Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:22 am

Yeah, I've thought that ever since they announced that that would be what some of the products that they are going to make for it will be compatable with. No doubt, sometime I'll try it for myself, and hopefully I'll like it. Maybe the Move will make a title that is an online shooter and it will be Move-only. That would be interesting to see how that would work out, and could start a new type of gaming for everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 am

I think SOCOM is going to be Move-heavy, but I can see a lot of potential for playing shooters with Move. In Sports Champions (the game that came with Move), there is an archery game and the aiming felt so precise and natural, I had no problem hitting stuff since I have relatively good aim with a bow in real life. They just need to fix up the turning and sensitivity mechanics for a shooter and I can see it really taking off.

I think today I'll give MAG it's last shot. I'll delete the Game Data, and reinstall it (even though that'll take FOREVER) but if I have a horrid time trying to connect to games, I think I'll put it down for a while. I want to really atleast reach 60 with my SVER character before I give it up, you know?
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:30 am

I want to try Move out so badly. GameStop never has it set up in the store when I go, and all of my buddies are 360 fans. It seems like it has potential with shooters, I just want to be my own judge of that. I wonder how much of a difference the Move will make in games like Killzone 3 where there will be both types of controllers. We'll just have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:46 am

Well, I give up.

I had 1200xp on a Domination, with 4:15 left in the match, and it disconnects on me.
So sorry guys, I won't be seeing anyone around this game in a while.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Turtle, I feel for you. You get the next new game among the nation, and then everyone is done with the game by the time you get it. Laughing

I mean, poor Turtle. Boo.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Well, since I now have this game again, I'll likely hop on to see if its better than what the 1.x days were like
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 pm

I got this, started playing last night, got to Level 4 with a Raven and Level 3 with a SVER. Weird how with a sniper rifle I shoot a guy with a sub machine gun and he doesn;t go down, but he shoots me back with the sub machine gun from a mile away and I'm dead in one hit. Other than that though its not to bad a game.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:08 pm

so who all is still playing this game?
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, there's me, and... actually, I think it's just me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 pm

I play!
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:15 pm

I tried to play again today. Got 4 minutes into a Domination and then I was kicked.
I don't think it's my connection, I've never had a problem playing any other games online. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Didn't you mention having similar troubles with Resistance 2? Could be your console.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:40 pm

I had problems with Resistance 2 with my old PS3 too though.
I hope it's not my console though, this thing is brand new pale
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 am

I never had connection problems or lag with MAG, and I do have them for any other game Shrug

I did a search online and this is what I got:
Spoiler:

Then there are loads of people talking about different routers and options: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have no idea if this is your problem or if these people are accurate in their descriptions, I did a search and found this but I have not had tried it because mine works ok with MAG.

Try doing a search with the name of your router and MAG PS3 after, to see if there is any thread/post out there highlighting an issue.
Shrug
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks Sey, I will try that later today and see if it helps Smile
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Man, I got MAG a few days ago, I joined Valor. What a mistake! It pisses me off how much more dominant S.V.E.R. is then Raven and Valor. orly :orly:
Back to top Go down
qnt3n
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:05 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
Man, I got MAG a few days ago, I joined Valor. What a mistake! It pisses me off how much more dominant S.V.E.R. is then Raven and Valor. orly :orly:

When I played MAG over the summer (traded it in after the update, couldn't stand it), I vetted through all three PMCs. I have to say, I had the WORST time playing on Valor! The guns are pretty average, but that isn't the problem I had. The problem was that the people on Valor just don't listen! I usually chose to be a squad leader, setting FRAGOs and everything, like a SL should be doing. I would specifically SAY to my squad what I wanted done, on a mic, and they would just not listen! We were lucky to get past the bunker phase, even on Raven Domination. I got bored with SVER, we always won and there was really no competition. Raven was my favorite, yeah you ran across those little 13 year olds who didn't know what they were doing, but generally I got put in a squad that got shit done.

What was sad is that I got 4 dollars for trading it in Neutral
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Dang, that's pretty bad.

Well, once I get to my friend's house and can play I'll be able to hop on this. Everyone still rocking SVER?
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:56 pm

I am. I'm not sure how much I'll actually be on PSN the next few weeks. I borrowed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic from my cousin and there's only a little over a week left until Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded hits stateside. So I'm going to be busy on pretty much every system except my PS3. But I say go ahead and send me a friend request and next time I'm on I'll do likewise. If you do see me on, send me an invite. No guarantees, depending on what I'm doing, but odds are I'll be up for some MAG.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Stupid 13 year olds Razz

I'm very glad that I made SVER my choice. I wish that I had a mic that would work with MAG, so that I could have gotten more of the actual experience of the game, communicating with large parties. I actually haven't played one game since I reached level 70. Too many other good games out there to take the cake for me...
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:02 pm

I don't know how much you guys know about the clans in this game, but we just had two of the biggest elite killing clans in MAG queue up 32 vs 32 against each other. [3C] Closed Casket Crew vs. [~^~] The Dark Flock. Between the two clans we have some of the biggest and best killer in the game.

It was probably one of the biggest events of MAG, we had 700 people online watching the live stream, including a Zipper representative, from one of 3C's players perspective and was the first full 32 vs 32 on Sabotage clan battle.

The whole MAG forums seemed to be interested in it with Grevkev writing all of this for it:
Spoiler:

There are bunch of videos being uploaded shortly by members of each team here's one from dotsilver, one of the Dark Flock members. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here was the recording from the live stream [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sorry the quality is so crap, it's recorded from his laptop. Plus initially we weren't sure if we wanted the dark flock to know where he was so the camera was pointing down so you couldn't see the mini map for the start of the first game then we realised that it was about 2 -3 seconds behind actual game time so it didn't affect it too much.

Anyway I had to come here and tell everyone that we [3C] won 2-0 Excited

If only Zipper had put in clan battles, it was some of the best, most intense, fun, exciting gaming I have ever played *sigh*

The only problem was it took an hour to get 2 games and unfortunately 3C ended up defending twice which was a shame because we all wanted to attack, but nobody could be bothered to wait around till we did attack.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Very entertaining, Flight. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy= :D
My compliments to Grevkev, and his interviewees. Good read.

I agree with some of their points too. Clan support in game has been reduced to whatever the players can throw in themselves, be it a short tag or a shared emblem theme. Gone are the days when you actually had to join a clan. Now anyone can just slap your tag on if they think it looks good and ruin your clan's name with camping/spawnkilling/general cheapness. Granted, they could throw it on and play incredibly well and fairly too, but instances of that are rarer.
It's one thing that has me holding out a bit of hope for Resistance 3, but only a bit. I'm not overly familiar with Fall of Man's clan system having only used it a few times, but I never had a problem with it. R2's clan system was nice too until it was mucked up like everything else with the patches. You could apply or be invited, specifically view what clan members were on instead of having to sort through your friends list. I believe you can do this in MAG too. I haven't played much. I hope more games bring this back and improve on it.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:57 pm

That a baby, Flight Wink

Most intense gaming evar!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"   M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter" - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Played my first few matches yesterday....

Best. Game. Ever.

Sure, I get first shot off and the dude turns around and kills me, but I don't care. I'm not the kill dude, I run around, heal, plant, repair, and disarm stuff.
Even though I do need that K/D to go over 1, any tips for 1 v 1's?
Back to top Go down

M.A.G. "Massive Action Shooter"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top