Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:44 am

For me running around like a madman results in getting my ass lit up like a Christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
For me running around like a madman results in getting my ass lit up like a Christmas tree.

Try to stick to the outsides of the map, stay away from the middle where you can get flanked from everywhere. Try to flank/get behind people rather than going in head on...
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 pm

^^ Couldn't have put it any better.

Street, you seem to be a pretty good sniper. I know it doesn't yield the same amount of points/bllodlust, but it'll definitely help hone your survival skills and stop your ass looking like swiss cheese.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:05 am

And here I was thinking I was a garbage sniper cuz I don't really know any good sniping spots, or the best sniper class. My main problem is that I'll post up and snipe in an area that nobody comes across for majority of the game. One map like that is Skid Row. I'll camp overlooking the alley way by the spawn point in the back of the map, and usually after about 10 mins I'll only have 1 or 2 kills. My current sniper class has Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro.I used to run Scavenger Pro so I could get more claymores. I could use some help with proper Claymore placement to defend myself properly cuz I seem to get killed cuz people see me on thermals or catch me on a heartbeat sensor. I'm open to suggestions on what I should try, and maybe sometime one of the better snipers out there like Eve or Hoos could show me the correct way to snipe.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:25 am

Had my best game ever tonight.
24-2 on Highrise.
Was a nice thing to have happen after the disappointing, if not unexpected, result of my U2 matches.
13 kills were mine, the rest I got through harriers and chopper gunner. Game ended before I could get a nuke though. Oh, well. Always next time.

Also, GGs to Six, Ray, Eve, and Wadey.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 am

Go Monkey!
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:11 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
And here I was thinking I was a garbage sniper cuz I don't really know any good sniping spots, or the best sniper class. My main problem is that I'll post up and snipe in an area that nobody comes across for majority of the game. One map like that is Skid Row. I'll camp overlooking the alley way by the spawn point in the back of the map, and usually after about 10 mins I'll only have 1 or 2 kills. My current sniper class has Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro.I used to run Scavenger Pro so I could get more claymores. I could use some help with proper Claymore placement to defend myself properly cuz I seem to get killed cuz people see me on thermals or catch me on a heartbeat sensor. I'm open to suggestions on what I should try, and maybe sometime one of the better snipers out there like Eve or Hoos could show me the correct way to snipe.

The spot you're on about I like to stay on the bottom floor to see the entirety of the alleyway.

As for perks, I generally go with Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Bro, and Either Ninja Or Steady Aim Pro.

I use a .50 cal rifle with a thermal, switched out for a silencer on HC.

Claymores need to be placed at a choke point where you know an enemy is rushing you directly. Having two up is a decent safety net. Especially since the spot you use offers very little by means of escape route.

I used to be a courtesy sniper, since no killstreaks or enemies would see me I'd keep a stinger handy to take down enemy killstreaks. If you want to defend yourself close range, most will recommend a PP2000. I don't use it personally because I prefer the one hit kill off of a shotty.

A silenced rifle with cold-blooded and you are practically invisible.

For spots, most of my main spots would be with 30 paces of the start spawn, they are pretty much low to medium traffic.

Maps like wasteland can become all out sniper duels at times, but obviously the abundance of long grass should allow you to hit and move.

The maps I'd snipe are Karachi, Highrise, Quarry, Derail, Sub Base (depending on my mood), Estate, Underpass, Afghan, Terminal and Wasteland.

Rust is unsnipeable for obvious reasons, I feel Scrapyard is too. Invasion it can be done but I don't like to go there too often. Favela is a mess of CQC so there's no real point unless you can quickscope, which I can't.

I know you prefer the M21, but for me it and the WA2000 are just too annoying with the two hit kills. And I'm not a big fan of bolt action, so.......Barrett it is.

Next time you catch me online I'll show you my spots.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:23 am

thanks for the games monkey .six .eve.ray
i did not get alot of kills think i averaged 6-7 each game i got a fair few by hanging near eve&six pretty much tried
to watch the back door
dam hard to keep up with monkey he runs to fast.

Q.do you show up on radar if you run or do you only show up if you shoot?
Q.is melay all ways 1 hit kill
Q.can you shoot aircraft out of sky?

there was five of us clan members playing today that was sweet thats the sort of fun i was hopeing for in the clan when i joined up thank guys Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:27 am

You show up if you shoot with a non silenced gun or if the enemie gets a uav and you aren't cold blooded.

Melee is always a one hit kill.

Stinger missiles can take down everything but the AC130 in two missiles, the AC130 takes three.

The care package and emergency airdrop aircraft cannot be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:31 am

thanks for the info insom
i have just unlocked the first new assault- rifle cant remember the name but i only spawn with 40rounds is that normal?
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:36 am

Scar H only has a twenty round magazine, your two reloads are 40 and the one you have to begin with makes it sixth, they have a lot of power to make up for the small amount of them.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 am

thanks do you pick up ammo of the battle field or do you have to pick up another gun from ground?
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:50 am

With the scavenger perk, you can pick up ammunition from dead bodies, it's pro enhancement allows you to spawn with an additional two magazines.

Scavenger also refills your grenades and secondaries. Launchers normally only recieve one new round per pick up and have to be equipped as you run over the ammo pack.

Scavenger will also refill a gun taken from an enemy corpse.

Without it you will have to pick up a new gun on the go once you run out, the alternative is dying.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 am

insomniac14 wrote:
With the scavenger perk, you can pick up ammunition from dead bodies, it's pro enhancement allows you to spawn with an additional two magazines.

Scavenger also refills your grenades and secondaries. Launchers normally only recieve one new round per pick up and have to be equipped as you run over the ammo pack.

Scavenger will also refill a gun taken from an enemy corpse.

Without it you will have to pick up a new gun on the go once you run out, the alternative is dying.

well i have the dying bit down pat Smile
at what level do you unlock scavenger?
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:02 am

Level 13.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:38 am

insomniac14 wrote:
Level 13.

sweet i am lev12 i think
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (^_-)b
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:34 am

Nearly 1 month without playing and me first game me went 27-3. Need more cannon fodders.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:38 am

I'm not sure why I have never used this kill streak combo before but I had Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper gunner on the other night. Once you hit the Harrier it's almost guaranteed that you will get them all. You can pretty much sit under a tree and eat a ham sammich while watching the destruction. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:00 am

Hoos wrote:
I'm not sure why I have never used this kill streak combo before but I had Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper gunner on the other night. Once you hit the Harrier it's almost guaranteed that you will get them all. You can pretty much sit under a tree and eat a ham sammich while watching the destruction. What a Face
NooB..... Try the good old fashion setup that has very little sitting back zzZZzz. UAV, Predator Missle and Harrier.

Just me opinion as me hates that camping setup.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:16 am

I play mostly Domination. My setup is to stop people from getting to the flags.
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:31 am

I prefer Predator, Harriers, CG.

Unfortunately don't have the CG since my last prestige.

Since I'm not at all a run and gunner I get up to 5 ish kills, get the predator, kind of serves as an exploding UAV, Harriers pretty much guarantee CG unless your opponents are complete dicks.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 am

insomniac14 wrote:

Harriers pretty much guarantee CG

Or someone shoots the Harrier down. Or people do the smart thing and wait indoors (that's what I do).
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 am

Dingo wrote:
Hoos wrote:
NooB..... Try the good old fashion setup that has very little sitting back zzZZzz. UAV, Predator Missle and Harrier.

Just me opinion as me hates that camping setup.

Hoos, yes...that KS set-up is scrub-tastic. LOL. (^_-)b

Dingo, why not go with the UAV, Counter-UAV & Sentry Gun KS set-up? Me likey.
Back to top Go down
Insom
Eighth Nation
Insom

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 30 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:34 am

eattheword wrote:
insomniac14 wrote:

Harriers pretty much guarantee CG

Or someone shoots the Harrier down. Or people do the smart thing and wait indoors (that's what I do).

Shooting it down was what I was getting at when I referred to people being dicks.

As for waiting indoors, generally your teammates work well in flushing people out.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top