Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 am

Cobalt Monkey wrote:
I haz this game nao. Gonna finish up on my Fallout 3 first, but then Imma jump in on this. I'll need someone to hide behind when they're newb hunting.
Thinking
Oh, Ratchet!

You can hide behind me if you're on Valor. Twisted Evil

Had a great victory as Squad Leader last night. It was us attacking Corvus Research. As soon as the battle began, I ordered us to attack a bunker to our far left. As soon as we broke through, we blitzkrieged our way to the Sensor Array, and destroyed it quickly as well. Thankfully, I had several good SL in our platoon, so they were breaking through the defenses at about the same time as us.

Even though Platoon 1 didnt get past the first set of bunkers, we managed to win. I also got a Mortar Demolition ribbon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eriktr0n
Fourth Nation
Eriktr0n

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:33 pm

I think everyone who doesn't play S.V.E.R. has a huge problem with them. I've been playing S.V.E.R. and a couple of people on my PSN list have made a point to tell me how much they hate them.

I also keep hearing people say things like "F---ing cheating S.V.E.R." and "If it wasn't for these maps you guys would be garbage" whenever I kill people and I can hear them via proximity chat. Doesn't bother me though the last time I heard this is because I all by my lonesome ran in to Objective A that Valor had taken and mowed down at least six of them and took the objective back...The second I heard them talk trash I took the time out to teabag every last guy I killed Twisted Evil THAT'S when the trash talk REALLY started.

Also, I'm going to be hitting level 60 soon and will probably be switching over to Valor through Veteran mode. Anyone on here who is playing as Valor feel free to add me. PSN = Eriktr0n.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Last edited by eattheword on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm

First impressions:

It is not a game you just walk into and Rule.
If you don't know how things work it's because you were too lazy to check out the "training" screen. *at this point I stopped listening to him as his opinion is relatively invalid* He could at least be informed about the game he's reviewing.

The "health" "first aid kit" he was droning on about ... you have to earn the points to buy the kit that heals/revives other players.
As far as the failed "nades" ... he overthrew his target

Perhaps I should be fair and watch the rest of his "machima" but he bores me with his misinformation.

Oh, the 25 sec waiting screen:
If you're just starting a game: the loading screen gives you a 25sec wake up to set your Squad leaders, swap equipment or change squads.
Respawns start at 18 sec, but are usually more @ 6 sec. Depends on how and where you died as well as what defensive/offensive positions you are holding.

Meh, I like the game. I'm no superhero at it, but I find it fun an challenging.
Really a team game.

I ran support for Erik last night and rang up the most points I have ever in a game. What'd I do?
Sat at the base of his turret an kept it Full Power, ran off anyone who attempted to blow up our bunker and sniped a few in between. I went 18:7 in that game and the majority of my points came from defusing bunker bombs and repairing the bunker

Erik did what he does ... splattered the offense all over the field .... Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:46 pm

As per Eat's post here's another view review fpr those interested or who haven't made up their mind yet:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alas, I won't be able to join my fellow mates in this one. I simply don't have time to invest Sad I need a lottery win.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 am

Raistlin wrote:
As per Eat's post here's another view review fpr those interested or who haven't made up their mind yet:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alas, I won't be able to join my fellow mates in this one. I simply don't have time to invest Sad I need a lottery win.... Neutral

Hmmm, looks like it needs a lot of time to (a) get acclimatised and (b) play a round. I don't think it will be a purchase for me. I think we're getting it at work so I might bring it home and try it out.

In an update, having now read the instructions, Ken Burton now likes MAG:
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Thinking

nope .. not listening ... ain't gonna do it.

Evil or Very Mad

bounce
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 am

A_Bloody_Bunny wrote:
Thinking

Evil or Very Mad

bounce
But he likes it...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:56 am

Gamers don't listen to reviewers cause they are a bunch of idiots who either take money from developers and give a good score or don't get enough and give crap scores. The only one I like is the Zero Punctuation dude. Now thats a good reviewer.

Best thing to do though is to form your own opinion. If you are really unsure about a game rent it out, see what you think.

I reckon someone should open up a rental store that allows you to buy the game you rented minus the cost of the rental. Sort of a "Take the game for a test drive by putting down a deposit and if you like it just pay off the 30 or 40 quid left that you have to pay off."
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 am

But that's just it, Ken Burton isn't a reviewer, he's a Joe Public gamer whose videos are all about playing games from the perspective of a guy who likes games but isn't necessarily very good at them. He asks the questions a lot of people are afraid to ask for fear of looking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 am

o.O *Shrugs*
I still reckon that people should form there own opinions rather than go by others. Fair enough I will ask someone here what they think of a game and if they reckon its worth me checking out if I think they have the same tastes as me.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:54 am

eattheword wrote:
A_Bloody_Bunny wrote:
Thinking

Evil or Very Mad

bounce
But he likes it...

hmmm ...*taps foot, thinks a bit*.

Shocked

Alias ... Work related?
Don't drive me to google ...

Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 am

A_Bloody_Bunny wrote:

Alias ... Work related?
Don't drive me to google ...

Ermmm, nope. Ken Burton clearly has a Birmingham/midlands accent. And I do not. Nor can I do a passable imitation of one.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah but British people all sound the same to americans, Same with Irish and when I hear the America accents I can tell the difference. I think I can detect the difference in the Canadian one.
Texans sound like new yorkers to me when they stopped off in my mothers coffee shop and I tried to see if there was a difference in the accents.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 am

Liam wrote:

Texans sound like new yorkers to me when they stopped off in my mothers coffee shop and I tried to see if there was a difference in the accents.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Liam wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

lol. It's like comparing Glaswegian to Cockney.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:33 am

There's a difference to them too? Jesus. Once your outside the country they all sound the same but within the country you can basically tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 am

eattheword wrote:
Spongebobnopants wrote:
Liam wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

lol. It's like comparing Glaswegian to Cockney.
Ill take this as an insult since I do not understand these two words. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:53 am