Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Battlefield 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

Battlefield 3 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:30 am

can you backup your profile data, delete the game data, and reinstall?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

Hmm... it only does it offline, eh?

Sounds a bit like some Steam game behaviour. /probably not the real reason Razz

I'd delete the game data and reinstall if you haven't already Dj. At least then you could say you tried it. You don't have to back up your profile data as that's under the Save data.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Has there been any announcement on increasing the player caps, both the vanilla maps and B2K are useless and boring in every other mode that isn't TDM, I did not pay 599 kr to play a walking simulator.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 am

id give up graphics for player count any day. if homefront was giving me 32 player maps that were as big as some of the bf maps with "lesser" graphics, dice can surely do it. i run into the "frostbite give us destruction derp derp derp" but unless its the karkand maps, i do not see it, or use it often.

im coming off of a serious rage because i lost connection to the match with almost 7000 base points with a 10,000 point medal that popped up. get booted and none of that match was saved to my profile...... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ran under my sheets and cried.

if i had a pc that could play anything current i would love to give this a go, and start utilizing the steam service.

to put a positive spin on things jolli, if someone asked you if you have excercised you could truthfully tell them that you sprinted across kilometers of desert with full combat kit on!
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 am

Hahaha lol Razz

just seeing the pc version and just wow! it has alot more action, I'm always positive Razz really like the game despite the player cap is a little low especailly after playing the 15 against 15 in homefront, its a small but noticable diffirence.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:04 pm

jolli-timer wrote:
Hahaha lol Razz

just seeing the pc version and just wow! it has alot more action, I'm always positive Razz really like the game despite the player cap is a little low especailly after playing the 15 against 15 in homefront, its a small but noticable diffirence.

16v16. Razz

Nothing can compare to the behemoth 256p/128p/96p/64p of MAG.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Can't say I was blown away by MAG. Sure, there seemed to be 256 players on a single map, but you seemed to be only playing with 1/4 of them at a time. If you can only interact with 63 other people (really) then you might as well just make the smaller maps with fewer people. To me MAG was proof that you could in fact have 256 players playing "together" in a single game but really it didn't add much to the experience.

And after R2 it didn't really sell me on "bigger is better" either. Just a cluster**** most of the time when you found yourself in a 60-player game. The smaller games weren't too bad.

I don't think we'll see any player increases for BF3, and if we did I wouldn't expect anything higher than 32 people on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 pm

r2 was too much. 16 on 16 still allows for you to have an identity on the playing field.

went up against a person last night who was 72-8. they were some kind of stealth zen assassin. he ( or she ) would appear out of shadow, nab 2-3 kills, then fade away as if they were a morning fog.

i was very impressed trying to go against that level of skill, and they were using a non shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Dmick024 wrote:
i was very impressed trying to go against that level of skill, and they were using a non shotgun.
Shocked

Not sure what to think of the 72-8 score since it seems like an awful lot of kills.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:14 pm

my mistake everyone! i double checked my battlelog and this person was 72-27, 12k raw score. in the heat of the moment my embelishment got the best of me Crying or Very sad

thankyou for keeping me on the straight and narrow azira. bounce

Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 pm

It was a Rush game too, which would also help explain the large number of kills. I find that Rush games generally allow for more kills than Conquest matches.

GGs Jollitimer. You saw me this time, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:44 am

getting back into rush, but it so frustrating to get squaddies to do anything other than run in a straight line to the objective.

they will never see us in this open desert.....pow!
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 am

Azira wrote:
It was a Rush game too, which would also help explain the large number of kills. I find that Rush games generally allow for more kills than Conquest matches.

GGs Jollitimer. You saw me this time, right? Razz
Yeah lol, Razz twa's good games Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 am

Dmick024 wrote:
getting back into rush, but it so frustrating to get squaddies to do anything other than run in a straight line to the objective.

they will never see us in this open desert.....pow!
Camouflage is overrated.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 am

Laughing

I'm a bit surprised I haven't dived into Rush as quickly as I thought I would. In BC2 both teams had the same boundaries, meaning the other team could come in and start camping on all of your spawns. It was really annoying since they had different boundaries in Rush and all they had to do was keep people out of the spawn the same way. So I started playing Rush pretty much exclusively.

I guess they learned from that and so in BF3 you can't run around enemy bases in Conquest. It makes the considerably more bearable if you can at least take a few steps and shots after spawning, instead of getting a shotgun to the face a second after you spawn.

As for Rush, you need a group of people who want to do the same thing before you can get anywhere. I tried nabbing the MCOM stations only to have three enemies sitting on top of it protecting it. Bringing some teammates into the equation gave enemies more people to shoot at, and that's helpful. Razz

I have a dirty confession to make: I arm MCOM stations, then put claymore mines around it. I'm so bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:40 pm

nothing more rewarding than getting the random kill from claymores! ive mortared the poop out of mcoms after we have armed, denying the other team the ability to disarm.

you can base camp the other team pretty bad on some maps in conquest. dav peak is pretty easy to, but the other team will always have the option to use the helicopter to drop onto your first flag.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Still tying to get used to the C4 keep blowing myself up Lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:30 pm

i want to be able to be a commando and take down tanks with c4 but im just too scared!
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Dmick all you need to do is check if there a gunner in the tank before doing anything. If there is no gunner you have a good chance of getting the C4 on the tank. Even if you get 2-3 satchels on the tank and die just wait till you spawn and select the C4 again and squeeze the trigger right away as your C4 will still be on the tank unless someone has picked them up off it (Which me has never seen done yet but have heard of it)
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:49 pm

C4 doesn't disappear if you die, AND you can set it off if you spawn? Do you have to be within a certain range for the C4?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm

UGHH not enjoying this game.... need to party up with some of you guys and make a kick ass squad or wait till I get a pc ..
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Azira wrote:
C4 doesn't disappear if you die, AND you can set it off if you spawn? Do you have to be within a certain range for the C4?
From me experience there is no range limit as me has detonated C4 in Metro after planting it at A and dieing then respawning at C and detonating it. If someone fires a rocket at a tank you placed C4 on it will destroy the C4 as well and you will not get any bonus for helping. People don't realise you can still detonate them after spawning so you don't really have to worry much if you kill someone who just planted some on your ride.

jolli-timer wrote:
UGHH not enjoying this game.... need to party up with some of you guys and make a kick ass squad or wait till I get a pc ..
If you see me on playing shoot an invite at me or try to join the game if you want BUT be warned if we end up on opposite teams there a tank out there waiting to go monster truck style over jeeps.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:56 am

jolli what times do you usually play?

dingo im.....im....im just too scared! please dont make meeeeeeeee!

i didnt check the karkand trophies so when i was on one of the levels i was getting shot at so i dived into a pool to let the other friendlies around me soak up some bullets. game freezes for 3 seconds and a trophy pops up. Twisted Evil everyone wins! except those who died valiantly for my cowardice swim!

something weird happened this morning. i jumped into a conquest game and i heard voices. people were actually talking! after a quick double check on the xmb bar to make sure i was indeed playing battlefield i had chanced upon a talkative squad! granted it was fuzzy communications but it was good.

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:15 am

Its actually very random the times I play, just anytime, dont know where you are from so there might be a time difference between us, dont nessecerally have a certain time or anything its just if i'm in the mood I play.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3   Battlefield 3 - Page 21 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I'd get in some games with you Jolli.. But my PS3 went for a swim... Battlefield 3 - Page 21 1931472354
Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top