Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:59 pm

It is.
Thinking about/ planning a move off the free host.
These kind of transitions scare me as you know.
But we're rocking and rolling here for sure.

Close oh so close to winter lay off. bounce

But this game btw isnt really lone wolf friendly.
Unless you can adapt and work with your squad despite not knowing a one of them.
At the least, give it a rent. Its a pretty solid game.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:10 pm

There are a few well-known lone wolf kind of guys, but they've also been around forever, and they've also ran with most of the well-known and "elite" clans for a while, before finally dropping out, and doing their own things.

Six is right, the game has a definite learning curve. Start small, if you do try the game, and try to get your bearings within the smaller gametypes, which are Suppression, which is a basic deathmatch style mode, against another PMC. Sabotage is also a good option, it's still a smaller gametype, 1 platoon, where the goal is either to defend or attack three objectives. The third is closed, until the first two are held simultaneously, then the whole platoon will attack/defend the third.

From there, you can move up to some of the bigger gametypes, which are going to have tactical strikes, are significantly larger, in number of players, and scope, as well as the number of things going on, on the map. You'll start to see tactical assets like Anti-air batteries, or mortars, as well as vehicles and the like, on Acquisition and Domination. Domination is the biggest gametype, and I'd hold off on it for now, both for the freezing issues that a lot of players are still having, and until you're more comfortable with the gameplay. Jumping in at the deep end is a bad idea in this game, and you'll often find yourself lost within the scope of the battle, as well as what's going on around you.

Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:14 pm

is this a 3ps?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:15 pm

No first
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

I went on a spending spree yesterday and I have enough money to buy either a ATAC 2000 (raven obviously ) or some LMG attachments what do you guys recommend? I don't want to regret buying a useless weapon
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:34 pm

The ATAC is incredible, reptile, it definitely wouldn't be a wasted purchase. I love getting the chance to loot them off Raven bodies, it's so stable and has solid stopping power.

I can't remember, but I think it has an integrated foregrip, it's been a while since I've been Raven, but I'd use the Grip/Reflex/Suppressor on it.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Ok, I got back to this and read the whole thread ... I'm interested.

So it appears there has been some recent, new interest with a few around here playing.

Are a few of you playing regularly, is it really really painful having a totally new noob try and trail along?

Did I understand that Seyel (still no mike, what a goof) is a leader of one of the factions?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Seyel is the leader of the Axis in Allies Clan, on SVER. The majority of us, Axis or not, are on SVER, as well.

I play MAG daily, it's the only game I'm currently playing, so I'm on it for pretty solid stretches, as well. If you want, hit me up with a Friend Request, timpanogos, and I'd be more than happy to game with you, when I'm not Clan Deployed with PPH. PSN is Endlo-.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Endloslung wrote:
Seyel is the leader of the Axis in Allies Clan, on SVER. The majority of us, Axis or not, are on SVER, as well.

I play MAG daily, it's the only game I'm currently playing, so I'm on it for pretty solid stretches, as well. If you want, hit me up with a Friend Request, timpanogos, and I'd be more than happy to game with you, when I'm not Clan Deployed with PPH. PSN is Endlo-.

Thanks Endloslung ... I think I'll pick this up tomorrow. I'll take your previous advice and get started on the smaller maps, get that medic kit and see if I can't get the feel of it a bit before bugging you guys.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Looks us up for sure Tim.
I'll send ya a friend inv the next Im on.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 pm

I think that I have my solution for the future. When I have enough CP to buy the AG-94, with a 4X thingy, then I'll be cruising. I'm definetly getting a better feel for the game now, because during Happy Hour, every other game I can expect to be in the top 3 for the platoon. And my KDR is rising slowly too, so another plus. I'm very much enjoying this game Very Happy= :D

EDIT- By the way, what does it mean when it says, fargo bonus under my XP while it's being earned?
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:17 am

whats with this happy hour? Sounds like it can be used over and over? confused about the 24 hour talk, sounded like a one shot deal ... do I want to be careful when I first start it up so as to be at a good repeating time?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 am

The Frago bonus extends a certain distance out from objects set by your squad leader. It's a reward for playing near the objective, and doing what you should be, most of the time. If you play with Vash or myself as Squad Leader, on Aquisition, you'll see us steal the Frago a lot while repairing, unless the Bunker sees a lot of action. It doubles the experience earned. Kills are worth 10 points, assists are worth 6, revives are worth 20, and repair ticks are worth 2. You'll also get that bonus for securing objectives, destroying bunkers, any action that will you earn experience, can have a FRAGO bonus attached.

Had some really good games tonight, with everybody. Got a chance to beat on the Dark Flock a bit, which is a bonus every time, and even got a few good Supp and Sabo in with Charlitos.

The Med Kit is going to be a bit of a grind, but if I see you on MAG tomorrow, Tim, I can squad up with you, and try to run you through an Aquisition. It's one of the larger gametypes, but on good games, we can net about 1000 CP, which is going to cover that Medkit for you. Do you have a mic? You won't be on the frontlines very often, so you won't have to worry about trying to juggle all of that, with trying to repair things.

Charlitos, if you go with the AG-94, I would definitely recommend using the Reflex Sight, over the Optical. The 4x sounds a lot better in theory, than it will perform in actual use. It's nice to have on a loadout where you're redlining the opposition, because it'll help you aim at the snipers and pick off guys far off, but you can still do that with the Reflex, as well. Having the Reflex on it, primarily, will also save you from some of the disorientation that comes from using the Optical in close to mid-range encounters, where it ends up hindering your ability to keep accurate, while strafing. That's my experience with it, at least.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, in terms of weapons. I was having a bad night with the Vipera-2, but I picked up the pace at the end of the night, and was getting around 40 kills a game, on our Sabos. I do want to go back to using the SASR-M, and picking up the mobile sniper/counter-sniper route, though, and I am a Marksman type of player, at heart. I'm having a hard time developing my skill-point set-ups, right now, because there's so much I want to use, and so much I feel that is becoming superfluous. It's hard to balance the two out, and come up with something I'm happy with.

EDIT - As far as the Happy Hour goes, it's an hour-long "bonus" that's given to you, and it doubles your end of game experience. It has a 24-hour cooldown period, and after those 24 hours, you'll have another Happy Hour. You'll get a message notifying you that it's active, as well as the timer. It goes into effect when you're deployed into a game, and will continue to count down for that hour, after your first deployment.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:49 am

reptile555 wrote:
I went on a spending spree yesterday and I have enough money to buy either a ATAC 2000 (raven obviously ) or some LMG attachments what do you guys recommend? I don't want to regret buying a useless weapon

ATAC 2000 = Best gun in the game imo, I love that thing.

timpanogos wrote:

Thanks Endloslung ... I think I'll pick this up tomorrow. I'll take your previous advice and get started on the smaller maps, get that medic kit and see if I can't get the feel of it a bit before bugging you guys.

You definitely want to play with a group asap in this game even if you are a liability to begin with. I can't stress this enough for this game to be fun and a success you want to play with a group as often as possible. Plus there's unfortunately a huge learning curve attatched to this game and if you have a reasonable party with you they can explain anything. Trust me, originally I HATED this game when I first got it until I played with a bunch of my friends who played the beta like a real game. They explained everything to me and now I almost have 500 hours played and still love it.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 am

timpagogos! cheers

how are you?
I'm the leader by default settings in MAG, not by merits Embarassed are you still in my friend's list? I should have you in there, I will hit you with some inv if I see you online. And well.. yeah, mic.. *cough*
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm not sure if I want to call it the best, but I definitely agree with Flight, in that it's a hell of a weapon to pick up. I look forward to looting them every time I play against Raven, and it never lets me down. So good all around.

People complain a lot about SVER weaponry, but what I wouldn't give to have access to some other PMC's weaponry. Give me either SCAR or a KP5 anyday. I'd love to have ATAC or the Raven handguns, too.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Seyel wrote:
timpagogos! cheers

how are you?
I'm the leader by default settings in MAG, not by merits Embarassed are you still in my friend's list? I should have you in there, I will hit you with some inv if I see you online. And well.. yeah, mic.. *cough*

Hey Seyel, I'm well thanks! picked up a used copy of mag at lunch. I need to get back on your friends list, I lost my data and friends awhile back.

Was not sure if your mike talk in this thread indicated a softening or simply a yea sure, mike maybe ... (my offer to send you one is still good). I got a kick out if it either way.

Hope to see you online soon

Tim

found a tutorial that seems interesting so far:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi timpagogos! I will add you next time I am on. I do have a mic now... my problem is just plain sillyness. I need to convince myself that a) people will understand me and b) nobody is going to make a big deal out of my accent. It is just plain silly, I know. I will get over that. Someday. I guess. Embarassed

Hope to see you soon online!
Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 pm

I followed Endloslug and FlightOfFGrey's recommendations you guys were right I love the ATAC 200 now! The ATAC 2000 having it's own built-in grip help save some cash If you put a 4x optical scope on it it's almost like a sniper ( a really rapid fire sniper Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 am

Yeah, it's definitely one of the standout Assault Rifles. I still prefer the Valor ones with the Reflexes, but you can't go wrong with the ATAC with either, as well. I don't like the Raven Reflex as much, but if you don't mind the Optical, then it's a pretty moot point.

Glad you're enjoying it though, Reptile.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

Played some suppression for first few hours, and then played sabotage. I think I'm going to like this game (and do ok longer term). Seemed to do much better at sabotage defending than attacking. Pretty much stuck with the sub machine gun on the first/main load out - got to level 5.
It seems pretty random that I'll remain where I fell when killed or end up back at spawn - without hitting X … seems about 60% of time I end up at spawn instantly when killed - why is this?
Also watching mini map for red dots, do these only show under certain circumstances? i.e. like r2 if I'm running I show, or is it a gadget thing, proximity etc?

Right now I just want to head for that 800c and get the med kit, right?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 am

You go inmediately to respawn if they have killed you with a headshot or if after killing you they shoot you again inmediately so you do not go into the "bleeding out" state. If you are bleeding out and you hit "X" then you go to respawn. However, look at the countdown for next respawn (at the bottom right). You can wait to see if a team mate revives you until the respawn coundown hits 7 seconds or so, if you hit "X" after this you pretty much respawn with the rest of the team. If you wait to bleed out completely, the countdown might be in 3 seconds or maybe started again and then you have to wait a bit longer. The idea is that the team respawn together so they can push again together. I always look around to see if there are medics nearby that can arrive safely to where I am, if you are surrounded by 3 enemies you are a bit of a death trap yourself, so I generally bleed out in those circumstances. However, if I see a blue arrow running to where I am and I see it is a medic, then I usually wait. It is a bit frustrating running to revive a teammate, putting yourself a risk and when you are almost there that said teammate hits X and you are left in the middle of enemy territory for nothing.

The medic kit will give you loads of points. I posted a table in the previous page of CP given for each achievement in game. Reviving, repairing and healing give you more points than kills do in most cases. These CP points (currency points) are the ones you need to buy weapons. Remember to use some skill points also in the medic tree, as this will allow you not only to heal portions of health but also revive.

The enemies appear when they shoot and run (it used to be only when they run). However (and this is quite important) you cannot rely only on that: some things modify this like sensor jammer (do not appear), motion sensor (you see further), sensor sweep (your squad leader does some kind of UAV)... I have myself equipped a sensor jammer instead of grenades, it costs a lot but I am a snipper so it is good because I am not going to be in the middle of the battle, so anything that can help me to hide is good (translated: I am a camper Embarassed ).

Both repairing and healing give you plenty of points. If you decide to repair, you know you will be mainly in the objectives so that means you will be always where the battle is, but also with your teammates are. Good thing about repairing is that it does not matter if whatever you are repairing is completely destroyed or just slightly damaged, it counts as a repair anyway. If you decide to be a medic, then you can be behind your team and just heal anyone on your way. I am a sniper and a medic, sometimes I stay behind and snipe to the objective, sometimes I decide to get closer and use my medicgun most of the time. The more CP points you get, the more you can upgrade your weapon. This game does not care about k/d ratios so even if you have no kills and 20 deaths you could be top of the leaderboard if you have been reviving loads of people. And you would also have loads of points to spend in a better weapon that could give you more grip, better sight or rate of fire.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:01 am

Getting blown up ends your bleed out too.
Its usually a grenade that does it to me.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:09 am

It's a team nadelauncher for me.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am

Seyel;

Thanks for all that information!

So, skill points are different than CP? Not in game, so don't remember names, but there was the armory where I'd spend CP to upgrade weapons I suppose … then the career maintenance or something … I guess is where skill points are applied? Repair/heal/kill = cp, are skill points just automatic based on level or something else?
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top