Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Anyone else play Gears of War 2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

Nation Reputation : 0

Anyone else play Gears of War 2? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else play Gears of War 2?   Anyone else play Gears of War 2? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Just interested to see if anyone else plays Gears 2 Online, I tend to play it a lot now, its pretty addictive.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else play Gears of War 2?   Anyone else play Gears of War 2? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:54 pm

is this game worth getting? I am going to to play it more then 5 times like what happened with halo 3? videos on youtube just make it look like you camp behind a wall for 50 minutes. I need to something to play there is nothing good out
Back to top Go down
Eriktr0n
Fourth Nation
Eriktr0n

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else play Gears of War 2?   Anyone else play Gears of War 2? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 3:12 pm

I didn't think Gears 1 or 2 were any good. The visuals are terrific and the gore all makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside but once I got past the aesthetic appeal of the whole game there really isn't much actual FUN behind it. Not to mention the online (at least in the first one, didn't play the second one online) was a laughable 4 vs. 4 battle and if you aren't quick enough you never get a good weapon seeing as the good ones only spawn once.

All in all I think this game is a rental.
Back to top Go down
SabbathRider
First Nation
First Nation
SabbathRider

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else play Gears of War 2?   Anyone else play Gears of War 2? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:17 pm

I did complete the Gears 1 single player, but never played the Multiplayer. The Single Player is worth picking it up for, especially as it is really cheap now. The same applies to Gears 2 in my opinion. The Single Player is one of the greatest I have ever played. Plus it can be played in Coop as well.

I really like the Gears 2 Online, the odd person hides behind a wall, but everyone else goes in all guns blazing. I find it really tactical, especially if you play Guardian.

Its all about out thinking the other team.

There has been a ridiculous amount of post release support from Epic Games, four major patches and four map packs. On top of that there is a new Single Player Chapter, and seven more maps, coming July 30.

Gears 2 should be reduced by now, I suggested getting both Gears 1 and Gears 2, you wouldn't regret it.
Back to top Go down

Anyone else play Gears of War 2?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top