Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Alundra coming to PSN!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Alundra coming to PSN! Empty
PostSubject: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Picked up this bit of wonderful news from a gamefaqs board, which got it from here: Source.

If you make one PSN purchase this year, then make it this one. An amazing game all around. I think I praised it once in another thread, but I'm just about to play through again, so I'll be doing a full review afterword. Even before I do that though, I'll say that I cannot recommend this game highly enough.

Also mentioned in the article is Arc the Lad. I've never played that one, but have played one of its successors which I quite enjoyed. Might have to dl this one.
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:53 pm

What kinda game is it? What's it about? How much does it cost? Is it for the PSP? Does it support Infrustructure?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 am

Found my other post.

Spoiler:

It's a PS1 classic. Action, Adventure, Puzzles, etc. Game's got it all, with every bit in top form. As I said before, I'll put out the full review when I'm finished replaying though it again. Not out yet, so I can't tell you the cost. I'm betting $9.99 like the PS1 Final Fantasies. Don't know on the other two questions.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 am

Arc the lad is a PS2 innit? I have a game "Arc Twilight of the Spirits" but everytime I search for it it comes up as "Arc the Lad."
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

The original Arc the Lad was PS1, and I think one or more others of its series are PS1 as well. There are a couple PS2 AtLs, Twilight of the Spirits (which I have played and enjoyed) and End of Darkness (which I haven't).
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:48 am

I haven't the darkness one either...

So look out for Alundra then? On par with what?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:16 am

I'm about two thirds of the way through it again right now. Should be done with it and have a retro review up by tomorrow. You just wait there on the edge of your seat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:20 am

Okay dokey *Twiddles thumbs*
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Sorry this review is taking so long to get out. I had to put it on hold to work on my instruction manual for how to keep a noob in suspense. Razz
Nah, but seriously, it would've been done yesterday, but I had a really lousy day which required a bit of Assault Rifle Therapy.
Game should be finished today with the review out later this evening.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 pm

This is wonderful news. I loved Alundra, but had lost it, when I was younger, due to phasing out of consoles, and moving, and what not. It wasn't until I got a bit older, than I started to go back, and play games I grew up playing, and enjoying them again, so it'll nice to be able to pick this one back up.

I had the big Arc the Lad boxed set they put out, however many years ago, for the PS1 stuff, and really enjoyed it. I never did get to finish it, and I never got to play the PS2 one, but I did see it in action a few times. Pretty happy to hear about this one, too.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Glad to know that I'm not alone in my joy over this. lol
Feel free to critique my review when I post it. I always like to hear differing opinions. Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

So, it's come to this...
The dreaded TRIPLE POST!!!
Why, Lord, why? The thread was so young!
Movin' along...

Alundra and Arc the Lad are both out now on PSN.
For a mere pittance of $5.99! Worth it at twice the price, imho. Go get it!
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Oh my god I've only just found this thread.
Have just been to the store but it's not on there.
It wasn't just for America was it?
If so "gutted", I love Alundra. I still have it on PS1 but it would be great to have on the 3.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 pm

I know I have it downloaded already. Puzzled No word on a UK release.
Thinking
You can try making an American account to get it, but you'll need either a credit/debit card to put the funds on it, or to have someone in America buy a PSN card and send you the numbers from it.
Shrug
I'd volunteer to help, but I'm broke.

In the meantime, feel free to use the thread to chat about the game if you wish. Even if you just want to complain about the Roulette game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Aww don't remind me. I had a mental block when doing the games in the pub. The music room did my head in as well. Great game though. Might have to get it back off my nephew and have another go. How do you go about making an American account with a credit card?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Well, I haven't made an account outside of my own, so I'm not 100% on this one. But I'm pretty sure you just pick the option during account creation that you want it to be a US account. The credit card isn't required for making it. As for putting money into its account, it should work the same as you'd do it normally. I always use PSN cards, so I'm not sure of the specifics of using a credit card. I think it just requires the number and the amount you'd like to put in.
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 am

I have discovered that my PS3 will play certain PS1 games. Tried it last night with Harry Potter and it worked but the graphics were awful. Possibly because I was on HDMI. Soooo.... I'm going to get Alundra back and try it before I go down the route of making an American account.
Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 am

More power to you, Mel. Hope it works out for you. Extra accounts seem like a right pain in the neck. If it looks like you can dodge the hassle, then go for it.

But do keep in mind that it's not out of the question for your region to get it eventually. I'll try to keep an eye open for it too when I'm checking the NA releases. Smile
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 am

Just out of interest what are the graphics like on the download?
Also do you get the option to change your controller settings?
When i tried HP last night i couldn't use the analogue stick to move around so was just wondering if they've tinkered with it somewhat for the PS3?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Alundra coming to PSN!   Alundra coming to PSN! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 am

In truth, I had just played the game again when I found out it was being released on PSN, so I haven't fired it up yet on PS3. I bought it as a backup in case something did happen to my disc. However, from my experience with other PS1 classics on PS3, I can tell you the graphics will be exactly the same. In fact, the entire game will be identical to its previous form. That means any glitches, good or ill, will still be there. (I'm perfectly happy that they didn't take out FF7's item duplication trick. It's a real time saver.)
If the game did work with analogue sticks previously, then there is the option to turn them on by holding down the PS button, then going to Controller Options. Just like pressing the little Analogue button back in the day. You can't remap the buttons or anything though, unless the game itself presented you the option. Case in point, I'm playing Xenogears now and there is no option, but in FF8 there was an in game option to fiddle with them.
Back to top Go down

Alundra coming to PSN!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top