Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Just played this for 4 hours at my friend'S house and was amazed , I really do love these types of games . I could spend years on this haha . I climbed up to the summit of the highest peak , battled heaps of creatures , learnt a few spells , explored and collected lots of awesome stuff , there's just so much stuff to do , how can you ever finish it lol ? . Desperately want this now haha .

My only issues when playing it were frequent glitches and framerate issues but it's still a magnificent game !! .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:45 am

Revv wrote:
I have also noticed a few times when I pull up my map it autosaves when im out exploring the wilderness, but its random. This is when you need an extra button or two to preset them to do whatever you want Very Happy= :D

Look in the options.
By default it's set to save on Wait, Rest, and Travel (travel includes going in and out of buildings/areas, not just fast travel). As well as every 15 minutes when you enter a menu. By which I mean, if it's been more than 15 minutes since it saved last, it will autosave when you enter the menu. That time is adjustable, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:30 am

I disabled the travel autosave and found that it ran a little smoother on my ps3. actual experiences may vary!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 am

How laggy is it on PS3 in general ?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:24 am

Initially I experienced some lag rarely after extended play sessions (several hours). Since the patch I haven't had even that.
There can be a bit of minor lag when you first fast travel to some places. Usually towns simply because they're so full of people doing things. But if you just sit still a couple seconds and let everything load as it should it doesn't lag at all.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 am

^What Monkey said. There may be a stutter here or there while traveling around the wilderness, but that is cause it could be loading what is ahead of you. Plus you barely notice it cause half the time you have to stop and look around. Specially when you are trying to find your way back up a mountain. Took me ages to get back on track after going off track looking for a shortcut that actually tripled the time it would have took me to reach the place.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 am

Haha , sounds good . It's just that I have heard and read about a large number of ghastly stories of some users experiencing the game as being close to unplayable when having large save files.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:06 am

That was taken care of a few weeks back, a patch was released to resolve that issue, which it did successfully enough. My own file is 12Mb for my main character and it was unplayable in the world except in dungeons but that seems to have been remedied as any lag or frame rate issues I get now are through over playing (6 hours) or simply just loading up what's ahead of me. The world itself is massive.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 am

Lod wrote:
That was taken care of a few weeks back, a patch was released to resolve that issue, which it did successfully enough. My own file is 12Mb for my main character and it was unplayable in the world except in dungeons but that seems to have been remedied as any lag or frame rate issues I get now are through over playing (6 hours) or simply just loading up what's ahead of me. The world itself is massive.

Ok I am definitely getting this asap !!!!! ,thanks for the help Liam and Monkey Wink . Was entranced by this and my friend had to literally drag me off to play another game after playing for 3 hours straight on his copy today and watching him play too haha .
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 am

No hassle dude. You're one of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:52 am

might want to get a large bowl or milk jug to contain bodily waste mitchell. time wasted on relieving yourself properly could better be used crafting, dungeon crawling, killing things, and getting hopelessly sidetracked by the beautiful game world.

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm

skyrim makes you forget you have other games as well Smile
i have not been on line for a week now i think and i normally play online every day.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Wadey wrote:
skyrim makes you forget you have other games as well Smile
i have not been on line for a week now i think and i normally play online every day.

^This.

Last night I played for almost 5 hours (0030 to 0530) after work. I became a companion, got to level 13, bought a house, and decorated it (It's great to have a place to finally put stuff). So much to do, I haven't even scratched the surface!

Is there a way to get anything aside from the alchemy table for your house?

Killed my first frost dragon last night too, with the help of a giant and some mammoths Smile

Received a new word for fire breath shout. Not sure if I want to spend my sould on it yet or not though.

All in all, a good night Smile
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 pm

id say go for it rhy. now that you have killed your first one you will come across dragons rather easily. and it feels so good to sell the dragon bones to get serious bank.

also different houses in the game can get different crafting stations in them if you can pay for them ^v^

Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Awesome thanks.

I've been holding my dragon bones and scales because I wasn't sure if I would need them for crafting or something else down the line. I can sell the bones with out recourse?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Started a new game at my friends and barely did a single quest , just ran out into the fields and spend half an hour picking flowers for future alchemy haha . Went exploring and climbed halfway up a mountain before getting stuck in a rock lol . This game is sooo much fun .
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Started a new game at my friends and barely did a single quest , just ran out into the fields and spend half an hour picking flowers for future alchemy haha . Went exploring and climbed halfway up a mountain before getting stuck in a rock lol . This game is sooo much fun .

HAHA! Yeah, it's very easy to get distracted by pretty flowers and butterflies. lol Excited
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 pm

What I did was sell my dragon bones and scales since you need crafting of 100 to utilize them. if you want to be serious about that i would sell those materials to fund an iron dagger crafting orgy.

otherwise by the time i crafted my dragon armour i had ran across probably 12 dragons. when you get close to 100 you can start saving up, but i was shocked at how few materials are needed for dragon armour.

there are also spots in game that open up as dragon spawn locations, so its actually more plentyfull than daedra.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:23 pm

RHYN0X wrote:
Awesome thanks.

I've been holding my dragon bones and scales because I wasn't sure if I would need them for crafting or something else down the line. I can sell the bones with out recourse?
There are an infinite number of dragons available in game, even after completing the main quest. So, there's no real need to hang onto extra bones (for heavy armor) or scales (light armor) until your Smithing is nearing 100. That's the only use for them, and they don't sell too badly early on.

EDIT: Beat me by mere moments there, D.
I'll allow it though.
This time.

*Dun-dun-DUUNN!!*
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 424752

yee-haw!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 pm

I think I am going to take the plunge soon , anyone else report on the game-breaking lag issues being fixed to some extent ? . Just want to make sure I'm not buying a buggy , broken game that is another half-baked PS3 port curse continuation Smile
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 am

its a bethesda product mitchell, i think if you go into it knowing that because of the scope of the game, the content there that there is a 100% chance of some problem occuring you will be fine. also this game is asking alot of a ps3/xbox.

ive broken 62 hours on my only character right now, and there is slowdown for me, and glitches, textures disappearing, etc. BUT as it stands right now im looking at under 1 dollar per hour of enjoyment. not a bad investment.

some problems will be fixed, some probably will not. make no mistake, im not happy with some things, but i promise this one thing to you: you wont sign onto the psn for weeks if you buy this.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:44 am

Not so! Gotta sync those trophies. Razz

Speaking of trophies, you know those little platinum ones? Yeah, I just picked up another one. Guess which game it's for. Cool Laughing

You know what's great though? Despite all that, I still haven't experienced a majority of the content. Shocked

I'll get the review up soon. I was hoping to wait until the patch came out to fix the resistances bug, but I'll take it into account anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:11 am

I don't know how I'm gonna acquire the money for this Sad
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:41 am

I haven't had any issue myself. Not anything disruptive or annoying. My other half had some freezing issues when going in or out of buildings, his save is 11Mb though and has the autosave ticked because he forgets to save often. Maybe if he unticks the option, he would be fine. In any case, he does not see it as a major problem either. You get so many hours out of it that it is kind of inevitable to see glitches or problems. Many games are done and dusted with under 12h or real gameplay, this one can give you 300-500h of gaming according to their claims, 300h standard quests plus any extra time you might put into levelling up, extra quests, discovering the world, etc.

I would maybe recommend not to have loads of saves, just using 1-3, and maybe taking off the options of autosave. I would still expect some freezing or lag, occassionally at least, since the saves are so huge, but tbh I would not worry too much about it. For me at least, it has not been an issue; I never had problems with textures.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top