Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 am

One game that actually get morality choices pretty f***ed up.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:22 am

Stopped questing to do some exploring and raided a vipers camp, a lot of nice loot there, all of them especially the leaders had valuable armor and will be worth a good number of caps back at gun runners Wink .

Also, why are stimpaks so overpriced ??, 98 caps each really breaks the bank !!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Feck Deathclaws !!

Trying to clear out the quarry right now and even with my anti-material rifle it's VERY difficult, it takes 4-5 shots per Deathclaw and it's DPS is far too low. I need a quick strategy to killing them. The're kind of OP , too much health, take down too much HP per attack and are too fast lol.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:16 am

1.) Go get Boone.
2.) Point Boone at Deathclaws.
Done.
Laughing

Okay, not quite. Still, he's an excellent companion with a funny habit of killing absolutely everything before you know it's there. You'll just be walking along and the game will suddenly shift to the closing scene of a monster getting its head blown off.
First you'll be all Shocked
But then you'll be like Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 394488
Before you finally settle on Laughing

They're not OP, they're just powerful, and they're supposed to be.
The trick to clearing the Quarry is a good sniper rifle, a good bit of Sneak (Stealth Boys work), and being as far as you can get from them and still be in range. Again, Boone helps you pour on the damage at a safe distance. If you want you can try to sneak closer and then back away while laying mines before you snipe the Alpha or the Matron. If you're having trouble with the normal Deathclaws though, just give up for now.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:49 am

Well unfortunately I accidentally made boone kill an innocent in the side quest so he's out Sad. I've given up on the quarry only to realise how little progress I've made today, about 2 hours played and only finished 1 side quest Shocked . This faction thing is really annoying me, I chose the legion but it's really hard as I want to get to lvl 30 on this character yet the NCR has so many more side quests available and populate most of the Mojave , also, most of the side quests that net you the trophies are NCR related !!, annoying.

I have decided to finish the legion questline, then do one or two DLC's to help me reach at least lvl 30, then make a new character and go for a "good guy" and do the NCR stuff. I am trying to be both good and bad at the same time here and, of course, it's not working.

In regards to the DLC's, will it matter if I am a legionnaire for any of them ?

Also, is there a quicker way to lvl up ?, I have heard of people being lvl 20 + before even reaching New Vegas and I just don't see how that's possible because I am not even lvl 18 yet I have done 30 quests and discovered 70 locations including many quests/locations in Vegas itself.

EDIT: Alright, feck this game !!, now the legions hate me !!, now what do I do ??, what did I do ??, this stupid faction thing really pisses me off, one stumble and you muck up a whole questline and I'm not backtracking another few hours, what a waste of a game session, I've gotten NOTHING done on this the whole day. It has been just going downhill the last few hours with getting hated for no reason by every faction, I am neutral apparently with a certain locale, I fast travel there for a quest and they kill me as soon as I reach the place ???, why ???, wtf is wrong with this system/game ??, now I can't do any quests except the wild card main quests !!!. I have no idea why certain groups just become hostile for no reason, am I just lucky to come across so many bugs/glitches on this character ???. So I was thinking "this can't get any worse can it ?", well lo and behold, I reload my save an hour back and have to do a small section again only to be hit with the worst slowdown I have EVER experienced in a video game, so off goes the PS3 for the night, damn I'm pissed off with this at the moment, last day of the holidays officially sucked.
END OF RANT
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 am

Whoa, there. Hold your chocobos, Mitch. I believe that doing the Wild Card quests does tick everyone off. Other than that, were you wearing any NCR armor? What was the last quest you did? Who was your companion?

None of the DLCs require anything, but your faction might have an effect on the Lonesome Road one, or vice versa. You can tick off everyone, no one, or one specific faction.
For the rest, just meet the level recommendations. You're on 18, so you're good for most of them. The Dead Money quest can also slightly effect your companion Veronica.
The recommended order is Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and then Lonesome Road.

Starting to get the slowdown, huh? Yeah, that happens. It's why I've never gotten to finish.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Yea sorry about that, I was in Rage mode last night lol. Yea I actually never did do a wild card quest but I did start it so maybe even that set all the hate off ?, no I wasn't wearing NCR armor when I entered the fort., also I have no companions after losing casse in an area and forgetting to go back for her Sad .

I might just start a DLC or something to let off some steam, either that, go on with the wild card quests or just explore some more.

In regards to the lag, the game runs fine most of the time but once every 1-2 hours I go into a certain area and it becomes unplayable. I reload the same area after quitting and it's fine so I guess it's random, most of the time the game runs smooth so that's good I suppose. I was just pissed off about it last night especially because of the situation I was in that's all.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 am

The Deathclaws in the Quarry. I used to find a place like a big crane or a part of the place they can't get to me from.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:35 am

Yea I tried that but the average draw distance for enemies stops me from killing them all, also, some tend to get stuck behind objects out of sight unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:37 am

I will point out it took me more than ten tries to clear it out though.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 am

Lol, deathclaws are tough feckers alright, I've given up for now but I'll be back !!.

They really are pretty lame enemies, too fast and far too much health for their damage output, but oh well , at least they look cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:46 am

They are better left like that I think, can't have survival be too easy.

You can lower the difficulty if it becomes to much of a hassle. Doesn't really make em weaker in strenght, but does make em easier to kill.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 am

Na, give it a little time and I'll be able to concur them !! (not sure about the legendary deathclaw though Razz)
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:50 am

Got him. He was a wanker to get but I got him.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:52 am

I read about you're dead wind cavern experience earlier in this thread , let's just say I'll have at least cleared out the quarry before I go for clearing out that cave Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 am

Ah yes the anti material Rifle with incendiary rounds... I miss that gun... I kinda miss the character too... Might just reload him up and see what's what on there... Also gotta go back to replaying my more recent one maybe...
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Legendary Deathclaw was easier than the packs of deathclaws I randomly encountered in the wilderness. I don't remember why. Maybe it got stuck on something or maybe it was just because I was using an awesome gun by the point I got brave enough to fight it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

If you've got Wild Wasteland going then you can encounter one in the Old World Blues DLC named Stripe (yes, after the gremlin). It's the size of a dog but has the full stats of an Alpha Deathclaw. Thing nearly tore me to bits when I wandered in on it. Escaped by jumping on a nearby merry-go-round and dancing along the top bars, slowly pinging it to death.

And then there's Rawr in Lonesome Road. You can have the best stats and equipment and he will still mess you up. Must've redone that fight ten times. pale
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 am

Heard about that one too, apparently he has even better stats than the legendary deathclaw Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:01 am

Might just cave and get the GOTY edition.
You know ever since Gotye came out with their "Somebody that I used to know" I can't look at Game Of The Year Editions without thinking of it.

I abhor that song now.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 am

The woman singing in that song is an NZ artist too Very Happy= :D

Gonna play a bit of honest hearts now maybe, you tried any DLC yet Liam ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 am

Haven't got a single one of them, no internets.

Being playing my recent one last night, my level 9 good guy (for about 5 minutes, got bored of him) and my level 13 bad guy (Yippee kay ay muthaf****). Doing the BOS stuff then I'm gonna be all "I like your stuff. *Cocks shotgun*" then pay a visit to Caeser and the Republic dudes. Bitches keep sending assassins after me, gonna have words.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 am

Just looked up Rawr on the wiki and FECK !!, 350 damage !!, that'll take me at full health down with one swipe and he has nearly as much health as the legendary deathclaw, dunno how you would beat that guy !

Last edited by Mitchell on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 am

Mines, nukes and headshots?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:19 am

just played a little Honest Hearts, me likey !!, burned man, big new area and a bunch of new quests what's not to like ?.

I would go ahead and pick up the GOTY Edition, the DLC's have a lot of content in them judging from the wiki and HH so far...
Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top