Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:00 am

doom and gloom update: had some really crappy problems with the game freezing up on me today. the first was after i decided to go on a potion orgy ( wait wut? ) and mixed and matched ingredients at random. got 5 levels of alch, countless ingredient unlocks, and cleared out the store clerk of gold. dust my hands off and open the door outside and......nothing!

hard restart, auto save was right before i started the potion making! arrrgggg. so i left and gave the lady the finger and went to the blacksmith to craft some daggers and upgrade my items. got smithing up 6 levels and all my gear up to flawless and it froze!!!!

re did as much smithing as i could and went to save it... and it froze!

re did smithing a third time and the save went through. LORD ALMIGHTY that pissed me off.

banded: save the base daggers, get a crap ton of petty soul stones filled and enchant them. THEN go back to the smith and upgrade them to max, then sell them. that way you are getting enchant levels as well, plus the dagger will be worth something. also if you have a good speechcraft and better prices perks you can buy iron ore, and use the transmute spell to turn them into gold. 2 gold ore = 1 gold ingot. you can turn that into jewelry to raise smithing and then sell.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 am

Running smoother on my main character after the update. Decided to go dragon hunting. First one flew backwards in circles for a while then flew away. Least I think it flew away... All others were okay after that.

If you have already killed a dragon at a dragon location then go back to get the dragon again it doesn't give you a second soul. Still gives you Dragon bone, scales, coin and some loot, but no soul. I like throwing the remains off the mountains though.

Played a bit more with "Archer-Sneaky-Assassin Elf" got her up to level 15 but dang she weak.
Ran into a Dragon Priest while using her, Went through a hundred arrows and 15 health potions. Got a cool mask though, All prices 20% better and water breathing. Something else with it but I forgot. Volsun or something is the name. Going to start the Dark Brotherhood quest with her today. Mostly to find their location for my Dark Elf Liamcifer. Nobody puts out a contract or accepts a contract for him.

*Summons Daedra Lord, Kills Daedra Lord. Lather rinse repeat until at 100*

Monkey where did you say the location of that thunder storm shout was again? East or West of Solitude?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:51 am

Yes.
Razz
East, I believe. Place is called High Gate Ruins. There's a lady in there who'll go with you. Good help, and you get a reward that I personally love if you get her all the way through the dungeon. I think she's marked Essential anyway, but I made sure to keep her healthy.

Alternatively, you could go to a ruin atop a mountain southeast of Riften called Forelhost, I think. Chat with the guy outside to get in.

Last word's from a main story level.
Kinda neat, but I wouldn't bother, honestly. 600 second cooldown on it's highest level. You're much better off with other shouts. I highly suggest Marked for Death. Great shout. Quick cooldown, reduces enemy defense, and adds a DOT (damage over time) effect.
Easily get the first word from Autumnwatch Tower by going straight South of Iverstead and hugging the mountains as it goes to your left. Outside word wall & dragon.
Iirc, the alchemist shop in Windhelm sent me on a quest to where the second word was.
Never found the third.

Since starting my new character, I haven't had a single slowdown or freeze despite extended playing. I think it's because I haven't advanced the main quest to unlocking the dragons. It means doing without shouts, but I'm managing.

Almost done with the Thieves Guild quest. The only other faction quest I've yet to do is the Dark Brotherhood, which I'll get to soon. But of all the questlines so far, I like the Thieves Guild the best. Maybe better than the main quest. (Their side jobs are also the most fun too.)
This one's making a real attempt to tell a story, and succeeding admirably, imho. Plus, this latest set of armor is awesome. Not just for its effects, which are nice, but it also looks great.

I'm also playing an "Archer-Sneaky-Assassin Elf". lol Well, Bosmer Wood Elf anyway. And you're right about them being kind of weak. If I'm sneaking, then everything dies. But in open combat, it's a struggle. Focusing on Conjuration instead of Destruction. Bound Bow kicks butt. Go up through the bound weapons branch of Conjuration and your bound weapons will do more damage, have constant Soul Trap, and the ability to Banish summoned creatures and turn undead on hit. It's very nice. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 am

Have that on my Liamcifer Dark Elf. Bound Bow is powerful. Love how fast Conjuration went up, I actually had to stop using conjuration spells as I wanted my Destruction leveling up along with it. Jumped past it so now I'm focusing on Conjuration again. Dremora Lords be all taking my kills so I have to kill them off as well sometimes. Hard to find good help these days, even the ones you raise or create. Focusing on smithing right now, Wanna see the different armours, currently have it at 73 and only have Elven armours unlocked (o.O) I want mah storm shout for two reasons. 1) Dramatic entrances to towns. 2) Make it rain on them hoes.

My "Archer-Sneaky-Assassin Elf" is a Wood Elf too. Wanna focus some on the pickpocketing cause there is a useful perk that increases your carry capacity as well. Yours Male or Female?

Like where my Fighting Orc is going, Pure Two Handed or Duel welded Axe/Mace Combo with heavy armour and smithing. Dunno what to do with my Argonian... My Lesus Character is still in the special Olympics section, I might just remake him.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Female. I'm thinking like Liam now?
pale
Laughing
Where it's an option, I'll usually play a male character first, then a female on a subsequent playthrough just to see if anything's different.

My Pickpocketing skill just skyrocketed on this character. It's at 51 and is nearly my highest skill even though I haven't really focused on it. Extra Pockets is very handy, and was the reason I even got into the tree at all last time. This time I plan to max it so I can steal equipped weapons. No one shall have swords but me!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Double Post for some important news.

Spoiler:
Source.

Maybe that's why combat is more difficult on this character. I just assumed it was because of the switch to Light Armor. Looks like I'll hold off on getting those Magic Resistance perks.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:25 pm

THATS WHY MY FROST RESISTANCE STUFF WASNT WORKING

i knew something was wrong when i threw my 15% resist shield on and nothing seemed to be changed.

gawd

Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 pm

this makes sense as to why i was getting my ass handed to me by vampire mages last night! what the hell? does anyone test this stuff before putting it out??? ah its r3 all over again, lol!

well i was doing the burned house quest in markath and..... apparently when you pick a lock and enter a house at 9pm the owners try to kill you! so i went outside and a bunch of guards killed the guy... i hope he wasnt important later on. as a side note i looted his corpse of all valuables for even trying to attack me.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Found: Skyrim lolz

Really does need work. If they absolutely have to have your enemies scale, it should be independent of your non-combat skills, or at least have their impact on scaling drastically reduced.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:59 am

Did have that backwards flying dragon. I thought it just crashed into the ground too hard.

Came across my first elder dragon last night. It attacked Dawnstar while I was on a Contract for the Dark Brotherhood, my first contract. And the dragon killed it. Killstealer.

I was wondering why my health was going down faster even though I had greater armour attached (Glass armour all over, upgraded to Legendary.) Strange.

I got me some Ebony Swords. Ebony Swords are sweet looking. I enchanted them, one with fire another with ice. I call them Night and Day and they kill the shit out of anything.

Lols on the comic. I'm coming across the Deathlords more often now. Fuckers keep killing of my Dremora lords easy.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:45 am

was questing to become a bonafide bard tonight and came acrossed a deathlord i believe. he was shouting jibberish at me.

i was kind of freaking out because i wasnt killing him with the standard 3-4 hits like a restless one. then i noticed his cool helmet and pooped myself.

protip for the night: sniping mammoths from an unclimbable perch is a waste of time if you are using steel arrows. spring for the glass.

heres a question for the skyrim knowledge lords: ive found a lunar forge, and the skyforge so far. is there any benefit to crafting on them or are they just eyecandy?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:08 am

Lunar Forge, there should be a book nearby about it but crafting a weapon on it at certain times gives certain effects. During the day give you fire damage, during the night Stamina absorbing.

With the Skyforge I'm not sure, Dragur pops up on my list of crafting on that along with Daedric although I got neither of them unlocked in my smithing perks. Also steel can be created to Skyforge Steel I guess.

Didn't really pay attention to either at the time I just use Whiteruns Black Smith near the gate.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am

so close to dadric armor!!!!! and finally found gloves of smithing, time to make uber weapons The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 486751
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am

Lod wrote:

I got me some Ebony Swords. Ebony Swords are sweet looking. I enchanted them, one with fire another with ice. I call them Night and Day and they kill the shit out of anything.
Should've called them Black Trick and White Joker.

It's a reference to one of my favorite animes, S-cry-ed Razz
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Wow so much stuff to remember. Will I be smart enough to play this game ?? I'll try my best, can I roam around and learn by trial and error ?? I've not played and serious RPG game before. I got Fallout Vegas should I do that first ?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Trial and error is the only way to learn. There's a brief tutorial level, and when a new mechanic arises the take a moment to tell you (ie, explaining how to recharge a magic item when one gets low the first time), but that's it. Half the fun of the game is in learning just what it is you can do. Then doing something completely different.

Jmw566 wrote:
Lod wrote:

Should've called them Black Trick and White Joker.

It's a reference to one of my favorite animes, S-cry-ed Razz
>.>
<.<
S-cry-ed sucked.
Neutral
Had to be said.

On a side note, how come we can't make anything out of Ivory? We have tusks of various kinds.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Well I'm level 4 now, almost 5. I'm only a couple hours in and in LOVE! I made a Breton and am focusing on conjuration... and loving it! I am working on other skills as well, but my main focus will be conjuration.

I just got my first word of power (quest from the guy in the first town trade shop)... now to figure out to do with it, lol. I know I will find out when I return the key.

I find it is taking me forever to get anywhere because I am obsessed with picking flowers.

That's all for now, time to but the girls to bed so I can play some more Skyrim!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:04 pm

A minor spoiler, you have to slay your first dragon before you can use your new word. Just keep following the main quest until then.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:06 pm

I figured as much, and can't wait for that to happen, but thank you for the information (always welcomed). I will keep questing like a fiend. I love questing. Goals give me a sense of accomplishment (part of the training seminar I just got back from lol)!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:07 pm

New patch next week. Should fix the resistance issue and the dragons. They say they plan to keep supporting the game as well further down the line with patches and fixes. Hoping they really go through with it.

Source.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:44 pm

ive run into a few dragons that are being raised by the main evil one, ive killed them. is this going to affect the main story line ?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 pm

not that im aware. i killed a dragon and then as i was walking past its burial mound 5 mins later it was resurrected by alduin again. i know it was the same dragon cause it had the same name. starts with a V

killed the red eagle today. wasnt too hard. almost got my mage friend killed twice. thank god for healing hands. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Speaking of dragons me ran into a Elder Dragon and after a epic one sided battle of the werewolf kind me killed it. Waiting till the beast form ended me searched the dragon and this is what me got
500 gold coins
1 steel battle axe
1 flawless ruby
3 dragon bones
3 dragon scales
1 dragonscale armour
1 dragon scale boots

Since when do dragons make armour from themselves?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:34 pm

dragon ate a guy with that armour?
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 25 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 pm

thanks for killing the one dragon in the world that has a blacksmithing shoppe set up in its guts dingo! Smile

have anyone come across daedra to fight? i found a shack of people who are crazy about killing them but wont give me any quests.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top