Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Gears of War 3 Beta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

Nation Reputation : 0

Gears of War 3 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Didn't see a thread on this. Anyone playing this? I love this series and the beta makes me hungry for the 3rd. IT seems like perfection of Gears...I love it. Excited
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 pm

haven't played it yet. Might get it due to psn being down.
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:58 pm

It rivals anything that is full retail. It is what I want as a Gears player.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:00 am

SO like the U2 beta...haha
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:02 am

U2 was good, U3 should be great.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 am

I just started playing two days ago. Completed around 30 or so matches so far.

AND its awesome!!! cheers The best multiplayer of the series by a country mile and more. For one thing it actually works Laughing

But i am a total noob at this game, never really played MP on gow 1 and 2, so i have to start from scratch against some veteran gears, not enjoying being used as a practice dummy for all the execution moves in the game (at least i am getting to see all of them LOL)

So tom's Hair, you got the beta code?
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 am

Tom Brady's Hair wrote:
U2 was good, U3 should be great.

Cheers to that brother Gears of War 3 Beta 28124

Can't wait for jun 28th, as much as i like gears, Uncharted is my favorite game
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:16 am

Yeah, I have been playing so much, I need a break. Havnt online gamed like this in a few years..other then BC2. I was a vet in Gears 1, but Gears 2 online I didn't like, but this 3rd version is what I want! The maps are so well made. Try playing King of the Hill...it will help you practice. I don't like the Deathmatch mode. I want Execution and Warzone back. Deathmatch can be so unbalanced. The end of a match can be 11 respawns to 0 if one bad player or two is on the other team. Not good. They need to limit the number of individual deaths, not team deaths.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:27 am

Limiting the number of deaths for an individual is a great idea, especially on public matches, since most ppl are strangers anyway, so not much time to work as a team.

But keeping it as it is will be nice when playing as a team with a full party in ranked matches. You'll have to work as a team to protect your weaker players and target the enemies weaker players, could make for some intense matches.

Been playing only TD's so far, will give KOTH a go today. Thanks for the advice

Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:30 am

True about the teamwork aspect, I just dont have a group yet...been playing solo and that is tough.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:38 am

Add me to your friends list. XBL id s1d267. though i doubt we can play together often coz i live in india, our times wont match. Sometimes i play during the day times here so you never we might get in a coupla games.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am

neo267 wrote:
Add me to your friends list. XBL id s1d267. though i doubt we can play together often coz i live in india, our times wont match. Sometimes i play during the day times here so you never we might get in a coupla games.

Im usually on at all times of the day. I dont have the beta yet, but will probably get it tomorrow after work.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 am

Cool. Add me. c ya online Smile
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:32 pm

nobody wrote:
neo267 wrote:

Im usually on at all times of the day. I dont have the beta yet, but will probably get it tomorrow after work.

So, did u get the beta buddy?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 pm

went through gamestop.com instead, and they say 2-3 days for them to process it
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:45 am

Well I have the beta now. surprised im actually good at it. I was never any good at 1 or 2. After playing 2 matches of KoTH I have 71 kills and 29 deaths. (the last match I went 58 and 18)
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Got my 90 matches! Now I need 100 retro kills.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

nobody wrote:
Well I have the beta now. surprised im actually good at it. I was never any good at 1 or 2. After playing 2 matches of KoTH I have 71 kills and 29 deaths. (the last match I went 58 and 18)

AWESOME!! Clap
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:25 am

I like it, but there's too many Sawed Off faggots :/
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

Static-Star1 wrote:
I like it, but there's too many Sawed Off faggots :/

Hate to be that guy, but the sawed off is easy to defend. Don't get to close to the opponent and it won't kill you. It's part of the game, maybe nerf the spread but in terms of the effectiveness, it adds a new element to the strategy. Maybe make it a pick up weapon.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:41 am

That's the thing, GOW is a close quarters game. It's all about the shotties mostly. It sucks because maybe I wanna go get the sniper on Oldtown. I run around and start picking it up, then some dude who's hiding behind the pillar comes and rapes my face. It takes almost no skill to kill people with that gun. I like to get in close, most of the time I do go in when they're there in cover, but then BOOM Sawed Offed.

Another thing is when you down someone, you go to kill them, and then BAM sawed off in the back by some camper with a sawed offed. They should just remove the gun TBH. It doesn't belong in Gears in any way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
Tom Brady's Hair
First Nation
First Nation
Tom Brady's Hair

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:01 pm

I get what your saying. Gnasher is better for all. I wouldnt mind seeing the game get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:58 pm

i dont like the sawed off. gnasher is way better imo
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Yeah. I mean, I can see how it is easy to defend, when they start running to you, but say you know they're around a corner and you want to kill them thinking they have a Gnasher. You go around and "BAM" dead. I'm the close quarters kind of guy, so I do like to go around corners and shoot as my Gnasher skills are better than the average player, but the Sawed off completely eliminates any chances of killing him.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 Beta   Gears of War 3 Beta EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:04 pm

i get most of my gnasher kills through stealth. they dont see me coming. they are shooting at my team mates than BAM they have been "gnashed" to pieces
Back to top Go down

Gears of War 3 Beta

View previous topic View next topic Back to top