Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 pm

nobody wrote:
Last game they were shooting for quality MP experience. Now they are shooting for top online experience on the playstation.

They have said "When people think of online gaming on the PS3 we want them to think of U3" That was said by justin richmond head of MP development at ND

This is what gives me hope for U3. The fact is that ND really hasn't done anything that is bad, at least in terms of singleplayer is reassuring. If they make good, calculated decisions for how they update the MP then they could get what they want.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
nobody wrote:
Last game they were shooting for quality MP experience. Now they are shooting for top online experience on the playstation.

They have said "When people think of online gaming on the PS3 we want them to think of U3" That was said by justin richmond head of MP development at ND

This is what gives me hope for U3. The fact is that ND really hasn't done anything that is bad, at least in terms of singleplayer is reassuring. If they make good, calculated decisions for how they update the MP then they could get what they want.
plus U3 is a good chance to undo any mistakes they may of made in 2, that couldnt be fixed via patches
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Ah the old "It's impossible for us to do anything with the current state of the game. Do we look like programmers to you people? Do we look like we care anymore?" claims from Arne. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 pm

forgive me but that sounds like a really bad way to do business, what I am trying to say is that some people will read that as "we don't care about you guys anymore, we won't support anymore after it has been out for a year" what I would expect ND to do is to say something like "we have heard all of your thoughts and we are trying to use them to make U3 MP the best it can be", just my opinions, though
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 pm

the problem is a patch can only do so much. there is the base code, then the patch can cover up or tweak some things, but it cant totally overwrite the base code.

With U3 they will get to totally redo the code.

Its not just ND using this "excuse" its rather typical with most games
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
forgive me but that sounds like a really bad way to do business, what I am trying to say is that some people will read that as "we don't care about you guys anymore, we won't support anymore after it has been out for a year" what I would expect ND to do is to say something like "we have heard all of your thoughts and we are trying to use them to make U3 MP the best it can be", just my opinions, though

Don't tell me about it. I'm just as confused as the 3 thousandish other people on the ND forums.

Nobody is right. If they did make a patch that vastly changed the mechanics of the game there'd be a huge amount of static lag. Lag that has no chance of ever going away because the game has to obey the first version of code, and then change to obey the new update. Basically you could be in a custom game by yourself, aim your gun, then not see it happen for a 1/4 of a second.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Vrals597 wrote:

Don't tell me about it. I'm just as confused as the 3 thousandish other people on the ND forums.

Nobody is right. If they did make a patch that vastly changed the mechanics of the game there'd be a huge amount of static lag. Lag that has no chance of ever going away because the game has to obey the first version of code, and then change to obey the new update. Basically you could be in a custom game by yourself, aim your gun, then not see it happen for a 1/4 of a second.

sorry just want to take a moment to bask in the awesomeness at the pun of my name working perfectly
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 am

Lol yes, enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:49 am

So many times have I tried to proceed in writing a post like "Nobody gets this" or "Nobody wants this" and thinking...

"Crap. ppl might think I'm referring to the person." Its quite an ingenious and respectful name, I might say...
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Its even better in online games.

In that ACB tournament we had many laughs over my name. esp when "nobody won the tournament"
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Lol, an assassin made off with the prize, and all of the hardware.
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:33 am

UC3 = preordered.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I want to preorder it, will probably do it in a few months
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 pm

I'll preorder for my Bday so in similar position to vrals .

Last edited by Mitchellkillgour on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:02 am

I'll preorder when they announce some preorder bonuses, so I know what I'm getting.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 am

I'll go to the shop and buy it.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 am

I always preorder games at Gamestop, they usually have some sort of incentive. Even if it's a skin, I'd rather have something then nothing. I mean if I'm going to buy it new, and it's 60 dollars for it new everywhere, it would be different if it was cheaper, but it's not.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 am

Sucks that games are so uniformly priced. I would rather see higher prices for them occasionally if it meant being able to shop around to find better prices as well.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 am

Uniform price tags on all games are the win.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:32 am

Depends on where you live. If you live in a rural area then equal prices are good because generally things in rural areas are more expensive, as a way to offset the relatively cheap living costs (and shipping costs). If you live in a city then it sucks because things like that are usually cheaper, to offset living costs and other things.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Its better if things are uniformly priced in a rural area, though unfortunately this is not the case in most places.
Where I come from we had the local game store and 2 big business corporations. You'd always find that for what the locals advertised, the big businesses would advertise them at about $20 cheaper.

So no we have a dilemma!! Do we support local business and remain poorer, or do we pick up the cheapie and allow big business to take over?!?
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Well wolf, for you, neither since you won't be playing games any time soon! Good luck with school!
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:11 am

Ya, will you actually be home from Uni when DD gets released, Wolf? scratch
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Well.. i can come home for the holidays?? maybe. Or I might bring my PS3 up just for DD Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:10 am

Ya, University broadband must be uber... Plus, with everyone else at home for the holidays, you don't have any of that 'talking to other people' stuff to interrupt your gaming. See you on UC3. Wink
Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

View previous topic View next topic Back to top