Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

Borderlands - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:29 pm

The marker system takes a little bit to get used to, unless you've played games with that style before. Once you get areas down, somewhat though, finding your way around will get a ton easier. You'll hear that you've got to go to x, and it's just kinda like, yeah, I know exactly where that is.

Fast travel also makes that pretty easy, too.

Also, I'm pretty sure that your objective for the current mission is marked on the map, with the same green diamond style marker as the HUD. That, or I'm absolutely insane.

The Class Mod thing is touch-and-go. If you need cash, class mods are easy to find, and farm for. I tended to keep ones that were really good, but anything that was only okay, or was a line of text or two short just got sold at the next vendor.

As for complaints? I wish the sense of humour kept itself going. It really seemed to just...stop being there. CL4P-TP was great, they're all a riot. The intro and fight with 9-toes just makes me laugh, every time. But, towards the end, the game making fun of itself a bit just kinda disappeared, and in it's wake, there are chunks of Lance everywhere.

I'd also really like to get some more background on the characters. I don't even really know anything beyond Brick had a dog, Mordecai won some sharpshooter competition with a pistol...and Brick's belt buckle meaning. I just never really felt there was any kind of attempt to flesh them out, as characters, beyond relatively faceless killing machines.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Fear not, Six. Unless you've talked to the character in the southwest corner of Hallow's End, then you do not have a gabillion zombie brains. You have none. Brains collected before the quest starts are null and void.
For future reference, they are obtained by killing a zombie with a crit.

Ummm.. There is no 'cave' that leads to zombie island, unless they added one in that I didn't ever find, which is possible. It's just a place you can fast travel to from the New U stations like any other. It's labeled Jakobs Cove.
RF: Jakobs Cove and the Underdome can both be fast traveled to from the outset of a game whether or not you have restarted the fast travel network.

The map points to exactly where what you're looking for it, with the exception of the "Scavenger" missions where it points to the general area. To bring up the map quickly, just hold down the select button. I will say that a mini map while driving would not be amiss with me.
FYI, later in the zombie DLC you'll be asked to search for some missing persons. One of whom is labeled as "Newb" and his ECHO recording has him complaining about the objective display system. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:19 pm

i only beat it once six lol
im up to lvl 42 with mordecai. saw you sign on end but i knew i was getting off so i didnt bother inviting you to join. maybe tomorrow or something

aim assist in this game makes quick sniping a joke Laughing

also i dont find that the way-point is confusing. i just look at my map to figure out my general direction and i go/ i like how it gets bigger as you get closer to your target location.

another complaint i have is that i noticed that you get stuck on things that stick out of the ground or surfaces way too easily. i got stuck on a piece of fence wire or something at one point. how it that possible? its like 1/8 of an inch thick!

brains missions = far more tedious than they need to be
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Yeah, I saw you on Banded, but I was going to hop on UC2, because it was the only time Vash was going to be free to play, tonight. Cobalt, I saw you on, but I had to go take care of some stuff, and snag something to eat. If you're still on, though, I'd definitely love to get some time in tonight.

Six, I'll send you a 'vite next time I'm on, and maybe we can get something going, as well.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:33 pm

i wont be on for the rest of the night, just so all are aware
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

No worries, End. I'm the type that waits for an invite instead of sending them. If one doesn't show, then I just assume that they had something else to do, or were with someone. Not an issue.
Be back online shortly. If no one's on, I'll be playing MW2.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks, Cobalt. I swear, we'll get some Borderlands in soon. Seems like real life wants to keep steppin' in, as sometimes happens. I'll be on later in the night, towards 9 or so, I think, if you're possibly free then. Sharing the TV is keepin' the PS3 in check today, unfortunately, but you'll have this.

Trying to get Roland maxed out, although I don't have much gear to give him. Mordecai is gonna have to spend some time in Fastness and Haven, to get him up to snuff. While I'm farming, does anybody need anything in particular? I can look for COMs, shields, weapons, just let me know if you guys want me to keep an eye out. Much rather get something to someone who could use it, then stuff it into a machine.

I should be pretty free, for the rest of the week, as well. I have class tomorrow, but I'll be free again, in the afternoon, assuming all goes well, if tonight doesn't pan out.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm good up until Sunday myself, assuming a winter storm that's moving in on Thursday doesn't fiddle with my internets. If tonight doesn't happen, then later on is good too. No rush.
Got my Roland up to 48. Finally get to start using a weapon Ratchet passed me back in Fyrestone. lol Rocking the +24% exp class mod that he gave me too. Currently speced to accommodate it, but once I hit 50 I may switch to a Rifleman mod, or maybe Support Gunner.

Had a good bit of game time with Liam a little ago. Though not until after he spent a while idle. I have it on good authority that he was busy helping his gf farm the Dahl Headlands for a Volcano. (ahh, nerd humor).
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah, good luck with that, Cobalt. We had an ice storm last week or so, that took me out for about two days, with it randomly coming back for a few minutes.

Got my Roland up to 50, playing around with the spec that I posted a while back. Not sure if I want to rock Support Gunner, or Heavy Gunner with it, currently. I'm leaning a bit more towards Heavy Gunner, because it's got relevant skillpoints, a large magazine bonus, and a damage bonus, on top of buffing Impact another 3 points. Support has a magazine bonus, and ammo regen, but it's likely a non-combat mod, just to keep my ammo supply healthy.

Have a few rifles for him, and a 1.5k shield, so he's not too awfully geared. I might try to play around with a Commando mod, and a respec to shotguns, in the near future. I need to find a quality Striker though, before that could really play out. Something to keep in mind, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 am

scratch
Well there was plenty of Ploughing.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Splitscreen is weird on this game.
Heading online shortly.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 am

Me tried using a Volcano but me prefurs (Furry word of the week) using the one me found in a hidden area. Me forgot name but red writing says "Take that"
7 dark orange, 4 orange, 9 purple, 6 blue, 5 green and 1 white but rare in me gun collection.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 am

Nicely done, Dingo. Sounds like you're quite the rare gun enthusiast.

Cobalt, the split-screen is very odd. Using it to level up some of the lower levels was a little odd, but you get used to it pretty quickly. It was nice getting a chance to play a bit with you finally, and talk about some random stuff. Got a little bit of gun-tradin' on, as well.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:57 am

And thank you for it. That one's a nice addition. We didn't do a whole lot of actual playing, but really what was there to do? Did get to show you a couple funny things about the game that I like. Hover car, ftw!

Seems we have--da-da-dA-DA!-- bit of news!
I went to look up the red text on Dingo's gun at the gamefaqs boards and found this:
Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Apparently the next DLC. No release date yet. Here are some links to pictures though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And here's the provided description:
Spoiler:
Speaking of Dingo's gun, I couldn't find any reference to the red text "Take that!" anywhere, there or the wiki. You'll have to give me the stats on that one. Color, type, damage, etc. You may have just found yourself in incredibly rare weapon.

Oh, and I getta make Ratchet jealous today.
I haz Chimera. ^_^
It's about a hundred damage less than your Anaconda, and the clip is only two. Still, I think I'll respec Mordecai to pistols just to try it out at it's full potential.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 6:49 am

Me will have to remember to write it down for yas BUT it was found in a hidden cave on trash coast.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 am

Endloslung wrote:
Nicely done, Dingo. Sounds like you're quite the rare gun enthusiast.

Cobalt, the split-screen is very odd. Using it to level up some of the lower levels was a little odd, but you get used to it pretty quickly. It was nice getting a chance to play a bit with you finally, and talk about some random stuff. Got a little bit of gun-tradin' on, as well.

where was i for this!? Razz
i saw you on yesterday and i messaged you but i guess you didnt see it. you went offline about 30 mins later

i want that volcano so badly lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 am

Cobalt Monkey wrote:
And thank you for it. That one's a nice addition. We didn't do a whole lot of actual playing, but really what was there to do? Did get to show you a couple funny things about the game that I like. Hover car, ftw!

Seems we have--da-da-dA-DA!-- bit of news!
I went to look up the red text on Dingo's gun at the gamefaqs boards and found this:
Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Apparently the next DLC. No release date yet. Here are some links to pictures though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And here's the provided description:
Spoiler:
Speaking of Dingo's gun, I couldn't find any reference to the red text "Take that!" anywhere, there or the wiki. You'll have to give me the stats on that one. Color, type, damage, etc. You may have just found yourself in incredibly rare weapon.

Oh, and I getta make Ratchet jealous today.
I haz Chimera. ^_^
It's about a hundred damage less than your Anaconda, and the clip is only two. Still, I think I'll respec Mordecai to pistols just to try it out at it's full potential.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thats me running around all excited like Whoo-hoo new DLC!
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 am

now the page is all fat Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Don't worry, banded. That Volcano is all yours, next time I catch you. Yeah, I must've missed the message you sent me, I apologize.

I got a little bit of gametime in with Cobalt the other night, we did a little New Haven running, and shot some wasteland creatures. Next time you're on,
I'll be sure to pay a bit more attention to my inbox, or hop on, and send you a 'vite.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 pm

not a big deal. my post was more of a joke. i might be getting on tomorrow and probably sunday

farmed myself a volcano today on my 3rd try but its nowhere near as good as yours... its barely better than mine lol
i have like 6 orange guns now tough Very Happy= :D lvl 46
PT2 is definitely harder than PT 1. im doing Crazy earl's missions atm. i dont like them as much as others
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Just wait until you go do the Bait and Switch mission in Trash Coast on Pt.2...
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 pm

That mission makes me so happy. If anyone wants, I'd love to tag along for a PT2 Bait and Switch.

Cobalt, I checked with Vash, he'd never seen that NPC you showed me in the Rust Commons, last night. Thanks a ton for that.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:18 pm

is that one fo the ones that gives you a random side mission? i know theres a couple throughout the game
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Not sure what you mean, B. I know you get it from the Middle of Nowhere Bounty board.

No problem, End. Really, I wouldn't have known about it if not for Ratchet, so credit goes to him.

Like I was saying to End last night, I'll probably shelve Borderlands for a while. Likely until the next DLC comes out. I've got a few games that need playing, and until there's more content to be had, I'd just be running around farming.
Oh, but I do plan to keep working on the Underdome, so if anyone needs a handy dandy sniper, then give me a call.
Other than that, I'll be waiting for the giant robots.
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top