Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 am

The more that I play this game the more I wonder if this is the zenith for online shooter games. It’s hard to figure out what more could be added to an online game. It's just so wonderful. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 am

Hoos wrote:
It's just so wonderful. Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

* Slaps Hoos out of his daydream... *

C'mon dude... Don't go all Mofo on us... No
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Hoos wrote:
I’m a little surprised people are having lag issues. I haven’t really seen a lot of lag. It’s a huge improvement over COD4 which was just lag city.

It is better. People said this same thing early R2 though. Its there, just not visible jumpy there like you'd see in MW.
Its not as bad as I make it sound, but its there.

Leonardo337 wrote:
Hoos wrote:
I’m a little surprised people are having lag issues. I haven’t really seen a lot of lag. It’s a huge improvement over COD4 which was just lag city.

Because you only put one bullet into people anyway? Thinking

Laughing

LMAO

PiNeAppLe_eNiMa wrote:
Hoos wrote:
Laughing

I actually don’t snipe all that much. I use the SCAR a lot more than I do a sniper. Domination isn’t always the greatest for sniping. However, 50 cal + thermal scope is damn nice. I love you

I love all the assault rifles, other than the FAL, which still isn't all that bad...

M16 and ACR are my favs so far.

The FAL looks like its the Scar with less range.
Is that a correct assessment.
I was going to start using it but it looks like a downgrade from the scar to me.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Isn't the FAL a single shot weapon, semi-auto? scratch

I like it for its accuracy in the Campaign, invaluable with the ACOG for certain parts of it, IMHO. Wink
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:47 pm

idk Ive never used it.

Maybe thats what it was
Rate of fire.

Everything looked the same but one thing.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Maybe it's just me but I never managed to pay attention enough to recognise all the different weapons. In campaign I just played with what they gave me and when that ran out picked up whatever was lying nearby and used that. They all seemed to get the job done. Couldn't tell you the names of any of the weapons. One thing I like about the Resistance franchise is that there are basically only seven or eight weapons and then only one per class (well, two snipers in R2). COD seems to have a gazillion rifles, five squillion hand guns and a whole load of carbines and other assorted weaponry whose names and functions just confuse the heck out of me. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Really its just everything has its own strengths and weaknesses and players love customization.
Theres always that one guy who can have all the guns to pick ever made by man and if there is no desert eagle look the eff out.
But with all the choices, you've said the most important thing.
If you point it at someone, and shoot them, they will fall down.

I dont even really use my secondary, much less the 20 different secondary options
And the only primary I ever carry is the scar (assault rifle)
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:38 pm

I use my secondary weapon a lot. I’m usually out of bullets with my primary so I have to switch over. I’d like to say that I have used every bullet to kill everybody but that isn’t true. The one thing that I carry over from RFOM is the bad habit of reloading after each kill. So, I waste a ton of ammo.

When I’m sniping, I use the shotty as a secondary.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Hoos wrote:
I use my secondary weapon a lot. I’m usually out of bullets with my primary so I have to switch over. I’d like to say that I have used every bullet to kill everybody but that isn’t true. The one thing that I carry over from RFOM is the bad habit of reloading after each kill. So, I waste a ton of ammo.

When I’m sniping, I use the shotty as a secondary.

I've yet to play online. Sad
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:54 pm

FAL is the single shot assault rifle...not so good for pray and spray, but it has good accuracy and since you can't just unload clips I found I was running out of ammo way less often...not good for smaller maps though.

On the secondaries - I use the machine pistols TONS, for the most part they're almost as good as the assault rifles...put a red dot on the rafica and you've got yourself a mini M16!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Hoos wrote:
The one thing that I carry over from RFOM is the bad habit of reloading after each kill. So, I waste a ton of ammo.

Me too. ^

PiNeAppLe_eNiMa wrote:
FAL is the single shot assault rifle...not so good for pray and spray, but it has good accuracy and since you can't just unload clips I found I was running out of ammo way less often...not good for smaller maps though.

On the secondaries - I use the machine pistols TONS, for the most part they're almost as good as the assault rifles...put a red dot on the rafica and you've got yourself a mini M16!

I'll have to try it then.
Maybe both.
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Six, you have to start using the machine pistols. When you get in a house or around a corner, that thing is awesome. I think I'm starting to get as many kills with that as I am the SCAR.

Seriously, the worst thing you can use is the scrambler. That is easily the worst perk. Completely gives away your location.

Eat, I don't even try to know them all. I just found out what the most people were using and went with it. So far, I find the SCAR has been easily the best I've tried. And I too reload after every exchange. I didn't realize that was wasting all of my ammo. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:03 pm

How does that waste your ammo?
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Jon1798 wrote:
Six, you have to start using the machine pistols. When you get in a house or around a corner, that thing is awesome. I think I'm starting to get as many kills with that as I am the SCAR.

Seriously, the worst thing you can use is the scrambler. That is easily the worst perk. Completely gives away your location.

Eat, I don't even try to know them all. I just found out what the most people were using and went with it. So far, I find the SCAR has been easily the best I've tried. And I too reload after every exchange. I didn't realize that was wasting all of my ammo. Oh well.

SCAR is pretty good but has a fair bit of recoil...I prefer the M4. Once you get them unlocked the ACR is REALLY good (full auto, VERY little recoil) and the M16 is crazy good if you can live with the 3 round burst...COD4 I used the M16 like crazy so I'm used to it...
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:43 pm

SixHousePull wrote:

fuggin nice sig sponge
Thanks dude, Rep made it for me. Very Happy= :D

Leo- My bad. Embarassed

Whats your loadout? Heres mine-

Heres ma setup-
Primary:Barret/urban
Secondary: Striker w/ silencer
Equipment: Throwing Knife
Special Grenades: Flash
Perk1:Bling: Silencer/thermal scope
Perk2:Cold Blooded
Perk3:Steady Aim
Deathstreak: Martyrdom

and heres the one I ass rape with-
Primary:FAL w/ Red Dot Sight
Secondary:SPAS-12 w/ silencer
Equipment:Frag
Special Grenades:Flash
Perk1:Sleight of Hand
Perk2:Stopping Powa Pro
Perk3:Steady Aim Pro
Deathstreak:Martyrdom

Just unlocked the WA2000, time to rape..
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Well, I finished the main campaign last night.
I'm guessing that not playing the previous one cost me a bit in the 'understanding the story' department. scratch
I do know that no matter how hard I tried to complete my objectives, it never ended well. Sad
On the upside, playing on Veteran has gotten me quite used to dying repeatedly, so I think I'm ready for online. Very Happy= :D
Gonna try out the Special Ops missions first, though.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:27 pm

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm only lvl 30 now, so not everything is open to me yet

Class One:
Primary:Scar-H/Digital
Secondary:(just switched to) PP2000
Equipment: Throwing Knife
Special Grenades: Flash
Perk1:Bling: Grenade Attachment (I have to get the achievments)/Holographic scope
Perk2:Cold Blooded
Perk3:Commando
Deathstreak: Copy Cat

Class Two:(more "demolitions"/ Heavy weapons like)
Primary:RPD/?
Secondary: Thumper
Equipment: Blast Shield
Special Grenades: Stun
Perk1:Slight of Hand
Perk2:Hardline
Perk3:Steady Aim
Deathstreak: Martyrdom

Im trying to find the right combos for certain game modes
Any good load outs let me know.
I pretty much stick to TDM, Headquarters Pro, and Domination

My least favorite map btw for ANY game is Estate
Explative that map
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 pm

lmao, yeah I hate that map, they camp all over the fooken place!

Sounds like you got your set perks for the appropriate game types noob. Laughing

If you like sniping(good for TDMs), Im sure you've already unlocked the WA2000, try that shit man, awesome sniper rifle.

For more of the big guns, the RPD is brutal, and your perks seem to fit perfect with that.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

They seemed to work the best.
I havent used snipers too much or made a sniper class even but its on my list of things to do.
Sniping has never been one of my strengths in any game Mad
And I still look at this "technically" as my first COD game, so I wanted to get mt feet wet in general before moving onto things that are more difficult for me.
I didnt play the first MW all that much. In the 2 years I had it, I only reached lvl 11 or 12
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 am

Hence the word noob, noob. Laughing

Once you unlock the Thermal Scope for the sniper rifles, it makes it alittle easier to snipe.

I was using the Barrett 50. cal, with stopping power, steady aim, cold blooded and bling pro, and raped.
The thing is, they cant find you with cold blooded equipped, gives u lots of time to set up camp, and kill. Cool
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:30 am

Ooo that is good thinking.
I like it.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:33 am

SixHousePull wrote:
Ooo that is good thinking.
I like it.
Oh! and dont forget the silencer!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 am

Spongey, I love you Kiss

If I remember, I'll jot down my loadouts for on here.. I've become a complete p2000 whore of late, even switching to it on every respawn rather than use my Vector. Cool

To combat the ridiculous lag that seems to follow me around this week, I've gone with FMJ and stopping power but I find that the half-second pause before I start shooting ruins much of my chances anyway... Evil or Very Mad Even with fast-aim on I can't bring my sights up before I'm dead. Mad

And what was that about wasting ammo? I always reload after every kill, doesn't it just refill the clip? scratch

Oh, BTW, fixed the clan tag issue with a space either end... Keep forgetting that you get four character tags on CoD games. Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:29 am

think I'm still level 10
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:40 am

I've done several of the Special Ops missions. All but one of the Alpha set. Last one started really kicking my butt so I decided it was time for a break. Get back at it tomorrow.
Maybe call in some reinforcements? Wink Actually, when you get to the Bravo missions, there are ones that require two players. Neutral
Once I'm done with Special Ops (or frustrated into giving up) I'll be jumping into the multiplayer fray. Please remember your SAN training everyone. We don't pwn noobs, we save them.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top