Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Borderlands - Page 43 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:42 pm

yea. I am hoping zer0 can get some sort of speed boost while cloaked. but I do know he has a sword lunge attack, and he can throw kunai without breaking cloak, which is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Indeed. I'm looking forward to that myself.
It's just that speed running was my primary use for phasewalking. Laughing Probably wouldn't quite have been the case if I'd played her first, but danged if that's not the most handy thing about it to me.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

I played her first. didnt stop me from doing it all the freakin time. Such a great tool. any time your about to die you just hit that and your safe.

but the thing is I feel like the siren was supposed to be the stealthy class. but they changed her focus to elemental and control
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:16 pm

IIRC, she was originally supposed to be an old guy scientist. Shocked
But the decided to appeal to the female audience by offering a girl PC (and the male audience by making her look like she does, of course).

You can still play super stealthy if you want, to a degree. There's even a build that lets you regain your phasewalk meter while you're still in phasewalk so you can just stay phased, strike someone, and then go right back in. That's something of what how I expect Zero to play.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

only way you can go right back into phasewalk is if you have alll the right abilities and you get 3 kills right after coming out of it
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it does work. And it makes sense for it not to during boss fights where stealth is generally out the window.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:04 pm

phasewalk was never really about stealth. there is a difference between stealth and being invisible
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I just mainly had used Phasewalk to avoid damage when I was facing heavy fire Laughing
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm

yea phasewalk is used mostly for healing/invulnerability, and repositioning yourself.

though some use it and intentionally fall to their death to respawn with full health and not incurring any reconstruction penalty
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 am

I've been storming through this game the past couple of days in order to be ready when the sequel drops. This game had me sold within 2 days because I just love everything about it, the loot, rpg elements, open world, quests etc. I really like the mission style of this game, heaps of the side missions interest me (e.g find parts for a gun, kill a legendary beast etc.)and offer great rewards as incentives to do them, so I'm just doing every quest I come across Razz.

I now have 3 purple guns in my load-out and that elephant gun you get from Dahl Headland. I got the GOTY Edition but probably won't play the dlc straight after I've finished the main game. Will just jump straight into Borderlands 2 Very Happy= :D.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 am

Lol, wait till you get your first orange.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:22 am

Yea, can't wait !! Razz
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 pm

holy crap that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 am

Twas. Did you see the Live Action Tv Spot one yet? Can't find a good quality one but it looks well done.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:05 am

I need help !, I am two trophies away from the platinum, lvl 40 and 50, anyone here a very high level and can help me boost for around half an hour ?.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:00 am

I would have but I got rid off this game some time ago
Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands - Page 43 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:18 am

Hey guys hows it going, I haven't been on here in months! I could probably help you Mitchell, I think i still have all my maxed out players. I have been getting into the second game pretty heavily, had it forever but have not had a chance to play it much.

Edit: Actually, all I have left to get the game 100% done is the maxxi domes that take forever, anyone else want to jump in and give it a try?
Back to top Go down

Borderlands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top