Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

SOCOM 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 am

I have access to the beta due to my KZ 3 bundle purchase. But I just never was able to get into the socom series. I don't know why....
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Have you used it yet? If you haven't, any chance I could buy it from you?
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Open Beta is out this week, if not already, for SOCOM4. I've tried it out, and I wasn't overly impressed with the gameplay - campy as hell, hipfire is way too inaccurate....

Graphics look really nice, and I dunno maybe it would grow on me. The beta D/L took forever, but to anyone who is considering picking it up I'd highly recommend trying the beta first. I was sure I was going to get this, and after trying the beta - well not so much.

Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks for the info, Pineapple. I didn't know that the open beta was out already! I'll definetly be giving this a try in the near future. Smile
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Beta Download around 430 mb, patch 1.01 'round 35 mb and after the game starts, updates are around 1500 MB!!! what?!!!!Angry :angry: Takes forever just to get started. Better be worth the wait
@pineapple - Dude, have you played uncharted 2 multiplayer? If so how does it compare?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:59 am

I had given my code to a buddy at work. He has always been a SoCom freak.

Hey PE. I no see you in KZ3. Sad
I know you were a big fan of 2.
Or is that why I dont see you in kZ3? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:49 am

Yeah, I had to leave my PS3 on all night to finish all of the downloading. Mad I'll play it when I get home...
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Six wrote:
I had given my code to a buddy at work. He has always been a SoCom freak.

Hey PE. I no see you in KZ3. Sad
I know you were a big fan of 2.

Perhaps because...

>.>

<.<

KZ3 is a watered down KZ2. tongue Sad

This game looks like MAG got put into third person. Unfortunately it's nothing like MAG outside of that. Sad
Still fun-ish.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 am

Ok, well so far I have been thoroghly enjoying this game and have been doing very well at it too.

One of the biggest things that I like about it are that it's finally a new game which isn't trying to be COD! Which is a huge relief. Some other pros in my opinion:
I love the dual primary, it means you can't hide form me anywhere on the map and your not stuck with a situational weapon like a sniper which is only good in some situations and has severe weaknesses in others.
The classic mode is a good change, and means you can't complain about bad spawns or being spawn trapped. Hopefully it will convert a few more people to no respawn game modes which are a lot more tense, competitive and a good change of pace.
No killstreaks apart from an effectively useless 5 kill streak strike which dissapears if you die, which is a huge plus.
The range of different gamemodes which are both new and repuire team work are lot of fun.
The clan leaderboards and matchmaking system works very well and make the game much more competitive which I love.
The maps, at least all of two of them that we have access to are good, well balanced and have lots of different routes to take.

Some of the cons though:
The cover is a bit too good, someone can sit in it for an entire match, while the greandes aren't accurate or powerful enough to counter it.
The blindfire is very inconsistent, sometimes you can miss every shot while being within stabing distance.
Sometimes the spawns are glitched in classic and you don't spawn on time which can make a huge difference in a single spawning game like that.
No party system Sad although it is only a beta and this is obviously going to change for the retail.
When taking intel you have to stand... lame and you're super exposed.
When taking intel you can't check the scoreboard to see who is still alive, if you do it resets the download.

Today on suppression I got a 34 killstreak, absolutely owned the other team, and I'm now ranked 28th for longest kill streak on the beta, and there's at least 10 cheaters on there too. Although I am only managing to hold a 2.2 at the moment, but it's only a beta so I'm not that bothered about that sort of thing yet.

I have to say though I am definitely getting it, especially because it comes with the Resistance 3 beta!
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:27 am

"One of the biggest things that I like about it are that it's finally a new game which isn't trying to be COD!"

Heh, SOCOM hardcores would tell you the exact opposite. XD
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:13 am

So true, I have been reading over all of their whining on the Socom forums, I mean I personally have no idea if it's more cod like compared to previous Socom games, but all I do know for sure is that it's doing a better job of not being cod than Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 in my opinion. Which is more what I meant - a new game for me to play which isn't
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:54 pm

So did anyone else get this? Or am I alone?

I have platinumed the game now and I have to say that the single player is very short it took me 4 and a 1/4 hours to finish the first time around on the medium difficulty. But I'm not much of a single player player so that didn't bother me much.

The online is good fun I am finding so far, although it hasn't changed much from the beta so my previous post about the online is still relavent.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:09 pm

i have it
suck at it Sad
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:50 pm

From what I've seen and what I played in the beta this game isn't my cup of tea. It didn't get me interested like I thought that it would.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:16 am

My mind has completely changed today, before I was kind of meh... now I love it.

Today I got invited to a clan, I think that they were currently ranked about 30th I joined and we played about 4 hours of clan battles and we got up to 20th which was so fun and so competitive.

The game modes like bomb squad and uplink require so much team work to be able to pull off a win it's very satasfying.

I'm doing alright at it, holding about a 2.3kd which I would like to go up but good things take time, I find it's real hard to get a streak going and stay alive. I'm quite sure why either so I haven't fully got the hang of it yet.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

SOCOM 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOCOM 4   SOCOM 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:19 pm

I've seen the trailers and read a few reviews, and SOCOM 4 seems to be shaping up to be a fairly good game. I missed out on the beta, but I'm considering picking this up soon once I've got a bit of spare cash. What are your thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down

SOCOM 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top