting to Raven here soon, who all do we have repping Raven? I know Dingo is vetting over to Valor.

send me an invite 'EcR967'

I'm vetting soon, haven't decided on Valor or Raven ... I can do either
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey E! M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 811307

You recommend this game then?
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 am

eattheword wrote:
Hey E! M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 811307

You recommend this game then?

I really like the game. It has a RFOM feel to it, though it's a totally different game.

cons:
Movement can be 'heavy or cumbersome' feeling compared to other games but it reflects what you're carrying. If you run light, the movements change ..
Some of the big games (256 player) show some lag, but it is quickly recognized and you can adjust to it
Valor still has the worst Maps to defend
There are only 4 Modes, though the maps are huge and it takes a while to acclimate to them. There are 10 maps available (1 is PMC specific for TDM style play)

pros:
Support, effective patches
DLC ... free skins and weapons
Party setup is efficient, though I'd like to see some tweaks (timer countdown next to friend or clan mates who are in-game so you know how long you have to wait until they're done
Skill points allow upgrades to weapons, skin changes open with level

Endo and Vash, thanks for having me tag-a-long last night ... you guys are funny
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:12 pm

i just got this game and U2
what army should i join Thinking

off topic i got a new truck Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Hey MAG vets!
How about some general tips and explanations to help the newbs?

In a related topic, thanks again for all the question answering last night, End. Helped a bunch. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 am

No worries guys. We had a good time playing with you EcR.

Cobalt, or anybody, if you guys have any questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to get them answered.

Hit Prima Noyan last night, and Vetted to Raven. It's a pretty big difference, I'm really hoping Vash and I just got a bad squad. Attacking, you can cheese it a bit, but defending games are tough if the squad isn't too cohesive.

I'll get something set up for Raven, Ratchet has Valor covered. Sey, did you want to get a clan going for SVER? I'll get you an invite Dj, but I might not really be on until Thursday. Working 11.5 hour shifts this week.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:00 pm

I've got the clan up and running for Raven, but I won't be holding it past my Commandant in Chief. I cannot stand Raven.

I'll be more than happy to get something going in SVER after I Vet back, most likely this weekend. Assuming Sey hasn't/doesn't want to.
Fanboy aside, I have to absolutely give my vote to SVER. They have respectable weapons in every category but 1, I'd argue they win on two, hands down. The RTK is an incredible gun, it's got a solid clipsize, it's fairly stable, and is powerful. It lasted me about 100 levels worth of play, with no complaints. I'd say we have the best SMG as well. The Vipera is light, it's accurate, and wins hands down in clipsize.

SVER has strong defensive options, on every map, and the community is what makes them on attack. They're just significantly more organized, and I had a much better experience with SVER, compared to how it's gone with Raven.

I'd like to try Valor, but my impression is poor. They're very hit or miss. I'll absolutely admit most of our major losses come from Valor, but we've also pushed Valor back into their spawns, never to see anything out of them, in every gametype. It's an odd disparity, but it's definitely noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Raven gets better when you get the last LMG as it is awesome to mow down anyone. The guns are weak at first till you unlock the upgrade stuff.

Had fun playing with yas.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 pm

I've used both, and I prefer the Apex SE. I've got my medic tuned for Sabo, because Vash and I are just going to grind out the Vet to SVER over the next day or two. I wish it was as good at Darien as it is in Syr Darya. We were pulling in at least 800 points a game there.

It was fun playing with you for sure though. Just wish the games went a bit better. I take it everything is okay with your dad?

EDIT: Figured I'd add a bit more content. For anyone new to the game, or thinking about it, I want to let you guys know that the customization is pretty shallow. You have a few basic archetypes, but there's relatively little variation within them.

Medic - This is the most standard class. Defined by the Medical Kit, and [Improved] Recussitation, your job is to revive and heal your teammates. The most common weapon you'll see is a Light Machine Gun. LMG's have clipsizes from 75 to 100, are stable, and do fair damage. With a Reflex sight, you'll learn how to pick people off as well. I've busted countless snipers because you can lay down a ton of fire. My standard loadout here is an LMG with a foregrip and Reflex sight, 1000 point armor, a med kit, and a rocket launcher. Launchers are great for improv smokescreens, and picking off targets at long distances, and then the usual APC/Turret removal.

I'll do some breakdowns of the other builds as well, unless anyone else wants to tackle them. I'll try to get Vash to do a Commando blurb, and maybe EcR or Dingo could do one for Snipers?

Regardless of build, your first four points should go into the Support tree for the Medical Kit, and the basic Recussitation,. Then you can try a weapon tree until level 10, where you respec, and take the Med Kit, Improved Healing, and then Improved Recussitation,. I then finish my weapon tree, in my case Heavy, getting the Reflex sight, Foregrip, Improved stability, and Improved Reload Speed. From there, I put two points into Athleticism, for Improved Shot Detection, and Improved Sprint Recovery.

Here's where I diverge from the standard wisdom. I'm a really aggressive medic, so I actually go into Personal Defense, with 8 points. This gives me increased reach, and faster swipes with the knife. Even un upgraded, don't underestimate the knife. It's quick, it's quiet, and you can easily take down multiple people very quickly. From there, finish Athleticism, or try your own paths out.

It's a little rambly, and disjointed, so I apologize, it's a bit odd with the in-browser keyboard to revise and edit. I'm an Assault Medic, through and through, so if I was vague, or you have any questions, I'll do my best to get them answered for you guys. I'll try to get some other class based stuff down soon, as well.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for the tips, End. Looking forward to the other build tips, whoever does them.
I actually have followed your build pretty closely, I think. Except Valor doesn't have a Light MG, just a machine gun. 100 round clip with 200 capacity. It is my gun of choice though.

Here's a question or two for you.
How does a leadership role work exactly? What do each of the options you're given do? How do you gain points toward the next leadership level? Says I have 18/100, but I don't know how I got them.
This is just for the lowest one, mind you. Not sure what options are available to the higher ranks.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:35 am

There are 3 leadership roles. Squad Leader, Platoon Leader, and Officer in Charge. They all have passive buffs, to yourself and nearby squadmates. These buffs are explained in the Barracks, on the Leadership tab. The next rank also has the previous rank's buffs as well.

Squad Leaders have a few abilities, and can set FRAGOs, which double exp near that objective. They also have some tactical assets. On attack, you can call in a one-pass bombing run, or a surveillance UAV. It'll recon an area, showing enemies on the CNI and minimap. On defending games, tyou have an anti-personnel mortar barrage, and an anti-vehicle guided artillery strike, which are called censer shells. They each have cooldowns, and there's also a smaller platoon wide cooldown.

Platoon Leaders cannot set FRAGO, but have more powerful tactical assets. On attack, you have a strafing run, which is a 3-pass bombing run, and a Precision Strike, which is used to blow up assets like Bunkers and Mortar Batteries. On defense, you have a Gas Bombardment, which gasses a large area, and is twice as powerful as grenade-based gas. They also have a Sensor Sweep, which reveals enemies near your structures and objectives.

Officers In Charge have Rapid Redeploys, which lower spawn times by 10 seconds, Blockades which raise spawn times by 10 seconds, Tactical Refreshes, which reset all Tactical Asset cooldowns for your army, and a Sensor Jammer. Jamming the enemy prevents use of the CNI interface, negating their ability to set FRAGO, or call in their Tactical Assets.

You gain Leadership points by playing games in a leadership position. It's 100 points to be a platoon leader, and 350 to become an OIC. 1000 points will earn you the Leader of Men medal.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 am

I've never been put in a position of leadership directly, yet I still have points towards it (21/100 now). Is it decided during the process of the game also? As in, the person who was leader is currently dead=next person who was eligible is leader until they die?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 am

What happened then, is that someone with a Leadership role left the squad, and the position was passed to you. If you want to directly apply, you can do so while entering a queue, or pressing Triangle while in a group/while in a queue.

If a leader dies, the position is not passedon. They have to either leave the squad, or give up their post in-game, from the scoreboard.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Ah. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

I enjoy the Squad Leader post. I'm OIC qualified, but have yet to lead a Platoon or Company yet, still working on being a better SL.

Free DLC tomorrow guys! New variants of the tier 1 Marksman Rifles and new 400c armor. Fast Attack pack, I believe, it'll be in the store after it updates. I f you haven't already, be sure to grab the free LMG pack as well, it was also free.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks for the info, End. Hadn't heard a thing about it. I'll be sure to grab it.
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top