Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dungeon Defenders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Axis Game Day: Dungeon Defenders    Dungeon Defenders EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:22 pm

This is a PSN title. It's kind of hard to explain what it is as it incorporates so many genre's elements.
Here's a dev video giving the general idea of it.

The game is $14.99 on PSN.

I've played the PC version at a friend's and found it quite fun. If it looks interesting to you, then let me know here. I'd like to aim for this upcoming Sunday to get a game in.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:18 pm

when i checked on PSN it was only $4.99 scratch i may dbl check that one i think!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

There's an expansion for it that's $3.99.

But the game itself reads as $14.99. Downloading it now.

I know the PC version is sometimes on sale on Steam for as cheap as $5. Sure wish Sony's PSN would follow Valve's lead on that. Not likely though.

If Sunday's no good for you, then I am open to trying later days. I'm most available through the week anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:44 pm

I have the demo !!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm not sure how much of the game you can get in just the demo, but if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.
My experience so far consists of having a level 19 Apprentice. (The max level is 70, btw.) And having seen how my friends have played this as well on PC.
In fact, I'll go ahead and throw out what I know for anyone who might be interested. The vid at the top should explain most of the basic premise of the game and how it works. I'll just cover what I've learned so far.

There are two main directions to take your character regardless of which type. What you choose to specialize in will determine the best way for you to approach the levels.

Hero Spec
Putting points in the skills that directly increase the abilities of your character. Things like improved damage, health, speed, or build time (for faster construction or repairs). Doing this can make you a capable fighter to directly attack enemies.

Tower Spec
Putting points in the skills that increase the effectiveness of your defenses. These skills will make your towers more durable, attack faster, do more damage, or have a wider range of effects. The better your towers, the more enemies they can handle without you having to babysit them.

You'll want a measure of both of these no matter which way you take your character, of course. Even a powerful fighter can't be everywhere at once, and a defender with no fighting ability can't handle a sudden breach or some powerful enemies. Just don't spread your stats too thin trying to be a jack of all trades. They really don't work.

Your equipment can also make a big difference. My Apprentice is Tower Spec, but has a really good staff for his level, so he can do some decent damage on his own. Nothing compared to his defenses, but enough to handle a number of enemies for now.

Some characters are better suited for some areas than others. I recommend playing online with friends if possible.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Got the game and all me can say is Stupid ogres trashing the place.
Squire here and he holds his own too easily. Choke points for him are just not fun since enemies die too fast
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Yeah, I've heard Squire's are a bit unbalanced either way they go. Those slice and dice turrets of theirs are just wrong. Laughing

What level are you?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Think Squire is 13 and apprentice is 7.

Squire gets way too powerful towers to start off with and the other characters struggle till they rank up a fair bit to get around the same power level as the squire

Raining goblins is me fav challenge and me has only made it to wave 3 by meself.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:23 pm

So what type of content is in the full version ? , It's pretty cheap on the NZ PSN store Smile .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Um...all of it? Laughing
I think the "demo" is just the game, but you can only play it for a certain amount of time. I could be wrong.

Dingo wrote:
Think Squire is 13 and apprentice is 7.

Squire gets way too powerful towers to start off with and the other characters struggle till they rank up a fair bit to get around the same power level as the squire

Raining goblins is me fav challenge and me has only made it to wave 3 by meself.

I'll be happy to help if you need it. Smile I've seen that done. It involves a lot of the bumper type towers and a lot of personal fighting.
Any particular time you're free?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Me normally does not play during week due to work crud. Weekends me be on and trying to kill me some goblins via bouncing them into fire.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Then I imagine I've missed you for today already. It's probably Monday there by now.

Care to try for next Saturday to set up a game?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Idk time differences well so its more of a if me sees you online me will join you.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Well, come next weekend post up when you're about to get on and I'll do the same. Maybe we can meet up. Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

im down for that too.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm

More people means more dead goblins. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm

The Demo has only the first challenge and campaign level available ( forge one ) . Polished it off and was pleasently surprised how much I like the gameplay for it . Even on my own I was having a lot of fun . Building the towers , attacking with my apprentice , how quickly the amount of enemies builds up , good difficulty , very deep . I am seriously considering getting the full version once I get my payday for my job and once I have finished Skyrim , RAGE and Dead Space 1 Smile .

I am having a bit of trouble understanding the RPG elements . So many complex menus and stats . Anyone , give my a rundown on the basics to understanding this and tips please ? Wink . Also , in the full version I'm guessing there are different arenas and challenges ? . What does the replay value come in the form of ? . Thanks in advance Smile .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:22 pm

ive spent over 150 hours playinforg this. so a lot.

there are a dozen or so levels, and a challenge for each level

edit, sorry to answer your questions properly. the replay comes from beating the levels on various difficulties and eventually on insane and doing them multipletimes trying to get good loot or stuff to sell to get more mana. as well as doing the challenges for the items they give you. basically its all about the loot.

as for the rpg elements not sure exactly what your unclear on. 4 stats are dedicated to your character and 4 to your tower. they are all pretty self explainatory, but as to which you should focus on depends on your class
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 pm

nobody wrote:
ive spent over 150 hours playinforg this. so a lot.

there are a dozen or so levels, and a challenge for each level

edit, sorry to answer your questions properly. the replay comes from beating the levels on various difficulties and eventually on insane and doing them multipletimes trying to get good loot or stuff to sell to get more mana. as well as doing the challenges for the items they give you. basically its all about the loot.

as for the rpg elements not sure exactly what your unclear on. 4 stats are dedicated to your character and 4 to your tower. they are all pretty self explainatory, but as to which you should focus on depends on your class

I meant , like how the weapons work , what do the icons mean ?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:22 pm

I think it's more the matter of the user interface. For example, to find out what an item does you have to go into Hero Info, select the item, then find the individual effect (or to the Item Box, then the item, then the effect). Some of which are simple enough, being as they just add to your basic skills (the 4 character, 4 tower like you mentioned). But then you have others that add elemental damage types, increase your number of projectiles, etc. Things you won't be familiar with just to look at. Until you learn how and where to go look at them to see what they do it could be confusing, and the game doesn't do much to tell you how to find out. I think the game might have benefited from a cheat sheet you could use to get familiar with them.
Oh, it all becomes second nature soon enough, of course. But it's just not very newb friendly.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:20 am

That's kind of what the problem is lol , the amount of menus,stats etc is a bit overwhelming at first .
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm

i believe this game is on special price now on the PSN!
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm

its free on andriod
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:16 am

Finish campaign on easy *Slow dingo slow* lvl 32 alas.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Dungeon Defenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Defenders   Dungeon Defenders EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:12 am

I'm on the Endless Spires level on Medium. Level 25
Back to top Go down

Dungeon Defenders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top