Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Yeah, I just got an Ultimate version with all of it in there. Way cheaper than buying the game and each DLC. Did the same thing with Fallout 3. Probably do the same with the next fallout.
My girlfriend bought it for me a few months back and it was like 15 bucks or something ridiculously cheap for the base game.

She also got me the regular FO3, which was like 8 bucks. Then the DLC were still $10 each, so I bought the GOTY edition for like $10 online.

And they probably wonder why DLC sales drop off so quickly.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:33 am

LOL I set it up today and this afternoon Mass Effect 2 was delivered. See ya in a while New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 am

I may start this bad boy up tonight. Basically done with Arkham City and I need a break from Demon's Souls. Got about a month before exam preparations begin so that should leave me enough time to get into another big RPG, don't like playing them when I have study to do Wink.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:10 am

I started this bad-boy up a week or so back, about 8 hours in and about to enter the New Vegas Strip. Loving it so far and done quite a few quests already, though had to sell everything I could to get enough to get onto the strip so yea, really struggling for caps atm and don't know how to improve that situation.

Got plenty of weapons and stimpaks tho so that's going good. Had some horrible lag in the city , even worse than Fallout 3, not this again !!!, why is it starting this early !!, fast traveled out asap and it fixed itself but damn.....
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:22 am

Hmmm make caps, I pretty much killed everything and sold everything. Junk, clothes, animal bits, weapons, armours. I think at one stage I was worse than raiders or the Legion.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am

Snow Globes are a good source of money.
Each one you turn in is worth 2000 caps.

Other than that, yeah, what Liam said. Search every corpse, and take all you can carry to the nearest vendor. Early game, cartons of cigarettes sell quite well for their weight, as do individual packs, so pick them up wherever you find them.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 am

Still struggling for caps but got myself a few nice weapons now. Did a few more quests and reached lvl 11. Would've liked there to have been some sort of instructions for Blackjack and roulette but oh well. Split the story and hard-saved my game just before that so I can do each ending/pathway separately, starting with the wild card quests first Wink .
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Wow you went straight to the endings fast.

I put off actually entering the strip until like the last possible minute when I was like 60 hours into the game. But that's because I know once I do the ending I won't want to play the sidequests as much.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:02 am

I haven't found a huge number of side quests so far anyway, I've done only 6-7 or so .
Just like that, today I completely ran out of stimpaks facing a hoard of giant fire geckos !!, only barely survived .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:42 am

You must not be looking around very much. lol
It's hard to turn over a rock without finding a sidequest or 5. Laughing
Have you been talking to everyone you meet? That's the best way to get them.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:33 am

Yea I have been exploring all dialogue options when talking to people, granted, I've only discovered 32 locations so maybe that's why, there will be time for exploring later though, atm I'm at Ceaser's camp and prob going to kill Mr House sometime in the future.

I took a look at the wiki and damn there's a ton of side quests in this game !, I really need to get started . I may just try and at least get most of the base game done and save the DLC's for another time (external exams coming up in a few months). Since there is a lot more content in this than I thought !!. I should have been better prepared lol.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:09 pm

You are not yet ready, grasshopper.
Yoga

If you intend to go and play all the endings, then you might as well skip most of the sidequests for now anyway (aside, perhaps, from the few faction specific ones).
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Destroyed Mr House's bunker then went to he Lucky 38 to kill him and ended up being slaughtered by his robot guards as soon as I entered !. I retreated, heavily wounded and no stimpaks. Now I am off to buy more stimpacks and then I'm going to explore the Mojave some more, really struggling with caps, stims and good weapons. Found a few more side quests too so maybe I will do a few of them too, we'll see.

EDIT: Been doing some exploring and came across my first cazadors, a group of 3. I hate them already, poisoned me and I'm losing health fast, how long does the effect last ?, don't want to burn through all 10 of my stimpaks !!. Also got a ton of ammo for my weapons so well stocked in that department.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:54 am

Survived the cazadore encounter with only a few stimpaks used, saved my game than went up over the hill, I hear the "creature encounter" music starting again, expecting more cuzadors I turn around hearing my companion Casse shouting "we need more firepower" and see a blind deathclaw fast approaching, 2 hits in the space of a second and I'm dead, was hoping my first deathclaw encounter wouldn't be this soon.

Reloaded the save and found my weapons hardly dented his health, also saw there were another 5 or so blind deathclaws plus baby ones behind him so went back to my last save, went over another hill above their nest and found a nice spot and proceeded to kill the entire group as they couldn't reach me !. It used up every bullet in every gun I had though Sad .

Last edited by Mitchell on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:53 am

^Luls^
effing Cazadores. Hate those things.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 am

The're too effing fast !!!. Side quests really starting to roll in now, have stopped exploring to cut through my backlog . I had 6000 caps, now I only have 4000, only 1000 caps worth of loot earned and spent 3000 on refueling ammo and buying 20 stimpacks at 98 caps each Shocked . Still need help with obtaining caps I guess facepalm2
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 am

Whats your Barter set to? Are you playing on the Hardcore mode?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am

You kind of shot yourself in the foot by killing House before you handed in all the snow globes. That was 2000 caps per globe you know. You're going to miss those if you go buying the stat increases from the clinic at 4000 apiece.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 pm

My barter is 55 now and yeah I might have but you have to do it for 2 of the endings so that's just a price I have to pay to see them.

Where's that clinic you were talking about ?

Did a lot of side quests last night, now I'm level 15 !
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 New_Vegas_Medical_Clinic_loc

You can only get as many (nonDLC) implants as you have points in Endurance. And no, the point you can get in Endurance for them doesn't let you get another one, darn the luck. You can take Intensive Training and increase your Endurance that way though.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Also, monkey meant 20,000 caps per snowglobe, not 2000.

Also, it's hilarious reading your updates, Mitch. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Don't tease the poor kid. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 am

I'm going to jump back on soon Wink.

Discovered Dead Wind Cavern while exploring last night and was thinking "isn't this the deathclaw cave ?', went in, yip it is ! pale , got out asap lol.
Also got attacked by a group of powerful legion soldiers with respectively powerful weapons, had to use all my smg ammo w/ a few chems to take them all down, nice loot though.
Dunno why but I bought an anti-material rifle plus ammo fron gun runners to help with killing deathclaws scratch . I then wasted 1000 caps by selling my metal armor (got legion elite armor from the soldiers who attacked me) , wearing the legion armor and realsing that everyone would start attacking me and I was trying to be friends with teh NCR etc, had to buy my armor back but bought the enhanced metal armor by accident which cost 1200 caps facepalm2 , at least it's got a higher DT Laughing . Now only 1000 caps left or around there Puzzled
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 am

It's the kilts. People keep thinking you're in a skirt and everyone in Vegas and the outlying areas don't like men in skirts. Very close minded people.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Fallout: New Vegas - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:32 am

I've settled on doing the Legion's questline first, though it's hard being Ceaser's minion !!
Back to top Go down

Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top