Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you want a reward system?
Yes, like the crawlers/Infected we had in MyRes1
The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_lcap40%The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Yes, like the Kudos system of the PSF
The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_lcap5%The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Yes, but I don't know what kind
The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_lcap30%The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
No, no reward system is needed
The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_lcap25%The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system Empty
PostSubject: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Hello everyone!!

As you might have noticed or read in another posts, we have a new button where "quote" and "edit" are. This new button has some exclamation marks, and it's the report/nominate button.

This button should be used for:

- Nominate useful / helpful posts
- Nominate posts that you think that make this community better, whether it's a funny post, a welcoming post or a nice post in general.
- Report abuse: posts that are against the rules of this forum. Please read the rules if you have doubts.

This button should NOT be used for:

- Ask to lock threads, change the title of a thread, add polls, move threads, etc.. This should be done by PMing a mod/admin, or posting a reply requesting it.
- Check "what does this button do?"... It's ok if you do it once, everyone is curious... but please do not play with it.
- Nominate or report your own posts.

Please explain in the report box why you think that post deserves a nomination or the reasons why you are reporting it for abuse.

Some of us have experienced the reward system of other forums, and we feel that it is a great way to improve the community and promote good posters. We would like to know what you think about it. The points system is still valid, this will only complement it. The point system works taking into account the number of posts, and it reflects how much a member is contributing to the community, by just being here and talking to people. The reward system will reflect how useful/outstanding the user is. You decide who those users are, by using the nominate button.

• Would you like to have a reward system?
  • How do you think this should work?
  • Would you like us to create a new cathegory for members that have reached certain limit of oustanding posts?
  • Would you like us to reflect this with an icon in the profiles?
  • What do you think these outstanding users should have as a reward? Their own private chat area? Their own gaming area? Some function within the community?
  • What else do you think that can promote good posting and good behaviour?

We hope to get feedback from as many of you as we can. As soon as we know what you want and what you would like to see here, we will be working on it. For now on, you can keep using this nominate/report button as stated above.

Thank you!!!
Wink
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:28 pm

yes we want a reward system
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 pm

-Dj- wrote:

Have you also voted in the poll above Dj? Smile
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Seyelback wrote:
-Dj- wrote:

Have you also voted in the poll above Dj? Smile
yes i do
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 am

ok Seyel yes to all the questions that require it Laughing and how should it work? Same way as the myres system worked unless we're against it for reasons unbeknownst to me...(yes I spellchecked that one) tongue ...and what else do I think would promote this? have a featured member of the week/month with a fitting attachment to their sig...it's just an eyecatching visual that would appeal to those who would strive to have it.

I sort of forget how the crawlers worked in the old myres but I think you could get them for being funny, witty, having intelligent input, or helpful....for those who know feels free to correct me
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:35 am

You're feedback, Ms. Seyelback:
Would you like to have a reward system?
I've never had any experience with a reward system or any such, but I'm all in favor of having extra features for the site.
How do you think this should work?
My inexperience leaves me at a loss as to what kind of system would serve best. Sorry I can't do better than that.
Would you like us to create a new category for members that have reached certain limit of outstanding posts?
This might be nice. Or maybe have it contribute to their overall points in some way. A point per post, but several for quality posts. Nine's sig idea isn't bad either.
Would you like us to reflect this with an icon in the profiles?
Sure, why not?
What do you think these outstanding users should have as a reward? Their own private chat area? Their own gaming area? Some function within the community?
Giving function in the community is nice. The question is what? Something small, certainly. Maybe have their nominations weigh a little more. For example, if people who are nominated enough do get put into their own category, then have their nominations count more for bringing others into that category.
What else do you think that can promote good posting and good behavior?
Implanted cranial bomb with remote detonator. Works every time. tongue :grenade:
Seriously though, I got nothin' at the moment. But if a thought does occur I'll be sure to let you know.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:52 am

I'm conflicted about the reward system.I love to nominate post so that the really kick a$$ ones aren't over looked as I seen so many did on Myres.
HOWEVER I have seen many reward hungry people go out of their way to be anything but authentic just to get a crawler ( Myres reward system) And I have said this before I don't believe you should be rewarded for helping someone OR for acting like a decent human being with some sense on a gaming forum.
Anyone who can me see this in another perspective I'm all ears..but for now I feel it will tank because of what I seen on Myres.

People who are only acting in intrest to help someone or musters up the little wittiness he/she has to make a half a$$ decent post,gets a number of his friends to nominate = A kabillion crawlers

VS

Someone like Liam for an example who always can be counted on,funny post that has made me laugh on my bad days and knows when to makes sense of things in a serious matter.
=just a handful of crawlers & not being noticed like he desreves.
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:35 am

lol you know what sucks is that we're all friends here and how can we not nominate eachothers posts? Eventually everyone of us wil be "infected" depending on how much traffic these forums are gonna get
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:38 am

Cel wrote:
I'm conflicted about the reward system.I love to nominate post so that the really kick a$$ ones aren't over looked as I seen so many did on Myres.
HOWEVER I have seen many reward hungry people go out of their way to be anything but authentic just to get a crawler ( Myres reward system) And I have said this before I don't believe you should be rewarded for helping someone OR for acting like a decent human being with some sense on a gaming forum.
Anyone who can me see this in another perspective I'm all ears..but for now I feel it will tank because of what I seen on Myres.

People who are only acting in intrest to help someone or musters up the little wittiness he/she has to make a half a$$ decent post,gets a number of his friends to nominate = A kabillion crawlers

VS

Someone like Liam for an example who always can be counted on,funny post that has made me laugh on my bad days and knows when to makes sense of things in a serious matter.
=just a handful of crawlers & not being noticed like he desreves.

What do you think we should do with those nominations then? I understand what you say, and I remember that several people at MR1 were against the crawler system because of crawler hungry posters. Althought many people was aware of who was legitimate, and who was hungry, I am sure loads of people can hide their real intentions. What do you think we could do so outstanding posters get some kind of recognizion? Maybe a member of the month award instead? Something that does not change your status in the forum, but could be a nice way to recognize them?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:00 am

I look at this situation as a catch 22 really.
The idea behind it is to not only spotlight those who help in the community, or those who help make it grow, but has an underlying purpose of also drawing people into the forum in the first place. Its just been in my experience, users like this kind of thing. If having a system like this is what may bring a few more users in and keep them around...Im all for it.
At the same time, a system like this only works if the user base is already pretty high. We are just under 100 users. Some of those, are not even active users. On a good day, we have about 35-40 users actually sign in and contribute here. This leads me to think that atm, its just not needed. It would be much like Nine said. So what to do what to do?
As I want this place to be shaped and molded around all you guys who do come here, I thought we'd put the ball in your court. Get some ideas...etc. This is something I would like to see us have. The whos, hows, whens, and wheres are what escape me now.

Quote :
What do you think these outstanding users should have as a reward? Their own private chat area? Their own gaming area? Some function within the community?
Giving function in the community is nice. The question is what? Something small, certainly. Maybe have their nominations weigh a little more. For example, if people who are nominated enough do get put into their own category, then have their nominations count more for bringing others into that category.

This is a good idea monkey. Thinking outside the box. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:23 am

No no no no no no no no no no no. Seriously, this is a bad idea; you shouldn't need some sort of reward for doing what you're supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:39 am

Enorag wrote:
No no no no no no no no no no no. Seriously, this is a bad idea; you shouldn't need some sort of reward for doing what you're supposed to do.

I agree with this statement 100% and have said similar things on another past (R.I.P) forum.

Looking at it through the eyes of an admin to the forum, its my way of thanking those who have been supportive of this place.
For me, its not..atta boy here's a dog biscuit for good behavior.
Its, thank you for seeing the vision, and trying to help get us there.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:48 am

And that's the reason for the poll and the thread, to listen what you have to say.

As we have a button for reporting good and bad posts, it would be nice to reward somehow those users who consistenly help the community. It could be a funny post / conversation, a helpful post, a guide, a constant contribution to certain threads (like the music or graphic threads), etc.

If you think we should not have a different cathegory for those users, you might come up with another idea which could suit this place better, as a Member of The Month award, with a special sig; or something similar.

You decide, so keep the ideas coming! Smile

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:01 am

SixHousePull wrote:
Enorag wrote:

I agree with this statement 100% and have said similar things on another past (R.I.P) forum.

Looking at it through the eyes of an admin to the forum, its my way of thanking those who have been supportive of this place.
You tell us all the time how much you appreciate us being and contribute to this place.To me thats my reward.The fact I know what it means to you (Besides I LOVE THIS PLACE) is more then enough for me.. IDK I'm a bit mushy atm so my apologies. Laughing Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:10 am

Mushy is good.

Everyone here knows my feelings toward community. I don't think it can be questioned.
Me, Im not trying to build a house here. I'm trying to build an effing city.
That comes from the work done not just behind the scenes, but out in that community.
A forum is useless if no one logs into it. I say thank you a lot, because I mean it. There are hundreds of forums out there just like this one. It means a great deal to me that I have the numbers I have here. I appriciate every last member.
Hey, even I know nothing lasts forever. But my hope is to create something here that outlasts all our gaming careers.
In three months I have done a lot of thought, planning, button pushing..etc. This place had little life until the numbers in users increased. The members of the community are the ones who give it life. Thays something I cant do on my own. And I owe it to everyone here.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system   The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:11 am

SixHousePull wrote:
Enorag wrote:

Don't worry, I think we are all grateful here for everything you've done here Smile
Personally I think it's you who should be rewarded <3
(No homo)

Seyelback wrote:
And that's the reason for the poll and the thread, to listen what you have to say.

As we have a button for reporting good and bad posts, it would be nice to reward somehow those users who consistenly help the community. It could be a funny post / conversation, a helpful post, a guide, a constant contribution to certain threads (like the music or graphic threads), etc.

If you think we should not have a different cathegory for those users, you might come up with another idea which could suit this place better, as a Member of The Month award, with a special sig; or something similar.

You decide, so keep the ideas coming! Smile

Thank you!

Of course people should need to feel happy for their contribution and the satisfaction of other people's response should be enough. Though, of course, some people may like some sort of Reputation grade or something, which I can't fault them for, it's up to the general consensus, I suppose. Although if something like this is implemented and it works, I'll be the first to post a video of me cooking a runny egg and wiping it on my face ;)javascript:emoticonp('Thinking')
As for Member Of The Month, I think that would be a great idea though I have no idea how it'd work/what the 'prize' would be Thinking
Back to top Go down

The Nominate/Report Button and a possible reward system

View previous topic View next topic Back to top