Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:53 pm

So yeah the first map pack is, flashback map pack #1 and contains four "new" favorites from Uc2 and one of them is sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks Jolli for helping me complete Borneo as my last crushing adventure map Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:25 pm

jolli-timer wrote:
So yeah the first map pack is, flashback map pack #1 and contains four "new" favorites from Uc2 and one of them is sanctuary.

Well at least sanctuary is coming back, was one of my favorite maps in U2, just hope that the spawn points are fixed lol
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:42 pm

I heard it was sanctuary in a jungle setting, ice caves without the ice, and the fort, with a 4th unknown one.

Also its flash back map pack #1 so that means there will likely be a 2nd. Flashback map. So we should get all the u2 maps back at one point.

And while I would really like to see some new maps, the u2 maps were all really good (just didn't like fort) and for the amount of effort it would take to do 1 fresh new map they can do a bunch of flashback maps, meaning we get a better variety of quality maps sooner then we would if they were totally new.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 pm

to be honest I prefer them the original way, the sanctuary in a jungle setting and the ice caves without the ice just wouldn't be the same
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:42 pm

well its like how the ruins are molten now

Honestly im surprised the museum hasn't changed at all
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Technically they changed the spawns a little bit, the villains and heroes now spawn opposite of each other, but other than that they did not do anything to it, same thing with the highrise, they just threw in a bunch of ziplines to it. The thing about the sanctuary is that its very hard to put a Buddhist monastery of that architectural style in the jungle, its very Tibetan/Nepal Buddhist architecture, just my view of course, to be honest I'm not that biggest fan of what they did to the Flooded (Molten) Ruins and the Facility
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 pm

nobody wrote:
I heard it was sanctuary in a jungle setting, ice caves without the ice, and the fort, with a 4th unknown one.

Also its flash back map pack #1 so that means there will likely be a 2nd. Flashback map. So we should get all the u2 maps back at one point.

And while I would really like to see some new maps, the u2 maps were all really good (just didn't like fort) and for the amount of effort it would take to do 1 fresh new map they can do a bunch of flashback maps, meaning we get a better variety of quality maps sooner then we would if they were totally new.

I have always thought the old UC2 maps would be fine as DLC content I realize a lot of players like them. I just wanted NEW mp maps to come with the new regular game. With first day sales of over 200 million dollars I dont think its to much to expect. Other games don't re-texure old maps for their new games and they have no problem getting out a lot of good new maps with every new edition.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 am

Reo wrote:
Thanks Jolli for helping me complete Borneo as my last crushing adventure map Very Happy= :D
no problem dude, congrats on the sexy star Very Happy= :D Razz
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:40 am

rrwatch wrote:
nobody wrote:

I have always thought the old UC2 maps would be fine as DLC content I realize a lot of players like them. I just wanted NEW mp maps to come with the new regular game. With first day sales of over 200 million dollars I dont think its to much to expect. Other games don't re-texure old maps for their new games and they have no problem getting out a lot of good new maps with every new edition.
So your saying none of the new maps are good... ?
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:00 pm

No, they actually arent that good, Syria is about the only good one, and I'd rather have ice cave or the fort than chateau and airstrip. Fort should be good with increased health, and now you dont have to worry about cornershooting BS. Hopefully they'll have a sniper on that map by default, instead of having to do a different game mode.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 pm

I don't think the Uncharted 3 maps are bad, I just find the ones from Uncharted 2 to be better.
I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I enjoyed the feeling of being in an arena in Uncharted 2.
This is why I disliked the Highrise and the Museum, they just felt too overdone; too much stuff and no real gameplay plan behind them.

I am enjoying the new maps a lot more now with the recent patch, but if ND will add a "DLC Maps only" option for matchmaking, I'll be sure to go for that asap if that means Uncharted 2 maps only.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:36 pm

@ jollitimer I'm not saying the old maps are bad or the new maps are better. I just wanted ND to provide us with new default maps for the new game. I don't want default "Flashback" maps sold to me as new unless its as DLC. I don't pay new prices for any other used product. Remember when that group put out a new album and instead of providing new music they just changed the words of half the songs from their last album?

@ Reo thats what I'm talking about give the players the choice of using the old maps or the new maps by making them DLC.

Over at the ND forum you can find players who hate one map or another from UC2, it may be the layout or just plain boredom from playing it for a few years. New players are saying wtf I'm getting owned on a new game because UC2 veterans know these maps like the back of their hands.Learning curves on a new game's maps should be based on the amount of time and effort you put into learning them....... not on whether you bought the last game of the series. If people think the new default maps suck then its up to ND to provide better ones with their new games. I got MW3 and BW3 with all new maps sitting under my Christmas tree I haven't put up yet. They didn't seem to have any problems designing ALL new maps for their latest series offerings. I'm not saying they are better games I just think they did right by their fans by not recycling old maps. I bet the UC3 mp population is going to dwindle a lot quicker than UC2 population did once people start getting bored out of their minds or getting owned for no reason other than not playing the old game.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Watch, I have to be honest with you but I think in most cases the MP community on games declines after a 5-7 month period, with Uncharted 2 I think it went like 7 or 8 months but hopefully you get my point, and to be honest I am basically neutral when it comes to the maps, I can never get tired of the classic Uncharted 2 MP maps, Sanctuary, Plaza, Village, Temple, and Fort, if they put them into EVERY other game on the planet I would be totally happy with that, of course I am just being ridiculous by saying that

In single player news, I beat the game on crushing today, maybe I'll work on the platinum trophy after awhile, but I see little benefit in obtaining, do not think that there is a prize for getting it like there was in Uncharted 2
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:47 pm

MMMMMMM... the FAL-SS, I want to marry it... Razz 7
I enjoy the shit out of the uncharted 2 maps, in my case i feel like the change from U2 to U3 is like going from Mw2 to Mw3. In regards to the map's that is. Most of them are smaller and cramped than the one in U2 which kinda pissed me off, so I welcome the old maps, especially the village and ice cave "Me Gusta"
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:51 pm

It sure is a good weapon, but I prefer the M9, I just hate having to press a button again and again, but to be honest I feel as if this FAL is just a copy of the FAL from MW2
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 pm

I like the feeling of controll being able fira as fast as you want and all that good stuff, but yeah the M9 is beast, (Man am i tired of hearing that COD argument) and the FAL being a copy of that FAL in MW2, Cod didnt estaplish everything about every gun in every game in existance.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 pm

yeah, MW2 was just the first game I played that the FAL was a single shot, I sort of preferred it the way it was in U2, with the three-fire burst, personally I think that they could have kept that, just make the FAL an improved version of the G-MAL, and also I know that CoD doesn't establish everything about a gun, to be honest I hate what CoD does with guns because they get their guns wrong sometimes and people who think that they know a lot about guns just because they play CoD just pisses me off
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Now I just feel bad Crying or Very sad , don't know though seeing how well the G-MAL faired I think they made the right decision making it single burst.
If they kept rapid fire as an attachment then maybe but right now the one second (for lack of a better word) lag between burst's makes the G-MAL an unusable gun.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 pm

jolli-timer wrote:
MMMMMMM... the FAL-SS, I want to marry it... Razz 7
I enjoy the shit out of the uncharted 2 maps, in my case i feel like the change from U2 to U3 is like going from Mw2 to Mw3. In regards to the map's that is. Most of them are smaller and cramped than the one in U2 which kinda pissed me off, so I welcome the old maps, especially the village and ice cave "Me Gusta"

Wow I always thought of the Ice Cave and Village as smallish maps. You could toss a grenade across almost to the initial spawn points on both. Now train wreck was a pretty big map imho. Hey all you guys I hope you know I love ya and Uncharted ! I hate being such a big A-hole about the maps. I'll shut up about it now 'cause I've already harped on it 10 times too much. I promise.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:50 pm

@Jolli To be honest I have not noticed that, what I have noticed is that if ND reduced the recoil for the Kal-7 while aimed maybe we would have fewer blindfire whores using that gun, I don't want to be one of them but since the recoil makes the gun unusable while aimed I can't do any of the Kal-7 missions

@watch To be honest man I only found the Ice Cave to be a small map, it was very cramped and made it very hard to camp, which really hurt the campers in the U2 world, at least the Village gave the FAL guys the ability to just chill in the back picking the guys who didn't know the map too well/did not know how to use their camera with ease
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:00 pm

I personally am a bit annoyed that they dont have the GAU anymore. I used to love spamming that thing on the plaza and the village.
Waddle up to a high vantage point and go all Al Pacino on everyone.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 pm

I sort of hated encountering that, there are people who do the same thing with the Pak 80 now, almost as annoying but they freaking blindfire it, at least you had to aim the GAU in U2, but this is just stupid, benefiting people with no skill, just pressing R1, well I think I do not need to go any further, how many times has this point been reiterated?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:01 am

Yeah wished that the KAL-7 was like it is in the campaign, A better alternative to the AK-47.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:13 am

wolf_cub61 wrote:
I personally am a bit annoyed that they dont have the GAU anymore. I used to love spamming that thing on the plaza and the village.
Waddle up to a high vantage point and go all Al Pacino on everyone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Continued!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top