Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Endlo- wrote:
Nice to meet you Fawlty. I'm sure that we'll cross paths sooner or later, and I look forward to getting to game it up with you, and hang out.

BoH refers to Badges of Honor. These are "grey" boosters, with detrimental effects, that you'll earn during your numeral levels, from 51 to 58.

They have a few different negative effects. Veiled, for instance, removes your blindfire reticle. It's not a very harmful booster, but it's also the least worthwhile Badge to use. It's the only one that requires a gimmick, to your kills, demanding 5 blindfire kills, to earn a Half-Blind medal.

The next Badge you'll come across is Invalid, at 52. This reduces your health to 50%. For every five kills you earn, under any circumstance, you'll receive a Get Off My Lawn medal.

At 54, you'll earn yourself the Half-Loaded booster. Pretty straightforward, it reduces the clip-size of any weapon you use, to half of it's original capacity. Every 5 kills you earn with Half-Loaded equipped, will earn you a Miserly medal.

Upon achieving level 57, you'll earn yourself the Glass Jaw booster. While you have Glass Jaw active, melee combat does twice as much damage to you. One hit, and you're out. For every 5 kills you earn with Glass Jaw, regardless of circumstance, you'll earn yourself a Duck and Weave medal.

Finally, at 58, you'll earn your last Badge of Honor, called Come Get Some. Come Get Some, while in use, lets opposing players see your name through walls, similar to being seen with Situational Awareness. It's also a permanent broadcast though, so as long as you're within a certain range, your name will appear through walls. 5 kills with Come Get Some earns you an Egomaniac medal.

The draw to Badges of Honor is two-fold, for most people. Those medals are worth quite a bit, so there's a large draw for players to use them, when they want to earn far more money than is typically possible, without using BoHs. The other draw to using Badges of Honor, is that they strengthen your gameplay, because you're putting yourself under self-imposed handicaps.

Half Loaded is going to force you to steady your aim, and to make sure you make your shots count. After using it for a while, you'll see your aim start to improve, more and more, to compensate, and you'll also gain some perspective, on when it's appropriate to pursue a target, or to start fire, or when it's appropriate to let them go, or to wait for them to expose themselves, and guarantee yourself the kill.

Invalid, is probably one of the biggest boosters for learning, because it's so severe. You're twice as easy to kill, and you're going to have to change your gameplay quite a bit, to achieve success while using it. It's going to teach you how to move around a map quietly and effectively, and you'll pick up some subtle tricks, to doing so, along the way. You'll also quickly learn that you'll have to make sure you start every confrontation with the upper hand, and you'll soon reinforce those habits into your play, even without having BoHs on. Things like attacking from unconventional angles, flanking, using teammates as a distraction, or my favorite, cornershooting, are all things you'll start to add to your arsenal of tricks, to increase your survivability. Also, you're going to learn to hate the 92-FS and the FAL, while using this booster.

And, since I'm sure someone *cough*Silver/Static*cough* is gonna bring up my beloved trashtalk, some people use Badges of Honor because we're egotistical jerks. Glass Jaw and Half Loaded is one of my favorite booster set-ups to use, and of course, it gives me a platform to brag from, with using two Badges, quite often, to an opposition's two "positive" boosters.

geez Endlo, you've made me want to go back and pick up Invalid and Half Loaded again lol, only time I ever really used them was in plunder matches so I didn't really get their full benefits for my skills
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Reo wrote:
Fawlty, I just finished watching that cinema you sent me.
Not trying to sound cocky, but that guy has to be the worst high level guy I have seen.
He was playing nothing but low levels and whored the PW (Hammer/RPG) and still got owned.

Then he glicthed with the FAL and still struggled to get any kills.

I'm not going to comment any further since I only have bad words for that guy right now, but you should report him to Sony, Fawlty.

2 questions I guess:

- Is it even possible to combat glitching during a deathmatch or am I at their mercy?

- What are the proper channels to report someone as a glitcher to Sony?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 pm

I can only answer the first one for you Fawlty, the only way to combat glitching in any kind of game mode is to learn the glitches yourself, Reo knows them and he kind of annihilated some idiot who kept going into the glitch again and again, even though Reo was waiting for him every time, did it like 5 times before he finally got the message and I got 3 kills on this guy as he tried to glitch and after he gave up on glitching I kind of destroyed almost every time, if it weren't for my using of CGS I would have destroyed him every time I saw him
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 pm

That's not the only way, although it is one way to go about handling them. Silver and I have both killed glitchers with grenades, as well, because the blast can clip through the buildings in which they are hiding. Sometimes the blast is fatal, and sometimes it simply knocks them back far enough, to fall to their deaths, and they'll respawn inside of the map.

I want to say that reporting them to Sony will do something, but unfortunately, the truth is that it's pretty fruitless. Naughty Dog themselves have said that they can't/are unable to do anything to people who are reported, and there are multiple cases of high level, and well known players, who are repeat offenders, and they're still active, despite being reported to Sony multiple times.

Most glitchers are harmless. I won't play the name game, but those of you who played actively with Vash and I might recognize the rivalry, and he was....absolutely awful. I mean, standing behind a wall, and taking well over a clip of FAL ammo for one kill is pretty embarrassing for a high level player. Most simply can't muster enough of a threat to really disrupt the game, beyond making it a 4 on 5, but even then, you're usually still fine. Just roll with it, and take the bad with the good, and if they're disruptive enough to be a threat, just leave.

We've even won games, because of glitchers. Some of my favorites have been in Elminations, and we've simply killed their legit players, and just stayed away from the zones where we would have been in danger, and won because we had the number advantage. The one where Charlitos, Prizma and I were moonwalking all over the Fort has to be the best. They just...couldn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 pm

I've never won an elimination game based on numbers when a round ends, always ends in a tie for me
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am

I remember that game on the fort. They where a bunch of semi-respectable levels but this one guy was quite dense. He effectively removed himself from the game. The other made himself completely immobile and the others where terrible enough that we basically could have rushed through the middle of the map.

I love killing glitchers through walls. So much easier than actually going into them.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 am

I'm gunning for streaks at the moment , trying to consistently get kills without dying 10 times . GGs btw Wolf Cub .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:05 am

Mitch I bet you can't get a kill but die 10 times in a row I'm pretty sure you're in the middle of a nightmare, you're too good to get that kind of stuff, unless you are dealing with a 5 person party of 4 level 80s and one level 60/70 something where one 80 was using DtI/FF and the rest were using SA and some varied bottom booster, I went something like 4-11, they beat us like 50-9, all I know is that this one game would have been different if it had been our group of you, Leo, Charlitos, Reo, Turtle, and myself (yeah, I know its six people but we had a number of different people on that day)
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 am

Vrals597 wrote:
I can only answer the first one for you Fawlty, the only way to combat glitching in any kind of game mode is to learn the glitches yourself, Reo knows them and he kind of annihilated some idiot who kept going into the glitch again and again, even though Reo was waiting for him every time, did it like 5 times before he finally got the message and I got 3 kills on this guy as he tried to glitch and after he gave up on glitching I kind of destroyed almost every time, if it weren't for my using of CGS I would have destroyed him every time I saw him

Another silly acronym question...I'm sure it's a booster, but what is CGS again?

Endlo- wrote:
That's not the only way, although it is one way to go about handling them. Silver and I have both killed glitchers with grenades, as well, because the blast can clip through the buildings in which they are hiding. Sometimes the blast is fatal, and sometimes it simply knocks them back far enough, to fall to their deaths, and they'll respawn inside of the map.

I want to say that reporting them to Sony will do something, but unfortunately, the truth is that it's pretty fruitless. Naughty Dog themselves have said that they can't/are unable to do anything to people who are reported, and there are multiple cases of high level, and well known players, who are repeat offenders, and they're still active, despite being reported to Sony multiple times.

Most glitchers are harmless. I won't play the name game, but those of you who played actively with Vash and I might recognize the rivalry, and he was....absolutely awful. I mean, standing behind a wall, and taking well over a clip of FAL ammo for one kill is pretty embarrassing for a high level player. Most simply can't muster enough of a threat to really disrupt the game, beyond making it a 4 on 5, but even then, you're usually still fine. Just roll with it, and take the bad with the good, and if they're disruptive enough to be a threat, just leave.

We've even won games, because of glitchers. Some of my favorites have been in Elminations, and we've simply killed their legit players, and just stayed away from the zones where we would have been in danger, and won because we had the number advantage. The one where Charlitos, Prizma and I were moonwalking all over the Fort has to be the best. They just...couldn't do anything.

I'll try the grenade thing next time for sure. I really don't give a rats ass about glitchers but I guess I don't know how to effectively cover myself from them. Because they can shoot through the level and what not when I start getting hit I kind of just panic and don't know what to do. However, I'm also too stubborn to give up on that particular game just because of some ass, but admittedly when watching my first match with that glitcher I was one of his prime targets...just couldn't get away from the guy!

Gonna be on tonight after work guys! Looking forward to partying with ya!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am

don't worry Fawlty, you are knew to this game so you're confusion with many things is understandable, CGS stands for Come Get Some, I personally can tough it out with a glitcher because they usually run out of their ammunition very quickly, normally because their aim sucks, and they have to kill themselves to get more ammunition, that is when you bring them down, its also funny killing glitchers as they try to do the glitch, I did a fair amount on the temple once with Reo, fun times, just wish I had had a mic, then it would have been like 20x funnier lol
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 am

It's actually starting to sound kinda fun. Next time I'm in a match with a glitcher he/she is going to be my main target!

Dammit gotta get a mic too. Think I'm just gonna go ahead and order the Sony bluetooth one.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 am

I play a lot of computer games as well as a lot of PS3 games so I need a mic that will work for both, I need to try and get a USB one from somewhere, maybe the one from BestBuy that Charlitos was talking about, I might have to wait for college before I get one, though, my dad is afraid of me "talking with strangers" lol, like I don't do that already, I'm doing it right now! lol
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 am

To be honest, the best thing to do when encountering glitchers is to just leave the game.
Set an example and don't hand free kills to those scumbags.

However, since I have played this game for so long, I sadly remember some PSN ID's and there are a few that I just have to get when I see them, haha. Kind of like my own personal vendetta. That's why I decided to learn how to glitch, just to piss them off.

If I'm on tonight we can get a few customs going and I'll show you where to throw your grenades to get them and also where to take cover/how to react when facing glitchers.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

Can I get a rain check on that? I doubt I'll be on tonight, now that midterms have started I spend 90% of my time studying
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
I play a lot of computer games as well as a lot of PS3 games so I need a mic that will work for both, I need to try and get a USB one from somewhere, maybe the one from BestBuy that Charlitos was talking about, I might have to wait for college before I get one, though, my dad is afraid of me "talking with strangers" lol, like I don't do that already, I'm doing it right now! lol

Hey Vrals what's the difference between a bluetooth mic and USB? Is it just that you can use the USB on both the PC and PS3 whereas you may not be able to use the bluetooth one on your PC?

My biggest issue with that is a potential cord...however, when considering headphones it seems like the cheapest options (that include a mic) are the ones that are corded.

Reo wrote:
To be honest, the best thing to do when encountering glitchers is to just leave the game.
Set an example and don't hand free kills to those scumbags.

However, since I have played this game for so long, I sadly remember some PSN ID's and there are a few that I just have to get when I see them, haha. Kind of like my own personal vendetta. That's why I decided to learn how to glitch, just to piss them off.

If I'm on tonight we can get a few customs going and I'll show you where to throw your grenades to get them and also where to take cover/how to react when facing glitchers.

Sounds good Reo! Sucks that by the time I get home from work it's already like 3am where you live! What exactly is your time difference? I think i'm -7 GMT, which is MST or Mountain Standard Time. Currently it's 12:15pm here.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 pm

I do hope we can get a party going today . I want to RAGE ! Smile .
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Vrals597 wrote:
Can I get a rain check on that? I doubt I'll be on tonight, now that midterms have started I spend 90% of my time studying

Haha, of course buddy. School comes first Smile

Fawlty__Towers wrote:

Sounds good Reo! Sucks that by the time I get home from work it's already like 3am where you live! What exactly is your time difference? I think i'm -7 GMT, which is MST or Mountain Standard Time. Currently it's 12:15pm here.

I think I'm GMT+1, so it's safe to say that whenever we get to play, it's WAY past my bedtime, haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Fawlty__Towers wrote:
Vrals597 wrote:

Hey Vrals what's the difference between a bluetooth mic and USB? Is it just that you can use the USB on both the PC and PS3 whereas you may not be able to use the bluetooth one on your PC?

My biggest issue with that is a potential cord...however, when considering headphones it seems like the cheapest options (that include a mic) are the ones that are corded.

the bluetooth one is wireless and the USB isn't, I also think that the USB one is around the ears while the bluetooth one is just a hook around one ear

GGs Silver and Mitch, that Plaza one was crazy, 6th nation versus the world lol
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Just like how it was meant to be . Thats the first time in months its been a full sixthnation team in any part of a match . Nice of you to give the game another go silver . You did great .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 pm

yeah, even more impressing that you haven't played it in months
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Heartbreak again , died on 14 kills . HAlf killed a guy with my m4 before he unleashed with his Hammer , good bye Rage Sad .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 pm

you can probably get it in a plunder match lol
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I finally make it on only 1hr after the full party and no one is on! What is up with my luck?!

On another note...I wish there was an option to watch or be a spectator of a match that a friend was in. Maybe they'll add this to UC3!
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm

don't worry Fawlty, we'll party it up again in February, when my midterms are done lol
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Heartbreak again , died on 14 kills . HAlf killed a guy with my m4 before he unleashed with his Hammer , good bye Rage Sad .

if it makes you feel any better I got my first streak the other night...and it was against a whole match of people lower than my level (under 33)! How sad is that? hahaha I almost didn't get the high score for the game! Guns firing
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top