Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 pm

HauntedHousePull wrote:
See and thats my problem.
In games like this, I dont like healing and repairing. I want to be killing. So I guess I will just suffer the fate I have chosen, and slowly level up.
I do enjoy the "tdms" a bit more. Its not so rough playing solo for me anyhow.
Sabotage is okay, but it seems we always get stuck attacking, and I am pretty sure capping C is just a military myth handed down by platoons from ages ago.
A bam with in seconds
B Bam with in seconds
C spend the rest of the game trying and never getting. I guess it makes sense when all squads are merging to one location but......wow

Funny... I was in a game and my team couldn't defend C at all. Game was over in less than ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:45 am

Sorry I couldn't message you back earlier, Six. I tried inviting you a few times, then figured I'd send a quick message, and when you got back to me, we were knee deep in Valor guys trying to bust the front line. Sorry!

Look forward to getting in game with some of you guys soon, it's been a while, and I haven't even gotten any time in with some of the other guys now playing MAG.

I decided that I want to work on sniping, it's something I've always wanted to learn to do, and I've never really had/given myself the opportunity, so I finally committed, and bought the AGVK. I have it all tricked out right now, and I'm working on learning to use the damn thing.

If anybody has any general sniping advice, or things I should be working on, to improve at this, I'd much appreciate it. I know Seyel and Dingo seem to the be resident longshots, any tips, gal and guy?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 am

Endo a few simple things for your sniping.

Always lead the target as the further away you are the longer it takes to get there.

Take your time and dont shoot at everyone. Its better to let 2 pass and take out the 3rd due to they wont expect it and you can kill the unlucky one running back to heal guy.

Don't hang around same spot for long as it will get bombarded.

Lasty 4.
Have a acoustic sensor with you as it will help with finding enemy snipers.

If you knew that well me sucks lol
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 pm

It was my bad endlo. I stepped away fromt he machine for a while.
I tried to the join the group anyhow, but you were already in game.
So I joined you of the option in the clan section but I didnt even see you guys on the field or in any of the squad lists.
I also had no idea what mode that was or what I should be doing. So I left.

Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:38 am

No worries, Six, we'll just have to catch each other some other night. I haven't even gotten a chance to play any Crashers with you yet.

I tried my hand at being a "sniper" but I just can't do it. I'm not good enough at sniping in that sense, and using a higher-tier rifle, and it wouldn't be worth the massive amount of time I would have to invest. They're a huge asset, when they're capable, and know what they're doing, like Seyel or Dingo, but that's just not me.

Bounced around a few ideas with Vash, theory-crafted a bit on set-ups and general game play, and I've gone back to using my Marksman. It's got the skill-outlet that I've wanted, since playing 1.0 with an LMG was pretty lacking in that regard, and using the shotgun in 2.0 feels pretty pretty similar. I just want more from a gun than a point and click, or a point and spray. It's a versatile weapon, at all ranges, and it's nice to still be able to pick off paratroopers.

Right now, I have just the basic Medic and Engineer loadouts, with the SASR-M and an Acoustic Locator, and I'm diggin' it. Supressor and Foregrip on the rifle, so I don't leave a tracer, and the Locater lets me anti-snipe far more effectively. Still learning to use the gun, but gimme a week or two, and I'll be a lot more proficient.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 pm

This game is starting to grow on me some more.
I've still pretty much stuck to Suppression until I get more comfy with the game, but its starting to come along. If only by a few Im getting more kills than deaths, and even started one game 6-1.

1. What is a leadership bonus?
Im not able to be any type of leader yet, so I know it doesnt have anything to do with that.
I see it pop up from time to time during matches.

Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:27 pm

There are certain bonuses that leaders will give to troops in their proximity. They're listed in the Barracks, under the leadership tab. Things like increased bleed out times, extra resistance to poison gas, etcetera. Nothing game-breaking, but still handy to have around.

I feel like SVER's Marksman Rifle is good, but not like the other two PMC's DMRs. It just doesn't have the clip to support the close-range spray, and I feel like the AG-94 offers a similar amount of range and counter-snipe potential, while still having an advantage in close-quarters. Obviously the DMR has higher stopping power, but it's still a little unwieldy to blindfire and you only have 10 rounds strains you even further.

Right now, I feel like I have my baseline figured out. The AG-94 is versatile, and I do like it, and had a fair bit of success with it. I'm probably going to try the Vipera next, and get some ninja lessons, and see how that goes, compared to my results with the AG. Not sure if I want to use the undermounted Launcher yet on it, or not. They're handy, and arguably as good/better than frags, with the same CP cost, but you pick up an extra, and they detonate on impact.

Last edited by Endloslung on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I see.
Thanks endlo
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Bleed-out times? Poison gas? Sounds like a pretty deep game. Wonder how cheap I could find it?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:43 pm

It went Greatest Hits earlier this year, so it should be...29.99 new? Vash and I picked up our copies used for like, 24. Shouldn't be all that bad, and it's actually quite a bit deeper now, with the update to 2.0, and the new skill trees.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:06 pm

ggs again endlo, vash

Not my best, not my worst
Those Sabotages take so long. Sorry I only had time for a couple.
Now, those dudes we faced in the last game I sat in with ya.....they did know they were supposed to be attacking right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 pm

You did fine, Sixer. The game gets a lot better as you unlock the Med Kit. I know you mentioned not liking it, but if you're hurting for CP and want to unlock some new gear, being an Engineer and repairing and maintaining things is a huge source of it. Vash and I pull around 1000 on a good Aqui, more if we're lucky, and the EXP rate is pretty good, especially if you sit on a bunker and fix a turret all game.

The DMR is finally starting to be nice to me, and now I'm a little torn. I'm still going to experiment with the Vipera, but now I have two set-ups where I can feel comfortable, and perform decently.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:53 am

Endloslung wrote:

The DMR is finally starting to be nice to me, and now I'm a little torn. I'm still going to experiment with the Vipera, but now I have two set-ups where I can feel comfortable, and perform decently.

Should I buy that? atm, its the only thing I can afford to buy. I have been waiting for a sight of some kind, but if the weapon is better than the one I have... Thinking

And speaking of first aid kits, thanks for all the revives. I kept ya busy.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 am

No worries, you get up and shoot stuff, I get points.

I would recommend against the Vipera, right now. Vash and I are experimenting with something akin to the old-school Commando builds, and to really use it effectively, you want at least the Motion Sensor, and likely the Sensor Jammer, which clock in at 26,000 CP for the set.

To use it most effectively, you're going to want to invest in the Reflex Sight, and the Silencer, as well as having the points in the CQC tree. We have 17 invested in right now, to get the full benefits of stability, refire rate, and reload speed, as well as having the improved knives.

If you don't have it, make your focus getting the Medical Kit, and putting 3 points into your Medical Tree, to get the resuscitation ability. You'll want to get it up to level 3, to get the maximum reward, as well as providing the best benefit for your team.

For a good starting weapon, I'd recommend the RTK. It's SVER's LMG, and it's got a fair bit of stopping power, and the huge clip size, to let you handle larger groups of enemies. Our starting weapons are among the worst in the game, but we make up for it, with excellent weapons in most categories later on.

If you're really a fan of the assault rifle, I would suggest using the LMG right now, and trying to focus on reviving downed teammates, healing teammates, and on defending games, being an Engineer. Not the most glamorous things in the world right now, but it'll help you build up your CP so you can invest in a solid weapon/attachments and then shift your focus back to killing enemies.

The AG-94 is our best Assault Rifle, at 5000 CP, and you'll want to use either the Reflex or the 4x Sight. It's a matter of preference, I prefer the 4x, but I also do a lot of counter-sniping with it. The Foregrip is going to be a great boost to your accuracy in general, as well as your hip-firing.

I'd recommend the AG-94, with a Foregrip, a Suppressor, and the sight of your choice. That's a good base to get you into the fray, it's a good blank slate for building your playstyle upon.

Super Late Edit - I love the Vipera. It took me a while to get the hang of using it, and I'm still not very good, but this is definitely the way to play, for me. My biggest problem right now, is needing to learn to pick my encounters, and letting skirmishes just run by, when they're not appropriate, and learning to use my knife more, and kills where it's appropriate. I've already gotten 2 Combat Ribbons with it, and for me, that's pretty impressive, and I picked up...2 or 3 Grim Reapers last night. I'm diggin' it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Went back to my Marksman for a while, now back to the Vipera. I love it something fierce, and it's been pretty good to me, so far. Right now, I'm planning on going back to the AG-94, probably with a Suppressor/Undermounted Launcher and an Optical Sight.

It's such a versatile gun, and I do miss using it. I'll at least be able to pick up my 1000 SMG/Shotgun/Sniper kills before I head back to it.

Even though I've resigned from Axis, and am currently playing with PPH, you guys are always welcome in my parties. I couldn't quite get synced up with you, Six, every time I got out of a game, you were busy in one, and they were full, so I couldn't hop in. Hopefully some other night soon, we'll have better luck. Seyel, Dingo, I look forward to trying to catch you guys too.

I seem to finally be getting comfortable in this game. I'm averaging at least a few Grims a day, right now, and my KD keeps going up. Soon it'll be at 2.0 for the month, and it's already over 2.0 for the week. I finally got my SMG and Shotgun medals, about 200 off the Sniper, and then I'll be going back to my AG-94.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm liking the shotty so far from what I've seen. The description lies, about the range. It is distant. I can get kills consistently from 50m at least away. But I have a problem regarding my future. I was debating on saving my money to wait until I was a level 20, to get the AK-103. But I decided that I need a better weapon sooner so I chose to buy the shotty. I know that my playstyle will fall, and I'll have to relearn to play the game once I get into the second and third teir assault rifles, which I will use in the future. But I kind of want a sight for my shotty, but I also want to save up to get the AK-103 when I have enough rewards, and maybe even get a sight for that too. Picking up enemy weapons makes me realize how much easier and more fun that the game will be once I get a powerful gun with good equipment. Post your thoughts and opinions please.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Pretty much, Im a bit like you.
For now, I just want a damn sight. And until I have one, I buy nothing.
Silly med kid set me back enough.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:11 pm

The silly med kit is what will get you a majority of your earnings. Get resesscetation, or however you spell it, and then you may find your self getting loads of rewards, especially during happy hour. In a supression today, I didn't get very many kills, but I picked lots and lots of people up and healed lots. I was in happy hour so I scored second in the whole platoon. Believe me, it's not a waste.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 am

Charlitos is right. The majority of your points, early into your career, should come from healing and reviving teammates, or playing as an Engineer on Aquisition or Domination on Defending games. From there, save up your CP, and buy the weapon you want to use/all the relevant attachments.

For those of you wanting to use the assault rifles, use the AG-94, with a Foregrip, a Reflex Sight, and a Large Suppressor. It's expensive to get set-up, but it's insanely reliable, and is my current weapon of choice. I'm saving up to get my Sensor Jammer right now, with this set-up, and then I'll be buying the undermounted grenade launcher.

If you want a minimal investment weapon-wise, in terms of CP, but more intensive in level-based skill points, look into using a Vipera-2, with a Small Suppressor, and a Reflex Sight. Alternatively, the shotgun is pretty insane with some points in the CQC tree, but they're pretty mandatory for using the Vipera successfully. The shotgun is fine without the investments, but it definitely shines with them.

For those who are looking to snipe, I'd suggest the SASR, or the SASR-M, if you have the 3000 CP to spare to pick it up. Again, you're going to want to suppress it, and have a Foregrip. It's serviceable as a basic countersnipe kind of thing, but I find that it really wants the points in Marksman. You don't need the increased scope magnification, but it does help if you upgrade to the AGVK, later on, with the Variable Powered Scope.

I would say for you guys, if you're looking for a weapon that's a solid option right now, would be to pick up the Vipera-2, get the Small Supressor, and the Reflex Sight. Don't forget to put the Suppressor on your handgun, as well. Put 5 points into Medical, and get up to Resuscitation 3, and then invest the rest of your points into CQC. If you have the points to spare afterwards, put 6 into Spec Ops, to get Increased Tracking Duration 3, and Supressors 3.

Fair warning, for the Vipera, you're going to want to play sneaky with it, because it's not really built to handle head-on encounters. Attack from the flanks, or from the sides, and press your advantage. You're also going to want to go for the headshots, to help compensate for it's lack of stopping power. If you don't mind the stigma of the shotgun, and the QQing you'll hear via Proxchat, then by all means, go for the shotgun. It's a flat 1800 points. It doesn't need a sight, they're a waste of points and precious loadout space. It's a hipfire weapon, but it's still powerful, and it has some serious range to it, when people are weakened, or if you can get a few shots off at them. I busted out 3 Grim Reapers with it last night, working on my 1000 kill medal. It's a powerful weapon, it just has the "noob" stigma attached to it, much like LMGs.

To throw out the comparisons, if I get a Silver Bullet, a Grim Reaper, and a Combat ribbon, which is a good game, then I'm still looking at less CP, than I would get in a single decent game of Defending Aquisition, as an Engineer. Those are 900 to 1000+, on average, more if you get some of the harder ribbons, like Gold Field, which is repairing two Bunkers. Silver Bullet is 10 headshots, Grim Reaper is 35 kills in a game, and a Combat Ribbon, for the main weapon types, is awarded at 25 kills with that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:46 am

Endloslung wrote:

To throw out the comparisons, if I get a Silver Bullet, a Grim Reaper, and a Combat ribbon, which is a good game, then I'm still looking at less CP, than I would get in a single decent game of Defending Aquisition, as an Engineer. Those are 900 to 1000+, on average, more if you get some of the harder ribbons, like Gold Field, which is repairing two Bunkers. Silver Bullet is 10 headshots, Grim Reaper is 35 kills in a game, and a Combat Ribbon, for the main weapon types, is awarded at 25 kills with that weapon.

I agree with all that. The last bit is really important if you want to get CP. Plan one game of every 2 of just healing or repairing if you can.

Found this in other place and put them in order from the most CP to the least:

Remember: repariring 250 units does not mean repairing 250 items but portions of damage. Also, repairing a bunker or whatever might just be "topping it up", even if the damage is small and it takes you 2 seconds to repair, it counts as repair. Just plan a game when you do not care at all about kills or deaths and go around repairing or healing people. The more CP you get, the more you can upgrade your weapon for later on. So forget about k/d right now and focus on CP and healing/repairing. The game is set up so newbies start helping the team and learning about the objectives.

?
Earn Interdiction MVP
Mortar Support
Repair 2 mortar batteries
AAA Support
Repair 1 AAA
AAA Demolition
Destroy 1 AAA
Mortar Demolition
Destroy 2 mortar batteries
Network Support
Repair 2 sensor arrays
Total Blackout
Destroy 2 sensor arrays
Road Rage
Run down 5 players in a vehicle
Combat Melee
15 knife kills
Golden Cross
Revive 15 allies
Jump Start
Capture 2 points in Interdiction
Combat Machine
Gun 25 machine gun kills
Combat Shotgun
25 shotgun kills
Combat Sidearm
10 sidearm kills
Combat Sniper
25 sniper rifle kills
Combat SMG
25 SMG kills
Combat Assault
25 assault rifle kills
Wrecking Crew
Destroy 3 roadblocks
Combat Mechanic
Repair 2 vehicles
Bronze Field Engineer
Repair 2 roadblocks
Gate Keeper
Repair 2 gates
Party Crasher
Destroy 3 gates
Dashed Hopes
Destroy 2 mines
Master Engineer
Repair 250 units
Combat Launcher
5 rocket launcher kills
Grim Reaper
35 kills
Silver Field Engineer
Repair 1 bridge
Gold Field Engineer
Repair 2 bunkers
Silver Bullet
10 headshot kills
Combat Fragger
10 grenade kills
Armchair General
30 bunker turret kills
Rocket Man
3 bunker turret rocket kills
Bunker Buster
Destroy 2 bunkers
Marauder
Plant 3 explosive charges
Bomb Squad
Disarm 3 explosive charges
Mr. Badwrench
Destroy 5 vehicles
Silver Cross
Heal 250 units
Mowing the Grass
10 vehicle turret kills
Purple Sidekick
15 assists
Longshot
Get 3 x 120m kills
Miner's
Place 10 mines
Screaming Eagle
Parachute 15 times
Purple Heart
30 deaths
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:04 am

Picking this up on Friday, most likely. If not, then mostly next Friday. Lookin' forward to some GG's with y'all
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Lvl 15
After a game of Domination I had more than enough for my scope. cheers
I is much happier now.

And I discovered it really helps to equip the med kit if you ever expect to use it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 pm

I was get excited about getting involved in mp on the various games but always end up getting my butt handed to me. I do all the campaigns on hardest modes, but still not even close online. With this not being a "twitch shooter" (not sure exactly what that means), does this mp give an old fart like me a chance of staying alive for more than 30 seconds a pop?

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Nope.
Not at first anyhow. My first week in has been ouchy. Frustrating, aggravating, and full of death.
But mixed in with all that is the feeling of achievement rising through ranks.
Something I haven't felt in a while in a fps. And it gets better as you dry the wetness behind your ears. Learning the quirks of the game, hot spots and choke points, etc..is half the battle.
The rest is still just point and shoot. Having team mates who can revive you on the field helps keep you in the action too.

How ya been Tim?

Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:53 pm

HauntedHousePull wrote:
Nope.
How ya been Tim?

working way to darn hard ... but still hanging in there ... good to see your site for a change ... hope all is well here.

back to winter, time to game for you I suppose?

Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top