Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks, Cobalt, I appreciate the feedback. It's just hard to differentiate sometimes, between an incredibly vocal minority, and the reality of the online meta, you know?

I agree that OMA is busted, but there's typically one mechanic, in anything, that's begging to be broken. We just had those tools from the get-go, to make it that way. It's nice to hear that it's not nearly as wide-spread, much like CP Glitching, as you'd think, listening to some people.

T, like I said before, I won't personally attack you for it, I just think it's a little disappointing. It reflects poorly on you, and the group that you boosted with, and it created an unfair gaming environment, for the other people involved, as well. Cobalt brought up a good point, as well, with his post, and how it negatively impacts other players, as well.
I suppose I would lump boosting in there with cheating, as well, like Cobalt said. It's certainly a possible game mechanic, but I'm positive that it wasn't really intended to work that way, and something that I've always felt, even before I joined /\, was that any gamer should strive to carry himself with integrity. Boosting takes that away though, and I can't understand the decision behind it. Nuke's are so dramatic, and have the impact that they do, because they should be that difficult to earn, it shouldn't be as easy as trying to go hide in some obscure part of the map, with a tac-insert, and shooting some of my buddies, and hoping somebody doesn't catch me in time.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:22 pm

TRVJAG1 wrote:

So there you go guys. Im addicted to video games Razz

And that's why our kids are only allowed 45 minutes weekday and 90 minutes weekend to play on consoles/computers. Cool
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 pm

eattheword wrote:
TRVJAG1 wrote:

And that's why our kids are only allowed 45 minutes weekday and 90 minutes weekend to play on consoles/computers. Cool

If you were my dad. I'd kick you square in the goods and run like hell.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 pm

They're made of titanium.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks, B. I guess I'll wait and see on whether or not I get any of the DLC.

Any time, End.

Doc, So, to get away we'd only need a powerful magnet?
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Cobalt Monkey wrote:

Any time, End.

Titantium is very slightly paramagnetic but for all practical purposes it's considered non-magnetic. So to answer your question: nope.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:18 pm

banded1 wrote:
here's your stuff monkey

the game modes and maps are there, but some werent fully completed or debugged i guess, so with the dlc you download the patch to have all the stuff cleaned and ready to go as well as unlocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here's a vid of one of the game types
bear in mind that this vid was posted in december

So it looks like game modes, not maps. Interesting.

insomniac14 wrote:
eattheword wrote:
TRVJAG1 wrote:

If you were my dad. I'd kick you square in the goods and run like hell.
LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:48 pm

There are new maps coming. The 360 gets them first. Mad
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:42 pm

EXCITEMENT Excited
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Hoos wrote:
There are new maps coming. The 360 gets them first. Mad

We can thank M$ for that.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:54 pm

omega9 wrote:

Yup, they probably cut Infinity Ward a huge deal to get the DLC first. Damn Bill Gates throwing money around like it's nothing.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Either that, or they gave ass loads of cash to Activision. One or the other. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah, still Microsoft pisses me off a bit. That's why I didn't bother giving them 300 bucks for a faulty console, and then paying 50 bucks a year to play games online with my friends.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm

eattheword wrote:
Cobalt Monkey wrote:

Any time, End.

Titantium is very slightly paramagnetic but for all practical purposes it's considered non-magnetic. So to answer your question: nope.

*Shoots Doc in neck with tranquilizer dart while he's explaining*
Get 'em, Insom.

In a far more serious note, I can't start MW2. Apparently it's that error that Strangey was talking about in his thread. Can't even start in up when offline. This Wangs Chung.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:08 pm

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
omega9 wrote:

Yup, they probably cut Infinity Ward a huge deal to get the DLC first. Damn Bill Gates throwing money around like it's nothing.

To be fair, he is donating something like 10 billion dollars to vaccine research/development and distribution, isn't he?

That kind of sucks, but I guess it happens. I didn't have my 360 for long, and wasn't on Live with it, so I don't know how common this is, although I can assume it happens regularly. Any idea how long it'll be, before we receive that content, as well?
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Ok. I just read all these posts. End and Monkey: You're right, but this is a fact. I find it impossible. Very impossible to get anywhere near the starting point for getting a nuke when i try to get one. But this is what i dont get, when im not going for a nuke. I always get enough kills WITHOUT DYING OR BEING FOUND/KILLED when the Nuke killstreak isnt equipped. That's why Im resulting to Nuke Boosting as i for 1 can never EVER in this game get A nuke. When i go for one i always DIE and thats just F****** frustrating towards me. And 2 i might just sick at MW2 even though i love this game. Now i do agree with you on one point. But i dont on another.

And all i want is just 1 nuke. So end, your pretty right, do it in private match but that's not my decision, my friend and i wanted to boost. So, instead of private match where xp, challenges and anything else does not count would be crap. I wouldnt want to get 10 nukes in private match and be missing out on the animated emblem so doing it in non private match (Normal Online) i will get those things i want.

I dont know if i made any sense with this post, I just came home from school wanting to play a game so yeah..

I shall see your replies and make a "good" "reply post" towards it

The Booster, T.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:01 am

Just because you want it, doesn't make your way of getting it any more valid. To use UC2 as an example, just because it's what I'm familiar with, I want a Rampant. I've yet to get one, but that doesn't mean that it makes glitching through a wall with a FAL an acceptable way to earn that, does it? I'll get it eventually, and I'll have earned it, by growing as a player, to the point of it being obtainable.

You said yourself that you're capable of a performance that would equal a nuke, yet, I'm sure that as a player, you've invalidated yourself, to the people you boosted against. It destroys the credibility and the talent that you should be seeking, to me. I was actually talking to a few people about something similar, that happened in Uncharted last night. Two X's glitched on us, and to me, it completely invalided their skill, and their accomplishment. One of the top players, on leaderboards has also glitched in a game with me, and completely destroyed any kind of respect that he would've earned, otherwise.

And, maybe I'm off base here, and honestly, I'm sure it's just as simple as us being two different people, and having two differing opinions, on what's right and wrong, and honestly, it's a video-game. Just be aware than in your callousness, you're also negatively impacting someone else's experience.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 am

Well said, End.

If your goal is the emblem, then I again have to ask why? Perhaps you just want it because you like how it looks. That's fine. But it's what other people think when they see it that's effected when you use it. See, if I work hard at it and eventually earn it, then I'd like to use it. But I won't be able to without being accused of cheating. I know that when I see someone using it my first thought is how much easier it is to cheat it than to earn it, and I lose a little respect for that person. This isn't fair to them if they earned it, but it's what happens anyway because of cheaters. And if I keep at it and earn the nuke, then other people would do the same to me.
In short, if you boost then you aren't cheating the game. You're cheating everyone. Everyone who is in the game with you. Everyone who earns the titles and emblems. Everyone who plays the game to a degree. Because if you can't have fun because cheaters win the games, and you can't get the tiny bit of respect that the emblems bring, then why play at all?
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:
...impossible to get anywhere near the starting point for getting a nuke when i try to get one. But this is what i dont get, when im not going for a nuke. I always get enough kills WITHOUT DYING OR BEING FOUND/KILLED when the Nuke killstreak isnt equipped.

No, you don't have the ability to get a Nuke when you aren't equipped with one... The extra Killstreak award is adding to your kills and making it look like it, try running with the Nuke all the time and alter your strategy to suit. Camping for a couple of kills and moving to a new location is a worthwhile strat, Tactical Insertion and headshotting a buddy over and over is just lame. Put in some hard work and you'll get a greater buzz when it pays off, you won't even care that you have the Emblem then, because you'll know you did it by yourself and that's all that will matter. Wink
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:32 am

TRVJAG1 wrote:
Ok. I just read all these posts. End and Monkey: You're right, but this is a fact. I find it impossible.

I find it impossible to get a 7-kill streak, but am I going to cheat to get one and spoil someone else's legitimately earned streak just to prove I can do it when, in fact, I really can't? No. It's on a par with modded controllers and lag switches and is, IMO, the video game equivalent of drug taking in sports.

On a related note, I REALLY hope you don't do this boosting stuff when in parties with anybody here. That would be a really quick way to get booted from the lobby and removed from PSN friends lists...
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 am

I'm in total agreement with Eat on this one. I struggle to get my UAVs and Care Packages and my average kill streak is around 2. You don't see me going around boosting. It's really unfair to people who do things legitimately. I'm pretty much repeating Eat but play fair man.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 am

TO ALL

You cheat, you weak.

You cheat when me in game with you, you dead

You cheat when me asleep you dead in dream.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

Dingo wrote:
TO ALL

You cheat, you weak.

Why you start talking like bad Jackie Chan movie?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:07 am

eattheword wrote:
Dingo wrote:
TO ALL

You cheat, you weak.

Why you start talking like bad Jackie Chan movie?
Me teach Jackie to speak engrish.
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:48 am

hirarious, ror
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top