Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 am

Now go read Order of the Stick.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 am

NEVA!
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 am

DO EET.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 am

NAOW?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 am

DAH.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 am

Yes, Nao!
I started last week. I'm in the middle of the 600s now. It's only into the 700s. lol Highly entertaining.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah, its great commentary on TTRPG's, has a good plot, and is funny to boot.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 am

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 886746
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:35 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the most accurate cosplayer ever. Behold!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:37 am

Hah that is brilliantly done!
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:11 pm

A wierd thing happened last night. I ran a game....and the players DIDN'T DIE. It was....odd....
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:00 pm

What?! This is an outrage! I demand you correct this situation immediately!
If even a single PC lives, then you're not doing your job right. Evil or Very Mad

Razz
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:31 pm

That may happen next session, when they end up trying to fight either the little girl who also happens to be a dread devourer, or the orc chieftain who happens to ride a red dragon. They're really not suppossed to fight either. But when have PC's ever done what they're suppossed to?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Ah, I see. Their survival was merely the timeless "Set them up for a bigger fall later" method. Classic.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 am

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 1931472354
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Well, here went your entire day.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheGrandListOfConsoleRolePlayingGameCliches
You can thank Turtle for this.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:29 am

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 886746

Yeah, that' about right.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Yep.

This will be a good summer for RPGs. Mainly because I'm finally running through Tomb of Horrors, and because I'll be able to play a goblin that stabs people in the face with magic.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:39 pm

I play the ultimate RPG... Dungeons and Dragons. Yah im that cool. Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Join the club. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Several of us, myself included, are all dice rattlers.
And I agree. With the right group, it (or any table top RPG) can be the greatest game in the world. Very Happy= :D
Feel free to share any good stories you have. I'll return the favor if you want.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Well we are actually starting a new campaign tommorow. Im in the process of making a Human Wizard as we speak. Heres what I got so far.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:19 am

An..actual backstory? Hard to come by in my group. Kudos. I look forward to hearing of your guy's exploits, if you feel inclined to post them.

I've had a few good characters, but I think my favorite is from Shadowrun.
Micheal O'Connell, Shadowrunner name: Penance (Later changed to Lazarus after having to fake his own death.)
Had a deeply rooted hatred of magic users after being abducted from an orphanage by a crazy hedgewitch who sliced his eyes as part of some ritual or another. Was about to be sacrificed when she was taken down by a military group. The leader of which, called Ol' MacDonald (Genius, aren't I?), took some pity on him and recruited him, sort of doing the whole 'surrogate son' thing. Eventually he got a shiny new set of cyber eyes.
Soon it became apparent that he had two talents; engineering and shooting people. He combined the two to great effect in the form of weapon design.
One day he had a mission to take out an elven Tir agent at his home. Sniped the guy, but the bullet passed through and grazed his kid. Seeing this got him over his hatred of mages eventually, but left him completely disillusioned as to what he was doing. He just disappeared until one day he found himself in Seattle and joined up with the party since it was the only way he had to make it in life. He had taken oaths not to harm any innocents though, only people who attacked him first.

Had a few moments of awesome with this guy, but I think the crowning one goes to the fight with the Shedim (sp?), a spirit that could possess corpses, while healing them to full and buffing their stats. We'd barely managed to drive it off twice before and eventually had to recruit a mage to kill it.
Before that though it was stalking us. We'd been hired to take out a large group of gangers. We set several traps and lured them to a meeting place. Went off mostly without a hitch, but while we were burning the bodies, one elven one suddenly got up and attacked. It was a hard fight. We managed to pull through, but everyone else was pretty badly injured. We finish burning only to find that we'd missed one that had been blown into the bushes earlier. A troll this time.
I knew there was no way we were getting through this as a straight fight, and no way we could escape. So, I did the only thing I could think of to ensure it died fast.
I reached into my pack and pulled out a leftover claymore mine from the traps earlier. Rushed him and stuck it up to his throat, held it there while pressing the remote detonator in my other hand. Blew my hand off, but also his head.
I made the best of that bad situation. Replaced my hand with a cyberware hand, which I modified into a potent shock glove. Paired it with a steel bladed/hilted katana. On a wound I would activate it for its full stun damage, bypassing their armor and straight into their gut (or wherever). Worked quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:25 am

thats sick man. Yah my group is really heavy into the actual stories and RPing. Everyone has a backstory (its almost mandatory) and the DM's ( we have two so they can keep up) are completly making a world from scratch. This is from one of them on how its gonna start:

Spoiler:

Im really stoked to get started haha.
Back to top Go down

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top