Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 am

Raistlin wrote:
RatchetH22 wrote:
SixHousePull wrote:
Trying. It was nasty yeah. Tons of snow melted in 2 days and its rained non stop since.
Lawns=pudding right now.

On topic, excellent campaign no doubt. Wish the 2nd had been more like the first myself although I did enjoy 2's online more.
Some of the people some of the time I s'pose.

You know my viewpoint on this one. I loved both of the Resistance campaigns. I wouldnt mind #3 returning to the Fall of Man gritty roots though.

I can agree with this.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the color in the second game. I felt that it brought out certain levels. However, it just didn't seem as if humanity was truly doomed yet.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:39 am

I loved the colour and the landscapes in the second game, I just thought the campaign itself sucked.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 pm

I heart both equally Smile

Though I do agree that R1 felt grittier and I really liked that atmosphere. R2 didn't compare to that except in the San Fransisco setpiece (omg....), The abandoned Ohio Town and Parts of Chicago.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:33 pm

I actually kinda miss this game.
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Holly crap … hard was pretty darn hard! Got all the intel on my hard pass (been poking at hard for the last week). Got many skill points to get yet, but got quite a few.

In R2, I did not notice a lot of difference between hard and super-human. I started a new rfom game in super human … NO life regeneration at all! I got to depending on picking up that quarter to survive in hard … I don't think I would ever make superhuman without it.
I jump into R2, superhuman whenever I get a hankering for R2, Just play along, bit of a challenge but no biggy … RFOM holly crap man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:25 am

timpanogos wrote:
Holly crap … hard was pretty darn hard! Got all the intel on my hard pass (been poking at hard for the last week). Got many skill points to get yet, but got quite a few.

In R2, I did not notice a lot of difference between hard and super-human. I started a new rfom game in super human … NO life regeneration at all! I got to depending on picking up that quarter to survive in hard … I don't think I would ever make superhuman without it.
I jump into R2, superhuman whenever I get a hankering for R2, Just play along, bit of a challenge but no biggy … RFOM holly crap man.

On Fall of Man, you do regenerate health on Superhuman...it's just sometimes you take so much damage so quickly it seems like you don't. Laughing

Good luck on it!
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
timpanogos wrote:

On Fall of Man, you do regenerate health on Superhuman...it's just sometimes you take so much damage so quickly it seems like you don't. Laughing

Good luck on it!

Maybe this is something that changed, my my current game is dorked. I've made it to where hale gets infected ... waited for a long time, several times ... never regens?

interesting, its only the very first part of york that you don't regen. As soon as you recover from the infestation (and life bottles become available) you regen seems to enable. Maybe it was this way on all difficulty levels and I just did not notice before?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:20 pm

its like that on all difficulties, the very first level of the game. hale is still human, and humans dont regen Wink
once hes infected he can regen Smile
Back to top Go down
timpanogos
Third Nation
timpanogos

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Well shit on a baby's head, that makes perfect sense now. I suppose I should pay more attention to the story line, instead of just KILL, KILL, kill those aliens!
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Makes you go awfully carefully through those first two scenes though, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:53 pm

yea, those first two can be pretty hard cause of that
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I remembered when I figured that out as well. That first stage was a bitch by the time you got to that final courtyard with under 50% health and no nades or 40's and 4 insanely accurate chimera barrel assing it out of the gate to pwn you. I was SO happy for the regen after getting infected.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Anyone fancy a change of pace from MW2 and wanna jump on FOM? Just had a few games and it's safe to say I suck. Haven't played this for months, forgot what fun it is and how right the lobby system is.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I might hop on. Not sure. Just catching up on everything after getting back into town.
Dude....your avy trips me the Eff out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:18 pm

it think its hawt Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 am

after recently watching the NEW MOON SHOW's vidso podcast I wanna run though the campain again. It was SOO good, and so much fun.

What a great game.

While I like 2 ...I LOVE 1
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Im in the same situation some. I think Im going to dedicate some time this weekend to it.
It was a 1 on 1 with Leo at the Busyard that made me want to thhough.
I did see that clip. The one going through development stages?

Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:29 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
Im in the same situation some. I think Im going to dedicate some time this weekend to it.
It was a 1 on 1 with Leo at the Busyard that made me want to thhough.
I did see that clip. The one going through development stages?

Yeah. Good stuff there
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 pm

It was neat. But I have to say I liked the look of that "carbine" or w/e the early rifle was.

I tried the campaign today.

It froze on me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:21 pm

FoM was my first PS3 game.

I remember that first moment when your VTOL drops you off, and the guy is like, "Hale, you're with me!" And you run out of the landing zone and all these aliens just come at your squad and take down everyone in a few seconds! Then there are about 20 more guys just a little later on, and they all are taken down within seconds and the VTOL falls from the sky and I'm sitting there like affraid

'Twas an amazing moment in my gaming experiences Smile
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:03 pm

gg's tonight, eve! See you on the game soon, I hope. Btw, whatever time it was for you is the usual time I get on & stay until. Sometimes I stay on for about another hour or so. (^_-)b
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:55 pm

THATS COOL BRO!

i had fun too.
i love that game. and the feel.
it was noon here and i usually get up around 11:30. But today was special and i decided to get up early [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
maybe i will do it more often .
See you soon
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Sad Went online last night. Could barely find a ranked game Sad Every custom was one shot kill matches so I couldn't see if I could still do a decent job aiming for the upper body like I used to Sad

Oh well, the music was cool while I waited in the lobby I guess. No
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 pm

When I tried I couldnt even connect to the online
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Raistlin wrote:
Sad Went online last night. Could barely find a ranked game Sad Every custom was one shot kill matches so I couldn't see if I could still do a decent job aiming for the upper body like I used to Sad

Oh well, the music was cool while I waited in the lobby I guess. No

Unranked has been one shot kills for as long as I can remember

I so tried to get back into this game a couple times.
I just dislike weapon spawns a lot.
Back to top Go down

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Back to top