Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:17 am

Im not really good at given pointers, so just take this as a grain of salt-
Try using either the M4A1 or UMP starting out. The default class of "Recon" is pure awesome-sauce and you'll find it very effective Im sure.
Very Happy= :D

Side Note- If you can create a class, try using M4A1 with Perk1-marathon/or sleight of hand Perk2-stopping power Perk3-steady aim
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:27 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Im not really good at given pointers, so just take this as a grain of salt-
Try using either the M4A1 or UMP starting out. The default class of "Recon" is pure awesome-sauce and you'll find it very effective Im sure.
Very Happy= :D

So far I've been using a decent custom class I made using the FAMAS with red dot sight, AT4-HS for those pesky choppers, and Semtex & Flash Grenade as my grenade equipment. For perks I'm using Slieght of Hand, Stopping Power, Steady Aim and for my death streak I've got Painkiller going.

Should I modify this at all?
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:30 am

Everything you're using is fine, one thing I wanna stress is if you're not used to CoD games and its shooting, the FAMAS may be a bit tricky to use, it requires well aiming. If your aiming is not up to par(not fast enough) I suggest the M4 or a similiar automatic rifle. Once you get your aiming down and quick enough, then I would suggest the FAMAS. Just my two cents. Laughing
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Everything you're using is fine, one thing I wanna stress is if you're not used to CoD games and its shooting, the FAMAS may be a bit tricky to use, it requires well aiming. If your aiming is not up to par(not fast enough) I suggest the M4 or a similiar automatic rifle. Once you get your aiming down and quick enough, then I would suggest the FAMAS. Just my two cents. Laughing

Hey your two cents is greatly appreciated. I'll have to give it a try and see what happens, but yes my aiming isn't that good, and this is my first CoD game. I played a bit of 4 but not really counting that. Mind if I sent you a friend request? Perhaps you can help me out with some training sometime, if you're interested that is.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 am

Thats cool dude, not sure how much more I can assist, but we can practice and whatnot like Eatty and I have. Laughing
My friends list is full, so you may get an error message, Ill see who I can take off and Ill send you one. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:48 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
Thats cool dude, not sure how much more I can assist, but we can practice and whatnot like Eatty and I have. Laughing
My friends list is full, so you may get an error message, Ill see who I can take off and Ill send you one. Very Happy= :D

I just sent it, and looks like it went through OK. And thanks again for offering to help, everybody is so nice but I feel like I'm letting them all down sometimes cuz even with their help its like i'm not doing better lol.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:03 am

lol, Rome wasn't built in a day ya know... Laughing
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 am

Spongebobnopants wrote:
lol, Rome wasn't built in a day ya know... Laughing

Yeah, I know...

I just think I should be much better than I'm actually doing after beating the game on the Hardened setting, and after having some exp playing Resistance 1 and 2 online, even though they're much more different than MW 2.
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:38 am

lol
there was too much reading
so i sortah skipped >.<

does anyone know if that nifty ps3 keyboard is compatable with MW2?
because i dont see anywhere in the menues that you can select the keyboard.
unless i gotta redo all the conrols to react with certain keys scratch

i like that M4A1
its cooliez ;P
ahahaha
but i like blowing people up with the noob missile thingo more >=]
except, they start bitching about it =\
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:40 am

I think playing MP versus the story even if its on the hardest difficulty is totally different, cant really transfer your skills onto MP. Its just a different ball game me thinks. Mad
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:00 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
TRVJAG1 wrote:

Dont feel so bad street, im only level 29, and i still think i got the shit weapons. Well, apart from my FAMAS and my barrett but thats not the point, just get use to one weapon, and just stick to it, you'll be as good as me one day.

Anyway, wanna do a couple matches tomorrow?

I feel bad just because I always feel like I'm playing the wrong game, cuz after somewhere around 4 hours of online playtime I've only just barely managed to make it to Lv. 12. Seems like I'm not capable of learning the what not to do's in game and am paying the price for it. I do believe that practice makes perfect, but I find myself having a hard time practicing in the first place when I'm doing so poorly.

But sure, next time you're on at the same time playing together sounds like a good idea. Or maybe not, I'm not too sure yet lol. I have confidence issues and that really gets to me sometimes where I try really hard at something and manage not to succeed.

4 hours of game play got you to level 12. thats still a very good job. And dont worry about doing things wrong in the game modes. you'll learn from your mistakes and one day. kill people the way they killed you. Cool

Anyway, i got to level 34 today. Got the claymores. damn AUB HBAR and the what i call the good shotgun. the striker. The claymores were useless. i didn't see the point in putting them in for my sniper classes. as they didnt kill anyone, but they killed me. The HBAR was ok, but i kept getting blown up by someones predator missile. Mad The striker was awesome, i unlocked while playing my 1st domination game ever. then when the game ended. change my secondary, got ready for next round. i ended up dying twice with my primary because of people camping and running around knifing everyone Twisted Evil Anyway, i ended up spawning next to a building with 3 enemy snipers in it. Luckily i didnt get spotted by there SPAS-12 guard hiding behind the stairweel. went up the stairs. BAM.... BAM..... BAM BAM... all 3 killed. went down the stairs BAM. Got killed Mad

I gave up on 3 of my classes today, i gave up on my FAMAS and Barrett classes as they were getting boring and as i was losing skill in the thermal scope part of it. Got the Heartbeat and Thermal for my SCAR-H today. gave up on that to. was useless when the entire 3 matches i used the SCAR i ended up getting killed by all the snipers and knifers.

I fixed my classes up today to. Now i use the SCAR ( though i disliked it ) with RDS and started camping on domination. Twisted Evil ended up getting my emergancy airdrop ready. Threw the smoke nade. and got killed, im like WTF!!!. The airdrop came with my 4 care packages. 2 of em ended up going over the fence. i was like NOOOOOOOO. 3 of em were predator missiles. 1 was UAV. the UAV and 1 Predator went over. 2 predators stayed, 2 of my team mates ended up taking em. Suspect And so ended up losing ammo to get the killstreak anyway.

My other gun i started using was the M4A1.... very powerful with stopping power pro. then when i used scavenger on it. i never ran outta bullets then BOOM!!! Scavenger Pro.. i was like HELL YEAH!!!. After the match i found out it gives you extra reaload ammo. Awww how nice of activision to put that nice wittle perk in MW2. Anyway. bounce I started getting good killing streaks with the M4. and while i was using Hardline Pro i got my UAV quiker as i die very often. More UAV, more time killing. yeah!!!!

The MP5K is a nice little add to my mixture of new classes. got Rapid Fire today when i first used it. damn it shoots to fast but... killed some people with it but theres one problem with that gun. When you shoot a entire magazine while aiming at a enemy, the bloody gun aims up.. Recoil much?

4th add to my classes ofcourse my new unlock. The AUB HBAR.. now, this gun is quite good for killing but has one small issue, its stock aiming sights. its just so unusual. and boring to. Now i have to get 25 kills for the bloody RDS so i can have happier times killing people without going " OMFG these sights are so gay "

5th one to my collection was a re-attempt at the P90.... i noticed akimbo was available to the P90 and thought. Mmmmmm akimbo. 2 guns. More ammo. More time killing... ohh wait. you cant aim down sites. stuff that idea.

Btw: Is using the Nuke fun?

And Domination... why is it if your team wins or loses. why do i always get about 1000-2500xp in match bonus xp? It seems like they've gone overboard with the reward amount of xp

Lol. Epic Post. cheers
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:13 am

jaggo, you said it uses heaps of ammo for killstreaks

thats usually what happenes when you press the trigger of a gun anywayz Rolling Eyes

anywhoo
i ALWAYS get killed by ,y damn airdrops, then some noob steals them
maybe i shouldnt stand directly where they land next time Laughing
Back to top Go down
TRVJAG1
Sixth Nation
TRVJAG1

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:39 am

SayberBANG! wrote:
jaggo, you said it uses heaps of ammo for killstreaks

thats usually what happenes when you press the trigger of a gun anywayz Rolling Eyes

anywhoo
i ALWAYS get killed by ,y damn airdrops, then some noob steals them
maybe i shouldnt stand directly where they land next time Laughing

Bullets to kill a target with a SCAR-H is about 5-10 bullets in MW2. for me its the full 20 bullets. and if you have not got scavenger or scavenger pro then you'll run outta ammo very fast if you shoot like me.

Josie.. when did you get the care package killstreak. Because ive never seen you get it before. But getting killed by it is very fun. Ran round corner. splat. wtf was that, ended up being my team mates care package
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
Loyalist
Loyalist
SparklyBazongaz,

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:09 am

awk
well it might help to point the end with the hole towards others, not at a wall or yourself Laughing

omg i agree with you there
ahahaha
the emergeny air drop, i got spattered by two boxes =\
ahaha
and then i threw my smoke thingo INTO the building Rolling Eyes reaaly stoopid of me

i didnt get my chopper Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mynameesmorty
Fifth Nation
mynameesmorty

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:38 pm

I need Melee school. This is how I die 90 percent of the time. I just cant seem to get it down. Fawk
Back to top Go down
Deathtolk
First Nation
First Nation
Deathtolk

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:48 pm

if u need melee school come to me bc i have got switch over 150x
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:49 pm

I suck so badly at this game it just isn't funny anymore. I don't even enjoy myself now. End up swearing at the TV and feeling miserable afterwards. Maybe I should just accept the fact that I am inherently crap at FPS games and give up.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:22 pm

NO EATTY DON'T DO IT!!!

I have an experimental class I want people to review for me:

"The Slam"
Riot Shield
Akimbo Rangers
Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
C4
Flash x2

The Riot shield goes on my back for protection (or the front, if necessary), and the rangers provide death from the front (fun gun). Sleight of hand makes sure that I always have ammo, stopping power brings the pain, and steady aim brings the aim. The C4 is for objective games like domination, and flashes make clearing rooms easier.
STRENGTHS: In close quarters, its a power house. The riot shield also makes me harder to kill from certain angles.
WEAKNESSES: Fuundamental lack of range, low ammo capacity of weapons.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mynameesmorty
Fifth Nation
mynameesmorty

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Deathtolk wrote:
if u need melee school come to me bc i have got switch over 150x

Good. Teach me. I think my issue is that I am simply not hitting r3 fast enough. The other guy always seems to get me first. I swear, I went 20-12 today and 11 of the death were all by melee.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Melee runners are kinda annoying (but only because I can't do it).
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:46 pm

running around like the Flash and stabbing everybody is by far the most annoying aspect of this game. Mad
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Especially when they knife you after you put a burst of bullets into them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:31 pm

omega9 wrote:
NO EATTY DON'T DO IT!!!

I have an experimental class I want people to review for me:

"The Slam"
Riot Shield
Akimbo Rangers
Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
C4
Flash x2

Thoughts?

Do the Rangers need Stopping power? Thinking I'd give 'Lightweight' a go instead and use it to get closer range kills myself. Looks like a fun loadout though, keep us updated, 'Mega. Wink
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Will do, and thanks for the suggestions. I'm also considering substituting steady aim for scrambler.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Hey ggs to those I partied with last night.
Nearer to the end, the lag started to get kind of bad. That why I ducked out quick after that smoke break.
Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top