Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 pm

i may be getting this today if i do should i do the update or wait till next week and update then?
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:00 am

id wait to get 1.02 update. that way you can have magical resistance still intact and working Smile cant tell you how much i hate having my flame killing dragon set not working right now.

i didnt have any slowdowns or problems till i hit about lvl 22, and that took me almost two weeks to do.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 am

ok so i now have this game let the killing and looting begin cheers
i had to trade alot of games in to get it though 7 games=$65
so it came down from $90 to $22 = win for me
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 am

RHYN0X wrote:
Well I'm level 4 now, almost 5. I'm only a couple hours in and in LOVE! I made a Breton and am focusing on conjuration... and loving it! I am working on other skills as well, but my main focus will be conjuration.

I just got my first word of power (quest from the guy in the first town trade shop)... now to figure out to do with it, lol. I know I will find out when I return the key.

I find it is taking me forever to get anywhere because I am obsessed with picking flowers.

That's all for now, time to but the girls to bed so I can play some more Skyrim!

Lol a flower picking Necromancer.
You will find yourself figthing your pack rat urges very soon.

CobaltMonkey wrote:
New patch next week. Should fix the resistance issue and the dragons. They say they plan to keep supporting the game as well further down the line with patches and fixes. Hoping they really go through with it.

Source.

Nice.

Dingo wrote:
Speaking of dragons me ran into a Elder Dragon and after a epic one sided battle of the werewolf kind me killed it. Waiting till the beast form ended me searched the dragon and this is what me got
500 gold coins
1 steel battle axe
1 flawless ruby
3 dragon bones
3 dragon scales
1 dragonscale armour
1 dragon scale boots

Since when do dragons make armour from themselves?

(o.O) They are learning!
Elder Dragons be tough. Feckers barely land for me.

Wadey wrote:
ok so i now have this game let the killing and looting begin cheers
i had to trade alot of games in to get it though 7 games=$65
so it came down from $90 to $22 = win for me

DAFUG! 7 Games!
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:20 am

yep sucks we have high cost for new games and crap trade in as well Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:30 am

ok its time to fire this biatch up think i will go with a Nord or red guard dual wielding
anything i can get my hands on Cool
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:07 am

Haven't got a Nord or Redgaurd character yet. Might do one on the weekend. I like starting off the charaters. That way when I get into playing them I don't have to go through Tutorials again.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 am

well not sure if i like the dual swords cant block so iv gone sword and shield fore now
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:29 am

im currently doing a redguard build. working on one-handed and heavy armour with smithing and destruction. btw if you try to sneak around or fight at range at all, your archery skill pretty much automatically ends up being on of your higher lvl skills. not a bad thing, just wish there were other long range sneak solutions through magic.
youll notice that eventually what happens as you get better gear is that you just run up to an enemy and then hack and slash til you need potions/ healing magic. it essentially turns into the guy with more health wins, if you both do similar dmg to eachother. and remember the block skill (at low lvls) doesnt block all dmg and no magic. i usually rep a one handed item and then a magic (flames, healthing, conjuration usually). SAVE AN MANY LOCKPICKS AS YOU CAN. once you get to whiterun and you explore a little, youll find some rooms with some sweet gear in display cases. make sure you sneak around in hidden state as you open up the cases and take all the cool stuff. i found an eleven sword and a good shield i think. i used the sword til i was lvl 20 befor ei found one that could b smithed to a high dmg output lol. it it wrong that, for me, one handed weapons now do more dmg than two handed weapons? Razz i have a battle axe that does 35 dmg, i havent dound any two hands above 30

i found a "sign" that your game will freeze at the next loading/save screen. if you have a companion and they suddenly become unresponsive (you cant talk to tthem no matter how much you press X) and they just stop walking around/following you, you know your game is going to lock up your system. you better hop you save recently before that lol. it happened to me last night (luckily shortly after i saved)
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 am

Interesting... good advice dude.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 am

Dmick024 wrote:
thanks for killing the one dragon in the world that has a blacksmithing shoppe set up in its guts dingo! Smile

have anyone come across daedra to fight? i found a shack of people who are crazy about killing them but wont give me any quests.

when you go for most of the daedra artifacts you should run into some, i know if you do the quest for the azura star you fight three, and the quest for Mehrune's Razor you fight some. the azura star you start buy going to her shrine at the top of a mountain sout of windhelm.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:26 am

There is one other good place for Information of this sort. The Elder Scrolls Wikia. You can find it on google search. I would put up a link but I don't wanna be tempted to go through it as it is basically an online game guide that is also full of spoilers. So if you do go there, Be careful, you may end up trapped there using it for everything and spoiling something interesting for yourself.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 am

Is there a real purpose to using campanions? Are they really beneficial (besides the obvious bait factor lol)?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 am

Dunno, don't use em, I make dead people fight for me.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:45 am

they have only gotten in my way so ive killed them lol
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:49 am

Good to know, I will stick with my dead people.

As I am only level 4, I haven't had a tonne of experience yet. I assume to raise dead you need a corpse?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:22 am

Yup.
And remember that with your lower level raise spells, the corpse turns to ash once it's downed or its duration ends, so you can only raise it once.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Plenty of other bodies to create though.
Back to top Go down
Valkurie
Fifth Nation
Valkurie

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:32 pm

I finally started playing skyrim .. hope to get some time in this weekend while the bro is working...... pretty impressed so far!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 pm

When your brother says it is his turn just tell FUS RO DAH!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:19 pm

RHYN0X wrote:
Good to know, I will stick with my dead people.

As I am only level 4, I haven't had a tonne of experience yet. I assume to raise dead you need a corpse?

they arent completely useless. theyre helpful when you fight 3+ people or against tough enemies. sneaking with them around is nearly impossible though. if you plan to sneak. tell then to stay where they are and STFU for 2 seconds so that you can snipe a couple people with your bow. theyre also good pack mules. find a bunch of cool shit to sell/smith and just dump it all on them if you run out of room. plus it gives you someone to smith semi decent armour/weapons for. i always hate making new weapons/armour and then just going and selling it off right away. i gave my mage some nice dwarven boots, gauntlets and a shield along with some weapons that i couldnt sell/didnt need. now she has a decent chance to survive a close quarters situation. they made the AI for them pretty good in combat. they will use various weapons depending on the situation, though they usually fall back to their default whenever they can. my mage consistently uses her magic at longer ranges but switches to a staff i have her that does 50 dmg and sets the ground on fire for about 30 secs. its sweet apart from when youre in a small room and the whole floor is literally fire. its good that you cant get hurt by that stuff lol.
anyone else notice that companions are so good at stating the obvious? they always have lines like "oh, hey, a cave". yea no shit its a cave, im staring at it.

why doesnt smelting go towards your smithing skill? or does it and i've managed to not notice.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 pm

theres one that you can get that will train you to level 50 archery. cheap skate still wants money but you can take it off of his inventory if you like, LOL.

i was under the impression that every time you got to a city for the first time that a dragon attacks. this has happened for all 5 cities that i had been to. so i am going to falkreathe for the first time and im all stoneskinned up, my muscles all baby oiled up, ready to make a dragon my mace pincushion............and all i got was a quest to do before i can use the blacksmith. arrrggggg. i used to be good at this game. but i took an arrow to the knee.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Arrows in the knee are a leading cause of Guards.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 pm

*Avoids reading anything*

OMG! 65 pages already!! I am not reading anything until I have played it for a month, to which point this thread might be like 200 pages!!! *faints*
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top