Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

He's a magic man that makes fires and mountains through sear will and then proclaims there awesome.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 am

Woooah, very good game, Turtle, I like what I saw cheers

Your vid actually makes me wanna give the newest DLC maps another try.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:51 am

I might get back into this once I come back from my little break.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 am

I'd give it until the next update, Racer... At least. Rolling Eyes

Matchmaking now finds it okay to put a level 7, two level 14's, a 28 and myself up against a three-man party of level 60 and over and two in their forties. Mad

I spent most of the morning port-forwarding my router to get good connection and one of these guys has no bars in his display at all... If this is the best matchmaking algorithm you can come up with, I think I'd rather take my chances on a random match-up, Naughty-Dog. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Leonaaarrrrrrrdo337 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:21 pm

I think it's pretty clear that Naughty Dog has no idea how to fix their matchmaking. It's not that they don't care - or else they wouldn't keep trying - but rather that they're at their wit's end.

I think the bad matchmaking and spawns have made what is a good game at its core completely unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm

I don't think that Naughty Dog is incapable, I think they've taken a stance of wait and see, and then applied it to every situation that's come up, for the last X updates. The forums over there are filled with the discussion of the ever-increasing laggy lobbies, despite the fact that matchmaking was supposed to be tweaked, to compromise balanced level-lobbies, which we know aren't true at all, and connection, which clearly isn't the case, either.

The matchmaking algorithm has gone through four or five different variations, as far as I can recall. Each time, it's seemed to get progressively worse, and now, it's widely regarded as a joke. Even when I'm playing on Endlo- with you guys as party leaders, we're getting spreads of high-numeral to X+ guys, with greens, blues, and guys who aren't even out of their twenties yet. While I advocated that, for learning, personally, it's ridiculous, and we've seen, firsthand, how much it can ruin one's experience. There's no compromise right now, in the level-balancing.

I'd like to think I could find a lobby that isn't horribly lagged right now, either, but it's seemingly impossible. Modern Warfare 2 has had significantly less lag than Uncharted has, for me lately. It's to the point where I can count on at least 2 of the opposing team skating around the map, and shotgun-AK'ing, if not full-out warping around the map. That's ridiculous, and it's a terrible environment to play in. Grenades have become horrible as well, because to you, the grenade was a major over/under-throw, and you're definitely in the clear. Then, you die from it. I'm sure that it's represented in a much different spot on their screens, as are you. I've had them warp past people, and had them warp to me, as well. I will see my grenade land, and be a decent throw, not a kill, but a knockdown from cover, and then all of the sudden, it's behind a different set of cover, and I'm checkin' out the respawn cameras.

With the increased power of Steel-fist style melee combat, and the lag, the kill ticker's a wave of fist icons. I've never been punched through and over objects that it wasn't possible to be melee'd from before, more than I have in the last few weeks. With the increasing lag, the warp punches are definitely more noticeable too. I get that lag happens, and every once in a while, it's kosher, part of the environment and all, but when I'm consistently seeing these guys warp 10+ feet and melee me out, and then warp back to their position, it's clear that something is going wrong. Maybe it's on my end, but my speeds/ping are fine, and I have no problems with other games, so I'm hesitant to brush it off as something that's on my side.

Like I briefly mentioned in the MW2 thread, I think my time with UC2 is drawing to a close. I played the game and had a blast for almost a year, now, it was definitely worth the investment, both times, and it was a great way to justify the PS3 as the right choice, for my gaming platform. This game didn't leave my console for months on end, and that's damn impressive. At the same time, it's been a year. I've had a lot of great times, I'm sure I'll have a few more, and I've met a lot of great people. I wouldn't be here, if it weren't for UC2. I've gotten one account to X+, one close to X, and even on my new main, I've had a lot of success. It rings kind of hollow though, because I don't feel like I have anything to really reach for. All of my main goals have been reached, and with the exception of pushing my KD up, and trying to see big numbers next to my name, on leaderboards, there's not a lot left for me to do.

I hope that with the Game of the Year Edition dropping soon, and the new wave of players that we'll see, Naughty Dog will be able to take an honest look at some of their criticisms, and take stock of what they need to fix. I understand that they can't cater to everyone, and nobody will be fully happy with the online experience. SA comes to mind, as something that won't be addressed, and a largely unhappy population that wants to decry them for it, but at the same time, these are widespread issues, that are affecting the fundamental playability, and enjoyment of the game, at this point, and I don't think anybody wants to see a whole new wave of gamers come into something that's so laughably broken, right now.

I can hold out hope for an update that might address this, but at this point, I don't see it happening. The spawn-issue for example, or the Plunder glitch, are things that have been reported over and over, the new airwalk, and all we get is a consistent...."We're looking at it, and evaluating." Plunder's spawns have been horrendous for months on end, and other gametypes are slowly sinking to the same level. Hell, the other night, I actually spawned with the opposing team finally. It was hard for me to believe that it could happen, because it never should, but there I was. Go go Deathmatch spawns.

Back to top Go down
Hollorr-ween
Second Nation
Hollorr-ween

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 pm

s1lv3r 73h r1pp3r wrote:
I love skeletons for the competitive edge more than anything. I would love to play as dutch though. Endlo, are you still play lots of MW2 and CC? Cause I need someone to own people with and Charlitos keeps bailing on me.
well silver if i ever get time off ill party up with you but days off are few and far between now...though i think the last time i played we partied up and we pwned everyone...lol i think for one match it was me at 19-4 with 4 assists and you with 15-7 and 3 assists and the rest of our team was all negative Puzzled that was what you call carrying your team...lol
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Do you think that the multiplayer as a whole would be a better experience without situational awareness? I know what I think but I'm curious as to what you feel really about the booster. I cannot stand the lost city and sanctuary. Those maps' spawns are quite frankly f**ked, the lost city especially. Today I saw literally dozens of people per minute pour out of the spawn point (where you spawn at the beginning of the game on the map) straight into my ak. It reminds me of the mortar spots on MW2. I can easily get a rage or a rampant with 3 people watching my back while I aim at that spawn. It is the epitome of broken.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:22 am

Situational is easy to deal with. Especially compared to the real, technical problems.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:38 am

I don't mind SA at all. I've said why so many times.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 am

I've explained many times, both here, and in game, my views on Situational. I don't have a problem with it at all, and I don't think it's really a problem in the multiplayer. There's certainly a very vocal community that disagrees with me, as you can see over on ND's boards, but it's not going to change, in UC2. It might for UC3, but we won't know for a while, and I'm sure they'll have another booster at that point, to rage against. Maybe it'll be DtI's equivalent next time. Lrn2aim.

My point, moreso, in bringing up the Situational crew was that Naughty Dog, and those who criticize players who attack them for not doing anything, often bring up the point that we're not developers, we don't understand game-balance, and if they tried to please everyone, the game would be a mess. You absolutely cannot please everyone, and it'd be pointless to try, but this isn't an issue that really falls under that category, either, so there's not much excuse, for ND's inaction, and their typical mantra of Watch, Wait and See. The game is falling apart on a fundamental and technical level, this isn't a matter of hating a booster, or thinking it's unfair, it's a matter of the game's core concepts being warped and destroyed, and the matchmaking now finding it funny to troll players with it's algorithm finding absolutely awful connections to lobby you with, despite it being "optomized" to find balanced ones. The spawns are pathetic, and certain maps are worse than others, Lost City and Sanctuary, as you mentioned, immediately come to mind, the Fort was always a trainwreck of spawnpoints, but the others are sinking quickly down to that level too. It's just pathetic to see how far the game has come, with it's development, and improvements. I understand that ND wanted to make this the best possible thing that they could have, but they've managed to tweak so much of the initial perfection, and charm right out of it, to the point where I can't even play it right now. I just get angry with it, and have to shut it down, because it's fallen so far.

I remember playing this for hours and hours every night, with the OG guys. Same bat time, same bat channel, every day. Now, I couldn't imagine that, because I know that the spawns, and the lag, and the glitches would just destroy the experience for me. Those are the things that I'd love to see fixed. I'm not going to rant about 1.04, I don't think it was perfection for UC2, and I don't mind that they tweaked the damages. Those are fine, but at least fix the game on a technical level, so we're sending this new wave of players, who are going to come in on the GOTY, into a broken mess of an online experience. I used to defend this as one of the best titles to pick up, and I think that statement holds true, for it's single-player, but the multiplayer has just fallen completely apart.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:15 am

Using SA? Thats a paddlin'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 am

Using the Paddling pic, thats a paddling.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 am

Trying to hand a paddling to the paddler, oh you better believe thats a paddling!

Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Endloslung wrote:
I've explained many times, both here, and in game, my views on Situational. I don't have a problem with it at all, and I don't think it's really a problem in the multiplayer. There's certainly a very vocal community that disagrees with me, as you can see over on ND's boards, but it's not going to change, in UC2. It might for UC3, but we won't know for a while, and I'm sure they'll have another booster at that point, to rage against. Maybe it'll be DtI's equivalent next time. Lrn2aim.

My point, moreso, in bringing up the Situational crew was that Naughty Dog, and those who criticize players who attack them for not doing anything, often bring up the point that we're not developers, we don't understand game-balance, and if they tried to please everyone, the game would be a mess. You absolutely cannot please everyone, and it'd be pointless to try, but this isn't an issue that really falls under that category, either, so there's not much excuse, for ND's inaction, and their typical mantra of Watch, Wait and See. The game is falling apart on a fundamental and technical level, this isn't a matter of hating a booster, or thinking it's unfair, it's a matter of the game's core concepts being warped and destroyed, and the matchmaking now finding it funny to troll players with it's algorithm finding absolutely awful connections to lobby you with, despite it being "optomized" to find balanced ones. The spawns are pathetic, and certain maps are worse than others, Lost City and Sanctuary, as you mentioned, immediately come to mind, the Fort was always a trainwreck of spawnpoints, but the others are sinking quickly down to that level too. It's just pathetic to see how far the game has come, with it's development, and improvements. I understand that ND wanted to make this the best possible thing that they could have, but they've managed to tweak so much of the initial perfection, and charm right out of it, to the point where I can't even play it right now. I just get angry with it, and have to shut it down, because it's fallen so far.

I remember playing this for hours and hours every night, with the OG guys. Same bat time, same bat channel, every day. Now, I couldn't imagine that, because I know that the spawns, and the lag, and the glitches would just destroy the experience for me. Those are the things that I'd love to see fixed. I'm not going to rant about 1.04, I don't think it was perfection for UC2, and I don't mind that they tweaked the damages. Those are fine, but at least fix the game on a technical level, so we're sending this new wave of players, who are going to come in on the GOTY, into a broken mess of an online experience. I used to defend this as one of the best titles to pick up, and I think that statement holds true, for it's single-player, but the multiplayer has just fallen completely apart.

The reason I asked was because of people's changing points of view. I'm going to put this game away for a while, if they claim the spawns are fixed I'll definitely play some more to test that claim out but if they didn't tweak the spawning and matchmaking then it may be time to say good-bye.

Congratz on MVP Endlo.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:23 am

Reo wrote:

Trying to hand a paddling to the paddler, oh you better believe thats a paddling!

LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 am

Broken spawns - CHECK

Broken matchmaking - CHECK

Lag issues - CHECK

Still an awesome game - CHECK

I really do hope that the developers finally decides to listen to their customers/fans, they can only deny the issues for so long.
But I for one can't stop playing this little gem.
Every day so far, I've found out a new dimension of the MP part. Things that I feel makes me more all-round as a player, and most of all - a better player.

I have tried to leave me comfort zone and try new things, like running around with the FAL for instance as I've been doing lately.
By trying out various playstyles I do get a better understanding of how other people will play and how to counter it.

It all makes the game seeming much more deep than I imagined and I am getting the same enjoyment as when I started out playing.
I think this is what is needed when it all starts to feel so monotone; mixing it up and starting on something new.

Either by moving on a to another game or approaching the game in a different way.

Me, I don't see myself quitting on Uncharted 2 for a while, sure I have my rage moments where I curse ND but despite the faults they have made I am still having a blast playing it.

But I do have to admit I miss partying up with you guys, almost everytime I get on you are playing different games (MAG, CoD, Castle Crashers) or you're already in a full party.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 am

The member 'Reo' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Six' : 6
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 am

I don't think I'll pick up comp again, but I never did get a lot of time in coop...
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Reo wrote:
Broken spawns - CHECK

Broken matchmaking - CHECK

Lag issues - CHECK

Still an awesome game - CHECK

I really do hope that the developers finally decides to listen to their customers/fans, they can only deny the issues for so long.
But I for one can't stop playing this little gem.
Every day so far, I've found out a new dimension of the MP part. Things that I feel makes me more all-round as a player, and most of all - a better player.

I have tried to leave me comfort zone and try new things, like running around with the FAL for instance as I've been doing lately.
By trying out various playstyles I do get a better understanding of how other people will play and how to counter it.

It all makes the game seeming much more deep than I imagined and I am getting the same enjoyment as when I started out playing.
I think this is what is needed when it all starts to feel so monotone; mixing it up and starting on something new.

Either by moving on a to another game or approaching the game in a different way.

Me, I don't see myself quitting on Uncharted 2 for a while, sure I have my rage moments where I curse ND but despite the faults they have made I am still having a blast playing it.

But I do have to admit I miss partying up with you guys, almost everytime I get on you are playing different games (MAG, CoD, Castle Crashers) or you're already in a full party.

Reo, this almost describes exactly how I feel about the game right now. Not many people play anymore, which restates that the OG crew (for Uncharted at least) is dead in the water.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 pm

I wish I could say I still enjoy the multiplayer, but I'd be lying. I'm an impatient person as it is - I had to push myself to make it as far as I did - but when you add all these problems on, I just don't have fun with the game anymore. When I stop and ask myself while playing a game whether I'm actually having a good time, and the answer is no, I think it's time to move on, at least for a while.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Playing MW2 made me like this game again. Not to say that MW2 is bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 pm

If anyone is interested in playing with me on Saturday, I have a new booster setup that is sure to raise some hate-mail(hopefully) Situational Awareness+Shotgun+Launchman/Rocketman. Only thing is, I'm not gonna use Sitch or pick up the rocket/grenade launcher. (except on the Fort I always go for teh RPG on that one) I just wanna see how much hate mail I can get in one week just with that setup lol
Back to top Go down
Hollorr-ween
Second Nation
Hollorr-ween

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:42 pm

i for one love this game...and to be honest i think this is going to be the only game i play at least until uc3 comes out( i might get the new 007 game when i find out a little more about it) but to be honest im not online nearly as much as the rest of you...so i enjoy my playing time...and whether its with you guys or not(even though i still would prefer to play in a party with you guys even though silver is the only one who plays it now)i still think this is the best game ever even with its faults...but every game has its faults..but you have to give naughtydog thier dues for this being thier 1st multiplayer game its pretty damn awesome Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:25 am

Hollorr wrote:
i for one love this game...and to be honest i think this is going to be the only game i play at least until uc3 comes out( i might get the new 007 game when i find out a little more about it) but to be honest im not online nearly as much as the rest of you...so i enjoy my playing time...and whether its with you guys or not(even though i still would prefer to play in a party with you guys even though silver is the only one who plays it now)i still think this is the best game ever even with its faults...but every game has its faults..but you have to give naughtydog thier dues for this being thier 1st multiplayer game its pretty damn awesome Very Happy= :D

QFT (quoted for truth)
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top