Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 am

UAV, Harriors and emergency airdrop is me KS stuff.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:11 am

Leo337 wrote:
Great result, ETW! cheers

And you're exactly right about those killstreaks, the only care package I'll use now is a sentry gun, but that's only so I can control the enemy and keep them out of a certain area. Very Happy= :D

Mingo is a noob, that is all... Laughing
Yes, Mingo is a newb. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:13 am

Thats Mr Smexy NewB.

BTW 2 emps in 1 emergency airdrop is real.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Nice work, Doc. Congrats!
cheers
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:31 pm

ET was pwning the noobs today.
You should have seen him.

We had most our team leave in the first minute of the game. With just ET, some random and I, we managed to hold a lead for a long while. And just as we started to let it slip the match maker leveled us back out and we won the round.

It was epicness. We just dug in and took em down.
It was sweet.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Kudos, bud.
Clap
I hope to get back at this tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:54 pm

That game was on Favela. I went 24 for 11 and Six went 20 for 16. It was smooth. I started out embarrassingly -- I got first blood with my RPG, it was too close to a car and I killed myself at the same time. After thtat I dug into that room on the side of the hill on the left as you look up the road. I put a Claymore at each entrance and kept watch on that small building at the bottom with the outside stairs and the central roof section. Claymores either kill people coming in or give you warning of a Scrambler Pro user. Many of them saw the explosion and then, inexplicably, hung outside, so I was really ready for them.

The ACR was used to kill people standing in the window of the building opposite. For those being more stealthy the RPG would sort them out. I learnt the importance of situational awareness. I saw Six go into the central block from the door at the bottom of the hill. He appeared on the roof. Then I saw him go down and was just able to spy the head of someone diagonally opposite on that big flat roof section. Headshot! I continued to use the skull symbols. When I saw one in that building right next to me on the other side of the road, I knew the enemies would still be there, so an RPG got me a double kill. I have to tell you, situational awareness is my new lesson.

That little run in that building got me an 8-kill streak (with a Predator and a Harrier). I was just about to get the Pavelow when a fast Scrambler Pro user got the better of me.

I got a few stupid deaths after that, but was able to use the RPG to take people out of buildings.

On another match I managed 13 for 5 on Highrise which included a 12 kill streak with three KS rewards.

Something is happening. I put it down to this:

1. Simply believing I CAN get those kill streaks.
2. Using KS rewards that string together to build up the score: Predator earns you 1 or 2 kills to get you the Harrier which then buys you the Pavelow.
3. Making maximum use of situational awareness. I had never really seen how to do it before, but today because I happened to be watching out for where Six was I become more aware of where enemies would likely be.
4. Simply not caring if I died time after time afte time. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. If I get a run of 10 deaths, who cares? It was probably at the hands of a good player (props to him) or a scrub (don't waste your energy giving him a second thought).

In other news, thanks to Sponge and Dingo for the Sniper and RPG training. Getting a 7-kill streak against those two guys in a no holds barred custom FFA was sweet. Here's the puzzler though: On Rust I was using Intervention with ACOG and Stopping Power Pro. Time after time I would put a single shot into Sponge and only get a hit marker. Occasionally I would get a 1-hit kill but most of the time it was 2, 3, or even 4 shots to kill him. Is that lag?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Also, if ya need some practice in with the sniper rifles and/or the RPG, let a brotha know. cheers

I need help Sponge, can you help me out?

That's pretty epic Eat, way to go man!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm

And as you asked, Street, I calculated my k/d. It's an AWE INSPIRING 0.67.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Lol it's much better than my 0.64. You don't really need to calculate it though, you know it tells you if you go to the Kills leaderboard in the barracks right?
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:59 pm

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
Lol it's much better than my 0.64. You don't really need to calculate it though, you know it tells you if you go to the Kills leaderboard in the barracks right?

Much better? Puzzled Let me see... 0.64 + 0.03 = 0.67. So a difference of 0.03 is MUCH better? I guess in terms of F1 lap times yes, but sometimes I think you're just looking for the downside of things.

Do the barracks tell you your k/d? I've only seen #kills and #deaths. Then again, I am so old I could be blind.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Lol I suppose you're correct on that one Eat. If you were talking about F1 times then it looks like I'd be the better one Laughing. I do however know you're correct on me looking on the downside of things. I'm going to start trying to look on the positive side of things, I know I'll be much better off that way. Time to see a happier StreetxRacer here on the forums!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:09 pm

I only recognize it in you, Street, because I have a tendency to do the same thing myself. It makes life miserable though, doesn't it?

Jenson Button FTW!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:15 pm

eattheword wrote:
. Occasionally I would get a 1-hit kill but most of the time it was 2, 3, or even 4 shots to kill him. Is that lag?

Sounds like lag but idk. I dont use those Perks.

I do know I was lagging like a biotch today. I'd place more than enough rounds into someones face and....... nothing.
I probably could have done a little better those rounds if not for that.

And for me, its not about bad down thoughts. its just about NOT placing pressure on yourself and letting the gamer inside do his thing. Guns firing
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
its just about NOT placing pressure on yourself and letting the gamer inside do his thing. Guns firing

Don't we have a thread somewhere else for talking about this kind of dysfunction? Shocked
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 pm

eattheword wrote:
I only recognize it in you, Street, because I have a tendency to do the same thing myself. It makes life miserable though, doesn't it?

Jenson Button FTW!

It really does make things miserable, can't lie about that. Anyone who's read my thread can tell you about that. Who's Jenson Button?
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:40 pm

F1 champion 2009 and leader in the current season.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Eat, your and F1 fan? scratch
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:43 pm

I wach the races, yes. I'm just hoping they'll introduce kill streak rewards next season
[/vain attempt to stay on topic]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Ah, I haven't watched F1 since Michael Schumacher retired. I do know he's back though racing with Mercedes GP. It's just not the same though :/

I haven't even been keeping up with the Moto GP season either, man I really need to start following these things again. I'm too distracted by the NHL playoffs right
now.

Back To Topic I'll be hopping on MW 2 in about a half hour, hope to see some of you on tonight. I don't have school tomorrow so I may be up very late gaming tonight lol.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:47 pm

i`ll be hopping on my delicio pizza in like half an houre, but i will be on tonight !
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 pm

i hate playing this game
i need MAG or U2
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 pm

well, I'm off to bed.

*** bloody retirement homes. why can't I go to bed when I want to? ***
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Wave your cane or walker in total disgust and tell them stories about "when you were their age" ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 pm

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
Ah, I haven't watched F1 since Michael Schumacher retired. I do know he's back though racing with Mercedes GP. It's just not the same though :/

I haven't even been keeping up with the Moto GP season either, man I really need to start following these things again. I'm too distracted by the NHL playoffs right
now.

Back To Topic I'll be hopping on MW 2 in about a half hour, hope to see some of you on tonight. I don't have school tomorrow so I may be up very late gaming tonight lol.

I have a 2hour window to use now.
Ill be on for a bit. Than off. Then probably on again later in the evening.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top