Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
xRealm
Third Nation
xRealm

Nation Reputation : 4

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 4:40 pm

eve wrote:
Silly question... Does "Surprise Attack" work with forerunner/ Is the mod in the game or disabled atm?

Side: Forerunner slaps in Trials.

yes

all sidearm mods work with forerunner (unless disabled duh)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 12:22 am

My thanks go out to our own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for taking the time and patience to hang with my noobery through Master Grasp of Avarice today, with special credit to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for coming in at the end to save us from ourselves. Couldn't have done it without either of you.

I've still got a laundry list to get through in the run up to Witch Queen, and am happy to return the favor for anyone who needs it.  
Just a few things to throw out for interest.  

2-4 player Dares of Eternity (Legendary)  
This one's gonna be tough, I think.  
Guess I'll also need to go through it up to 6 player Legendary, once in each 3 week cycle of what boss is on offer to make sure we get all the challenge rounds on Legendary.

Speaking of, there's also one run of Astral Alignment (Legendary). Got to finish off that Realmwalker seal, as that's a sweet title. (Thanks again to eve for a stellar Shattered Realm speedrun today!) Incidentally, if anyone still needs to go for the "No one die" the "10 minute speedrun" and the "everyone installs a battery" challenges...me too. Matchmaking has not been kind.

Two more Master Lost sectors to go for me, Europa and Dreaming City. Easy enough to do, but backup is always welcome. If you're needing one for Tangled Shore, The Empty Tank is the only one in rotation, and it'll come round again next Monday, Dec 27! For that and other Lost Sector needs, consult this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the more casual side, I've still got a lot of Gambit to get ground out, and misery sure does love company! Laughing

Anyone else got goals they need met? I'm here to help! Also bored and stir-crazy from quarantine! tongue
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 6:00 am

The legend 2-4 player run isn't actually that bad. I did it with 3 randoms. Just be sure that you close your fireteam once you have started as apparently, if people leave for whatever reason and others join, they count as additional players, so if you had 4, 1 leaves and someone joins, that will count as 5 total.

I need master lost sectors at some point but not too worried as I can't complete the whole triumphs list on that 1, can only make 27.
I've also got the horrific Gambit task to do too. This week is good to try and finish it as it's x3 xp on it I think. I think have have 3 more ranks to hit.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:00 pm

Porky wrote:
The legend 2-4 player run isn't actually that bad. I did it with 3 randoms. Just be sure that you close your fireteam once you have started as apparently, if people leave for whatever reason and others join, they count as additional players, so if you had 4, 1 leaves and someone joins, that will count as 5 total.

I need master lost sectors at some point but not too worried as I can't complete the whole triumphs list on that 1, can only make 27.
I've also got the horrific Gambit task to do too. This week is good to try and finish it as it's x3 xp on it I think. I think have have 3 more ranks to hit.  Rolling Eyes

Did someone say Gambit?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 3:16 pm

They did!
But then Bungie said, "Hey, how about we just crash your game completely every time you try to play a match?" Neutral
According to them, it is being worked on, but it won't be fixed before New Years. So, any gambit plans are on hold until then.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:17 am

So, I go to super this Primeval, and he's just like, "nope" and I ghost right through him.

Shrug
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:00 am

Gambo is so broken since cross play. I turn it off now when I can, takes longer to find games but it's not half as bad.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 6:53 am

We got lucky yesterday or day before. I did have one crash but beans I managed three for the Pinnacle.
It's sad. Such a great mode and it's just a broken mess.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:45 am

I need to try turning off crossplay and see if that improves it. I did have more luck playing later at night, I think, with lower traffic. Still crashed out though.

Next week is extra Vanguard ranks, so I'll be sticking mostly to the Strike playlist. Need one more reset in both Vanguard and Gambit. 51 days to go until WQ, so not a huge rush.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 3:05 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
I need to try turning off crossplay and see if that improves it. I did have more luck playing later at night, I think, with lower traffic. Still crashed out though.

Next week is extra Vanguard ranks, so I'll be sticking mostly to the Strike playlist. Need one more reset in both Vanguard and Gambit. 51 days to go until WQ, so not a huge rush.

It made no difference for us. In fact I was testing that. My crash occurred with cross play off. Seeing no difference I put it back on.

At this point I am just chasing about 20 seasonal challenges not done. Most are still associated to SR or Astral alignment. Still have a legend list sector and shattered realm. Finally clinched my Trials one this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 9:44 pm

I'll be running Strikes all week to clean up my Ascendancy ornament for that. Then I'll just need the Gambit ornament.  

Porks, I got in an LFG for my last Legend DoE run before work this morning. Quick and painless, even just with 4. We'll clean it up for you (and anyone else who needs it) as soon as you're about. Smile

Oh! I was excited Monday and want to share. I was bored of DoE, tired of risking Gambit crashes, and I was annoyingly wide awake late at night after an unexpected nap in the evening. With reasoning boiling down to, "eh, why not?" I jumped into Trials while it was in Freelance mode, so no premade teams. Immediately destroyed in the first match, 5-2. Laughing So, I reset my card since the Mercy was basically wasted.  
Second match comes up. 5-3 loss.  
Things were not looking up. I didn't even bother to reset.  
Suddenly, a string of wins. Shocked  
Shocked Shocked

I couldn't believe it. I never thought I'd get to see the Lighthouse, but through the magic of Freelance mode leveling the playing field, I have. If you're going for round wins in the future, definitely recommend weeks where they offer Freelance, and hopefully it becomes a constant option.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 6:39 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
I'll be running Strikes all week to clean up my Ascendancy ornament for that. Then I'll just need the Gambit ornament.  

Porks, I got in an LFG for my last Legend DoE run before work this morning. Quick and painless, even just with 4. We'll clean it up for you (and anyone else who needs it) as soon as you're about. Smile

Oh! I was excited Monday and want to share. I was bored of DoE, tired of risking Gambit crashes, and I was annoyingly wide awake late at night after an unexpected nap in the evening. With reasoning boiling down to, "eh, why not?" I jumped into Trials while it was in Freelance mode, so no premade teams. Immediately destroyed in the first match, 5-2. Laughing So, I reset my card since the Mercy was basically wasted.  
Second match comes up. 5-3 loss.  
Things were not looking up. I didn't even bother to reset.  
Suddenly, a string of wins. Shocked  
Shocked Shocked

I couldn't believe it. I never thought I'd get to see the Lighthouse, but through the magic of Freelance mode leveling the playing field, I have. If you're going for round wins in the future, definitely recommend weeks where they offer Freelance, and hopefully it becomes a constant option.

I enjoyed freelance. Not nearly as cumbersome. I only played until I got the challenge so no lighthouse for me. Should have pressed it
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 10:43 am

SixHousePull wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:

It made no difference for us. In fact I was testing that. My crash occurred with cross play off. Seeing no difference I put it back on.

At this point I am just chasing about 20 seasonal challenges not done. Most are still associated to SR or Astral alignment. Still have a legend list sector and shattered realm. Finally clinched my Trials one this past weekend.

Turning cross play off hasn't fixed the crashes, but it does fix the terrible lag. No more getting killed by invisible supers, baddies that get killed, then get back up etc. It's like playing a different Gambo altogether, least me for it is. It makes it only very slightly bearable now.  Smile

Noice work on the lighthouse Monks. What actually happens when you get there? Some extra goodies?  Shrug

So it's mines this week then? Am down for LFG for it if you are about.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 pm

Yup. Mines in the second encounter. I'll try to be on early before work in the morning and catch you then. We'll knock that out easy as pie. Cool

When you get to the Lighthouse, Saint is there waiting to give you inspirational speeches and/or hugs. Also special versions of the Trials weapons called [Gun name] (Adept), ie. Igneous Hammer (Adept).
Most importantly, they glow. Somewhat less importantly, they have an extra mod slot that accepts Adept mods, which also drop from the Lighthouse and Grandmaster Nightfalls (Master Raid/Dungeon maybe?). Most of them just give a small bump to your weapon's stats. For instance, mine that dropped was Adept Handling. There are also some Adept versions of other mods too, like Adept Big Ones which is like having an extra Boss Spec on, or so I understand.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 pm

Here you go, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:25 pm

Ah, I see. Stoked it ended up working out! Thanks for the run.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 10:08 pm

Likewise. And assuming that checkpoint held through reset and the patch, we need to finish off that master GoA with Tapes sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 12:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have you got your gally yet?
Back to top Go down
LocutusOfTeddy
First Nation
First Nation
LocutusOfTeddy

Nation Reputation : 3

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Porky wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have you got your gally yet?

Sadly I haven’t…hoping to get it soon-ish
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 pm

Feel free to ask for any needed help if you see me on.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 12:56 am

LocutusOfTeddy wrote:
Porky wrote:

Sadly I haven’t…hoping to get it soon-ish

Operation save a teddy is on. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 4:51 am

Got me gally. 😎
Back to top Go down
LocutusOfTeddy
First Nation
First Nation
LocutusOfTeddy

Nation Reputation : 3

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 8:08 am

I I love you Operation Save a Teddy
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 12:14 pm

Celly wrote:
Got me gally. 😎
Winzzzzzzzzzzz  cheers

LocutusOfTeddy wrote:
I I love you Operation Save a Teddy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Smile
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 4:58 am

Was able to play Gambit last night without crashing. That made me happy.
Back to top Go down

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Back to top