Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:40 am

Nice! Good tips Charlie!
cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 am

Quick question. What's your Faction, Sponge? Weapon quality varies significantly, I'm told.
I went Valor, and the only weapon I could use was the Machine Gun.

Oh! Pro tip: Make sure you've gotten the free DLCs! They offer slight upgrades to various weapons, as well as better (and cheaper) armor!
That also helped me live longer.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 am

Sniping is easy when you know how.

Tips-
-Don't aim directly at a runner, aim infront if they running across map due to distance.
-Always go prone and equip bipod when sniping.
-60 shots from first sniper will blow up a turrent.
-Silencer is best on second sniper.
-Find cover that you can just see over when prone and it will be a great shield.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks everyone for all the great tips!
Im under Valor atm, and I customized one of my loadouts with the M14 and that was before I even played my first ranked game.
Thinking
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:08 am

Vet'd to Valor

DLC today; $10
Interdiction Map packs and some other stuff
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 am

Win?
scratch
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:44 am

I'm going to be transitioning back to MAG ... about bored of RDR Neutral
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 am

Im transitioning to RDR, got bored of MAG already!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 am

cuz you need an easy game Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah, like Rep and P.E.'s Turkish Bath House
That game is sooo easy, like taking candy from a coma patient.
M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 811307
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: MAG   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I searched before but was unable to find a MAG thread, so sorry if there already was one, however I don't believe MAG to be a game that's played by many here.

Anyway there's a new patch coming out early August: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
If you consider yourself the type of person who likes getting new video game features for free, then our next MAG patch — version 1.07, due in early August — is definitely something for you.

Yes friends, in just over a week from now, players will be treated to a number of features that you’ve been asking us for all summer in addition to a few surprises. Like what, you ask? Like these…

A new “Happy Hour” Double XP bonus that’s applied to the first hour of any player’s gameplay session in a 24-hour period
Suppression will join Sabotage as a “Faction Neutral” gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map!
Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way
Redesigned versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps that include new obstacles and repaired exploits
New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments
Various fixes to address bugs or glitches to improve MAG’s overall performance
Of course, there are a number of other additions and fixes coming with MAG v1.07, but the points listed above should whet your appetites while you wait for the full list of changes closer to the update.

I think that it sounds wicked, and hopefully the double exp hour should get more people to play more often AND that first hour + double exp for directives affraid lots of exp coming my way I can tell you.

I think that it's a good idea to make suppression maps neutral like interdiction. I love the way that Zipper is continuing to work on and patch the game, anyway, your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:09 am

There was a good amount of Magger's who have enjoyed it Smile

Thread can be found here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Merged topic for ya! Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 am

FlightOfGrey wrote:
I searched before but was unable to find a MAG thread, so sorry if there already was one, however I don't believe MAG to be a game that's played by many here.

Anyway there's a new patch coming out early August: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
If you consider yourself the type of person who likes getting new video game features for free, then our next MAG patch — version 1.07, due in early August — is definitely something for you.

Yes friends, in just over a week from now, players will be treated to a number of features that you’ve been asking us for all summer in addition to a few surprises. Like what, you ask? Like these…

A new “Happy Hour” Double XP bonus that’s applied to the first hour of any player’s gameplay session in a 24-hour period
Suppression will join Sabotage as a “Faction Neutral” gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map!
Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way
Redesigned versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps that include new obstacles and repaired exploits
New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments
Various fixes to address bugs or glitches to improve MAG’s overall performance
Of course, there are a number of other additions and fixes coming with MAG v1.07, but the points listed above should whet your appetites while you wait for the full list of changes closer to the update.

I think that it sounds wicked, and hopefully the double exp hour should get more people to play more often AND that first hour + double exp for directives affraid lots of exp coming my way I can tell you.

I think that it's a good idea to make suppression maps neutral like interdiction. I love the way that Zipper is continuing to work on and patch the game, anyway, your thoughts?

That is good to hear. I may have to give this game another chance in August. I always like to see a company really stick with their product and make sure it's enjoyable for everyone.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:

That is good to hear. I may have to give this game another chance in August. I always like to see a company really stick with their product and make sure it's enjoyable for everyone.

Yeah reminds me of Criterion and Burnout Paradise, it's definitely going to make me buy their products in the future. I think that's very good to see developers continuing to work with the community, Uncharted 2 has been good like that too (although some of the changes haven't always been for the best).

Raistlin wrote:
There was a good amount of Magger's who have enjoyed it

Thread can be found here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Merged topic for ya!

Cheers man, I don't think that I searched with the full stops in between the letters which is probably why my searches didn't return anything, thanks though!

Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Played a bit today and boy is it full of shottie campers....
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:11 pm

I just got mag today I was gonna buy bfbc2 but they didn't have it so I bought mag...its sort of a let down since no one in my pmc works as a team and I still adjusting to the mag controls
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:20 pm

reptile555 wrote:
its sort of a let down since no one in my pmc works as a team

That's one of the games major downfalls. Even though the game REQUIRES people to work as a team, they never do Neutral

What PMC did you pick by the way?
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 pm

me and charlie played a few rounds it was really fun Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Yeah, that was the most fun I've had with this game in a while... though I haven't played it in 3 or 4 months Razz

The frustrations were still there though. I really, REALLY dislike the respawn system. I spend so much of my time running back to the battle, as opposed to fighting the battle. While this promotes people using Medkits and stuff, people don't Neutral
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:57 am

reptile555 wrote:
I just got mag today I was gonna buy bfbc2 but they didn't have it so I bought mag...its sort of a let down since no one in my pmc works as a team and I still adjusting to the mag controls

That's the one thing about MAG, you have to play with a clan or party of friends who know how to play. Otherwise MAG can be lame. but when you have a party of people it is easily the best FPS if you ask me.

I remember when I first started I had a few friends that played the betas like they were real games. They knew everything about MAG and they explained how everything works and all the leadership positions, strategies etc. I found that made the game ten fold better because that tiny little tutorial that Zipper provides in game give you only tells you about the controls, nothing about anything else which is one of the MAJOR flaws in this game that means that they lose a lot of new players who like you don't enjoy it at first and don't understand what's happening.

Check this link out, one of the best resources for MAG which does a great job at explaining everything in MAG: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Definitely read the post about FRAGO and medic guide they are the ones which will affect you the most initially but if you get the chance read all of it (I know it's long but it's VERY useful).

And one of my personal tips to people who start, when you level up, use your skill points on unlocking the medic tier at the bottom of the skill tree, it's easily the fastest way to level up. Get the medical hear, then advanced healing, then full resuscitation (I think that's what they are called, not by my PS3 right now), and make sure you equip the medical kit to all your loadouts by going to the armoury.

Anyway hope that helps a bit, any other questions don't be afraid to ask I should be able to answer it for you (>200 hours played ) Wink
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:28 am

Me got kicked from game for killing a team mate that decided to stand infront of the turrent knifing it. He whined till they kicked me then he sent a message "Sucked in loser"
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 am

89-5 tonight lol Me used me LMG with scope and bipod.

Apparently 1 large group thought it was wise to keep coming down this tight hallway to get to a objective
. 3 squadmates and me held them off for the entire game and it was funny with the hate mail we got during game. 2376xp me got for that 1 game. When game was ending me found our fav hate mailer and knocked him down and then T-Bagged him till the 15secs was up.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:35 am

^Epic.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Dingo wrote:
89-5 tonight lol Me used me LMG with scope and bipod.

Apparently 1 large group thought it was wise to keep coming down this tight hallway to get to a objective
. 3 squadmates and me held them off for the entire game and it was funny with the hate mail we got during game. 2376xp me got for that 1 game. When game was ending me found our fav hate mailer and knocked him down and then T-Bagged him till the 15secs was up.

Nice man, what game mode?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:17 am

Was Valors Defence on Domination. Valors LMG pwns SVERs
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top