Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 am

*** drools, snorts, then shouts out "Hey! Get off my lawn!", then turns over and resumes gentle snoring ***
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 am

Oh good god no not that... that nearly as bad as ET the videogame!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 am

Liam wrote:
Oh good god no not that... that nearly as bad as ET the videogame!

There's a videogame about me? It must be truly awesome.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:30 am

Yes. So "awesome" that every copy ever made was rounded up and buried deep within the Nevada desert so that no one would ever have to "enjoy" them again.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:56 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Yes. So "awesome" that every copy ever made was rounded up and buried deep within the Nevada desert so that no one would ever have to "enjoy" them again.

So that's what they're hiding at Area 51?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:08 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:

They are buried in New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:09 am

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 38633 Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 38633
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 am

We're not to speak of the Evil Thing.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:35 am

New topic.
It's a common thing in many an RPG for there to be some manner of summoning creatures.
Tell me, nation-goers, what's your favorite summon and/or summoning system?
Do you like summons with animations that give you enough time to make a sandwich, or do you just cast Knights of the Round for the damage?
Prefer your summons to be on the front lines with you? Maybe you like the Bard's Tale summons that fight shoulder to shoulder with you.
Maybe you just like ones that enhance a character's abilities. Shadow Hearts, ftw, then!

So.....Whacha like?
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:37 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:

Tell me, nation-goers, what's your favorite summon and/or summoning system?

"Bring me a beer, biotch!!!"

Though I have to say it's never been quite as successful as I had hoped.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:26 am

Excuse me while I 'print-screen' that for future use... Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Can't imagine why that isn't more successful, Doc. How many MP do you have invested it that one? Or rather, how many MP does it take to overcome a woman's desire to not be considered an slave? Thinking

Suppose I should list my own favorite, but it's hard to choose. scratch
I like the Persona series for the sheer number of summons. Couple of hundred, I believe.
My favorite individual summon is probably Bahamut from FFVIII. Looks sweet. Nothing say OWNED like a Megaflare, imo.

Not that anyone ever actually summons in that game. I mean, when Renzokuken=Death why call a creature that takes five minutes to show up?
Back to top Go down
mossy_oak01
Fourth Nation
mossy_oak01

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Anyone play FF Dissidia yet? I picked it up Tues. and it's pretty fun for a psp game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Looks sweet, but sadly, I have no PSP. Just can't see dropping that much on a hand held that I wouldn't actually take anywhere. Sad I'll just have to hope they do a port or something of this game eventually. Or pick it up as DLC about the time the PS4 comes out. lol
Back to top Go down
mossy_oak01
Fourth Nation
mossy_oak01

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Looks sweet, but sadly, I have no PSP. Just can't see dropping that much on a hand held that I wouldn't actually take anywhere. Sad I'll just have to hope they do a port or something of this game eventually. Or pick it up as DLC about the time the PS4 comes out. lol

I just got mine Tues with the bundle. It wont be used all the time. However, there are time when doing some sampling at work it will come in real handy. off topic (I really want to try Resistance: Retribution also) I haven't played a FFin a while and it's nice to see those characters again.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 pm

I'd very much like to play Retribution, myself.
What did that bundle run you? May have to get one in the future. Lots of other things to take care of first though.

This did bring to mind a fun handheld RPG I had neglected to mention. Golden Sun/Golden Sun:The Lost Age. Very fun games and quite long for the GBA. I think each one was +40 hrs. If you did all the sidequests.
Even had summons. Hey, by some miracle, we've made it Back To Topic !
Excellent system, imo. Each Djinn you equipped boosted your character's stats, but if you summoned enough of certain kinds you could use a much bigger more powerful summon. And after a few rounds, the Djinn would re-equip so it could be reused, or left in place to keep your stats high.
Made for some strategy.
Back to top Go down
mossy_oak01
Fourth Nation
mossy_oak01

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Buble ran me $199.99 plus tax. You get the game, a 2g card, and FF Advent Children movie.
And..............There are summons in this game. Cool
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:51 am

Part of me wishes I knew what the hell you guys have been saying to each other in the last 3 - 4 posts... But the other part of me says that life's too short and I should stick to Bejewelled. Neutral
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:59 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
Part of me wishes I knew what the hell you guys have been saying to each other in the last 3 - 4 posts... But the other part of me says that life's too short and I should stick to Bejewelled. Neutral
Same, add me to your facebook Leo! Kiss

Last edited by Sponge on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:20 am

Face-book...? Rolling Eyes

Leo = uber-gangsta-pimpin-Vampire. Leo =/= facebook nerd.

I play on my Ps3, Spongey, at first it was difficult to get the hang of the controls but now I can do it with one hand. Shocked Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
but now I can do it with one hand. Shocked Cool Laughing
*Whispers Thatswhatshesaid

Oh Embarassed I thought you played Bejeweled on Facebook like Rx, Sixxy, and myself do. Boy am I embarrassed!!
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:03 am

*** COMMENT BANISHED INTO NETHERWORLD ***

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by Leonardo_337 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:16 am

Ouch nice.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:43 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Rx, Sixxy, and myself do Boys, am I embarrassed!!

Shocked

Laughing
Shocked
Mod attack!!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:59 am

Sponge wrote:
Leonardo_337 wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Rx, Sixxy, and myself do Boys, am I embarrassed!!

Shocked

Laughing
Shocked
Mod attack!!

That a summon? scratch
Sponge: "I summon Mod to erase Leo's posts!" Expensive attacks. Cost three Rep points to use. tongue
Back to top Go down

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top