Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Good times with everyone today. Met some new people. Got back up to level 17 in short order.
For a wonder, the games had hardly any noob tubers that I saw. Shocked Get out there while the getting's good, everyone!
It's safe to say where I'll be for the next week. Smile
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Awesome sauce Monkey!
How long is the double XP anyways??
WE WANT TO KNOW DAMMIT!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 811307
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:53 pm

If it's anything like the last time, then it should be until next week.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:59 pm

^Win, nuff said.
Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 pm

So now there's new maps?

I never got the other maps.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:01 pm

dont, your playlis will consist mostely of those maps, and they arent that good. salvage and crash are pretty good, crash is ok overgrown and bailout are just Mad

in other news. i DL`d the MOH beta today. its very BFBC 2 with a hint of MW2. its actually fun. noticed a few issues already, but thats to be expected
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm

I've been getting absolutely demolished in MW 2 for the past two weeks. I hope I get some volunteers for the training session soon. Spent a good 2 hours of watching a Novice Guide To MW 2 Multiplayer video series on youtube last night. Couldn't apply what I saw to my gameplay though so I'm pretty frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:36 pm

street i can show you the sniper spots Dingo showed me any time
i am not a great sniper so i can not offer much advice but some
of the spots do help get more kills
and read the thread i started on IW called help snipping some good class set up help there Wink
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 am

Thanks Wadey, I think I'll have to get in game with you so you can take me on a tour.

In other MW 2 news I got in game with Hoos and he showed me some pointers. So with the help of Deadly Marksman, Ratchet, Ray, Bamboofighter and a few others I set off in search of my first Nuke playing Sabotage. Too bad what Hoos showed me didn't click in Sad

Things went all around pretty badly and after about 6 attempts I had given up. Didn't even come close actually, best kill streak I had gotten was probably 6 (I was using Pave Low, Chopper Gunner and Nuke). I had tried my best to use the tactics the master had taught me but unfortunately things did not just want to succeed.

Sorry I wasted your time Hoos. pale
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:10 am

street mate don't be so negative you have only just picked up some tips
it will take some practice you be right mate keep at it Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 am

Fun games with Eve, Dj and Mory yesterday. Canadians be ganging up on me.
Still laughing at that sex doll in the house and the message that Eve sent me when I went on mic, "Are you speaking English?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:52 pm

LMFAO! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
i had so much fun yesterday!!!
that sex doll was so random !!!
i was looking at the ground doing my spinny thing and then i looked up and .... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?!?!?!?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
you know... i wish i had a capture card [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 pm

GGs today, everyone. Liam, Toxxy, Porky, Eve, Omega, and Dingo earlier. Always a blast.

My brothers and sisters, I have heard the Word. The voice of Lesus himself. And he said unto me, "Imma kill that Eve." after a particularly annoying headshot from the bushes on Rundown.
So sayeth the Lord.
Barmen.

I'm already back up to Level 30 and have an Anti-Air class set up again so as to be useful and not just sit inside dancing about with Eve while the Pavelows and Harriers are out. Laughing That was pretty funny though.
The Tar is working as a nice substitute ACR. It'll do until I can get my M-whatever rifle back at level 40. Then it's a nice cruise to 48 to get back my baby. I love you I've largely avoided the Red Dot and other sights, preferring instead to get accustomed to to relying on Iron Sights. Working well for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
GGs today, everyone. Liam, Toxxy, Porky, Eve, Omega, and Dingo earlier. Always a blast.

My brothers and sisters, I have heard the Word. The voice of Lesus himself. And he said unto me, "Imma kill that Eve." after a particularly annoying headshot from the bushes on Rundown.
So sayeth the Lord.
Barmen.

I'm already back up to Level 30 and have an Anti-Air class set up again so as to be useful and not just sit inside dancing about with Eve while the Pavelows and Harriers are out. Laughing That was pretty funny though.
The Tar is working as a nice substitute ACR. It'll do until I can get my M-whatever rifle back at level 40. Then it's a nice cruise to 48 to get back my baby. I love you I've largely avoided the Red Dot and other sights, preferring instead to get accustomed to to relying on Iron Sights. Working well for the most part.

One of these days I am gonna kill him so many times he's gonna be like... blah and... yeah. STOP KILLING ME SO MUCH!
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:25 pm

he did get a pretty epic kill against you in rundown liam Razz
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Now I thought the new map pack was free?

Turns out it costs another £11

This is feeling like a bit of a rip off now. Release the game for full price with a few maps, then charge the suckers extra to have the rest of the game. Do it in tiny increments to squeeze the most ammount of cash out of them you can...

Seriously, if they had been up front about it, who would have payed £85 for a game?

To quote Canon44 - F**K OFF!!
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Street, this is where you get in trouble. You can't just take the basic stuff that I showed you less than 24 hours ago and set your goal to get a nuke. You can't go from A to Z.

Right now, you should be working on the fundamentals. Set your kill streaks low and work on reaching attainable goals. I know you get frustrated but setting huge goals that require giant leaps of talent will only frustrate you more.

I thought of some more stuff that I can show you. Those include:

Anticipation
Map IQ
Having a plan
Controlling territory

COD isn't going anywhere. Black Ops is coming right after this one. So, take your time as you reinvent your game.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Hoos wrote:
COD isn't going anywhere. Black Ops is coming right after this one. So, take your time as you reinvent your game.

That's what worries me, after all the frustration I've had with MW 2 I'm leaning strongly towards the decision of just not buying Black Ops at all.

I know can't see improvement soon, but I don't see any improvement over the months of when I first started to play the game. Those sound like things that I really need to work on. When would you like to get in game and work on those things? After all I don't want you to waste more time.

I do have a lower goal right now, and that's to finish the Stealth Bomber challenge by calling in 25 total. Does that sound a bit more reasonable? Going after 9 kills instead of 25? Right now I've knocked my Kill Streaks back down to UAV, Care Package, Sentry gun. Maybe I'll have better luck with those set.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm

You have improved some from the beginning. I watched your early tape and you were a long way from being competitive. However, you didn't take the steps that you wanted to because you never built a foundation to improve off of.

That is what you need to do now. You need to work on your movement, improve your mental game, perfect 1 gun, and stay in FFA. Team games have a lot more variables in them. FFAs will give you the repetitions you need without having to worry about teammates all of that stuff. Watch some of Red's FFA vids. He's a lot more tactical than I am.

Stealth Bomber is fine as long as that is your top kill streak. Forget the UAV. Care package can be really nice but also a pain in FFAs. Go with Pred, Harrier, Stealth. Those are attainable goals but you have to work for them. When you chain those together you will see yourself near the top of the leaderboard.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:43 pm

I've tried the Pred, Harrier, Stealth chain before but I've had little success with it. I always have high streak rewards like that as my top. I'd be a fool to go in with Stealth, Chopper Gunner, EMP cuz getting the 5 kills is still difficult enough for me, let alone 9. Also it's cuz I don't play FFA. I usually do poorly, and have a pretty long running record of getting demolished in private FFA games. So I tend to stick away from that.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Great games today guys. I had a lot of fun, especially the game on estate where we all used the shield and WON. That game was a riot.

We need to do that again.
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:46 pm

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
I've tried the Pred, Harrier, Stealth chain before but I've had little success with it. I always have high streak rewards like that as my top. I'd be a fool to go in with Stealth, Chopper Gunner, EMP cuz getting the 5 kills is still difficult enough for me, let alone 9. Also it's cuz I don't play FFA. I usually do poorly, and have a pretty long running record of getting demolished in private FFA games. So I tend to stick away from that.

5-7-9 or 5-7-11 Killstreaks are usually pretty attainable, with the 5-7 being predator and harriers. Pick whatever you'd like for the last killstreak, Pavelow will get you hella lot more kills than Stealth Bomber though, normally.

When we played those customs the other weekend you wrecked me a bunch of times, especially on scrapyard. Don't be too hard on yourself, and have patience with KD, etc. When I switched to COD4 from RFOM my KD was around .7 or so till I hit about 10,000 kills. Hell I was happy when I got up to a 1.2...when I hit 115K kills I had a 1.53 or so, and a 2.1 on my FaT_SwEaTy_OpRaH account. Takes time, practice, and knowing the maps - playing on a good team really helps a lot too.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Im just going on record as saying it was I who plussed the hoos post.
I would plus them all but that's just as redundant as trying to get street to realize he is actually good at this game.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Street you need to listen to this video as it is what me gaming style is all about.