Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 am

didnt realize you lived in new zealand. BUT fear not! is importing an option for you? amazon.com/uk has some for 32 pounds. and it looks like they will ship to new zealand no problem. i believe there are some intermediary places that would convert money.

the only question would be if this hassle is going to be worth it.... i couldnt find any websites for local game shops you might have Sad

last resort would be to work the street corner at night. we've all been there.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:02 am

if you want a house/place with all the goodies like enchanting and position making
in one place do the mages collage quests once your done you are the arch mage
and you get his digs to store your stuff and you can harvest stuff right there as well .
i dont have a house just this place and its sweet Cool
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:51 am

FINALLY, I'm back! Pumped out 12 hours straight in one sitting and I have to say, being green is a tad bit too easy. Choosing to be an Orc grants you access to all orc strogholds... Found one with an Ebony mine and currently sitting on about 50+ pieces of Ebony ore, just from running around Skyrim and that mine alone.

Gots me some Dragon armour too!! I was looking at some concept art for dragon armour, but the guy was holding what seemed to be a bone battle-axe... Perhaps some dlc will come out with new dragon bone weapons?
What would the rest of you like to see in the dlc?
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Dmick024 wrote:
What I did was sell my dragon bones and scales since you need crafting of 100 to utilize them. if you want to be serious about that i would sell those materials to fund an iron dagger crafting orgy.

otherwise by the time i crafted my dragon armour i had ran across probably 12 dragons. when you get close to 100 you can start saving up, but i was shocked at how few materials are needed for dragon armour.

there are also spots in game that open up as dragon spawn locations, so its actually more plentyfull than daedra.

Awesome, thanks for the info! (You too Cobalt Razz )

If I want to make this dragon armor should I be "perking" in to smithing? I haven't looked yet. Focusing on 1 handed and conjuration atm.

Is there a vendor that is better equiped to buy them from me? I have drained many a vendor bank account with lower valued items.
=====
Just got to the college last night, and have gained entrance! Performed a you're old and usless mercy kill on an orc on the way lol I raised a dead "sabre tooth tiger" to help me with the fight. Worked out quite nicely Smile
=====
Hope you can score a copy Mitchell... it's epic!
=====
Grats on Plat Cobalt!
=====
I have trouble finding spots to mine. Everytime I find a spot that looks possible... nope, just some rocks lol
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Dmick024 wrote:
its a bethesda product mitchell, i think if you go into it knowing that because of the scope of the game, the content there that there is a 100% chance of some problem occuring you will be fine. also this game is asking alot of a ps3/xbox.

ive broken 62 hours on my only character right now, and there is slowdown for me, and glitches, textures disappearing, etc. BUT as it stands right now im looking at under 1 dollar per hour of enjoyment. not a bad investment.

some problems will be fixed, some probably will not. make no mistake, im not happy with some things, but i promise this one thing to you: you wont sign onto the psn for weeks if you buy this.

Don't worry Smile , I can get a copy for a decent price here , it's just that I'm always short on cash meaning I could get less than half the games I would've like to have picked up this year Sad . Also the reason why I was hassling you guys on how laggy it was , money well spent that's all Smile
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:34 am

ok i have a ton off empty soul gems and no idea how to fill them up again ?
thought i may have found a wep that catches souls and puts them in gems for ya
but no luck with that and i have not noticed any other way.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 am

So I've ordered this from Amazon for PS3.

Reading some of the reviews there and comments here though about lagging at later levels was that wise? Should I get the PC version instead?

It isn't being despatched for a few days so I can still cancel & get the other platform.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:36 am

Wadey wrote:
ok i have a ton off empty soul gems and no idea how to fill them up again ?
thought i may have found a wep that catches souls and puts them in gems for ya
but no luck with that and i have not noticed any other way.

Maybe this info on soul gems will help?
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:06 am

cast soultrap or have a weapon that soultraps on a killing strike wadey Smile also mage type enemies will have charged ones on em Smile

rhyn0x: yes you will have to spend the perk points on the smithing constellation to gain access to the different tiers of construction. dragon is the top tier. but realistically, all you need to do is craft iron daggers or the cheapest leather item X 400, lol. then just dump the points into smithing and try out your new threads.

the only places that i found at first that would take them are the general stores (bits and pieces), but then i found the perk in speech i believe, that lets you sell any item to any vendor. that one perk is worth 1 million septims to me. cuts down on travel.

all this talk makes me want to play but i must resist. now where did i put my sweetroll?
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:18 am

Dmick024 wrote:
now where did i put my sweetroll?
Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll? Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 am

TonyTeabag wrote:

Reading some of the reviews there and comments here though about lagging at later levels was that wise?
From what I've been reading here, at OGOB, and on other forums is that the lag was helped a lot with one of the recent patches, although not completely. What did help, however, is to turn the autosave to like once every 15 minutes or so instead of whatever its default is. They said that removed like all their problems.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

@ Wadey - Conjured or "bound" weapons will cast soul trap if you perk in the ability. That's how I do it Smile

@ Tony - Even with some lag, etc. None of it is really game breaking in my opinion. I have no doubt that you will love the game and get more then money's worth.

@ Ninja - Thanks for the link!

@ DMick - Awesome! Thanks for the info!

i-like-ninjas wrote:
Dmick024 wrote:
now where did i put my sweetroll?
Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll? Very Happy= :D

Someone DID steal my sweetroll! I was chasing him down, and was just about to catch him, but then I took an arrow to the knee. Sad
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:36 pm

So, I'm one trophy away from my platinum in skyrim. the 15 daedric artifacts one. Apparently, because I took the rueful axe over letting this dog live in a daedara's best friend, I get to try the entire set of 15 quests over again, since the rueful axe DOES NOT COUNT towards the achievement/trophy of the 15 artifacts. So I ended the game with 14 artifacts. This sucks bad because one of the quests you cannot do until level 32 and you have to collect all 15 on one character for it to count. (not sure if this has been discussed, but it's been like, 20 pages since my last post.)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I don't know how much it would help, but I can tell you that you can get both the rewards from the Hircine quest, and they both count as Deadric Artifacts. Here's how. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ill_Met_By_Moonlight
Save you from having to do the whole Thieves Guild for Nocturnal's, at least.

Shame on you for killing Barbas though. He's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:18 pm

that dog is still my companion. its the only protection i have from magic until resistances are put back in..

hmm not sure if anyone tried this out yet, but you know all those barred doors you come across? if you kneel down at the end of one and bring your crosshairs across slowly you will come to a spot that is like 1 pixel wide that will give you the option to unlock. ive done it now twice to get the drop on people, LOL.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Laughing
Nice.
Must be the new version of the old Fallout perspective glitch. Going into 3rd person mode would let you spin the camera around you, and you could use that to reach through some walls.
Like the irradiated room in the Jefferson Memorial. You could access the bodies inside and get some equipment you weren't meant to have. Nothing great though.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 am

thanks ninjas Smile
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks J, Ry.

Love how none of this thread makes any sense to me at the moment. Reminds me of reading stuff about materia before I got FFVII.

Can't wait. Picked up Fallout 3 again last night to get my head in the right place. I really barely started that yet, still on the first mission. Just hooked up with the guys hunting super mutants. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:42 am

"i dont want to set the world on fiiiiiiirrrreeeeeeeeee"

gotta be one of my favorite openers to a game.

anyone in cahoots with the dark brotherhood? my guy is on the strait and narrow, i help old ladies cross the road, pick veggies for the tired farmers, etc. will this tarnish my image in the cities if i complete this string of quests?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 am

Did do the brotherhood on one character, gonna wipe them all out on another.

I ran into a very annoying jester on his way to bury his mother. He had a broken cart. I hate that... gobshite! Fucking adoring fan...

Level 27 on the Orc, haven't done the main quest past the first Dragon. Now going into the civil war. I played Tag & Hide and Seek in Solitude.
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 am

@ cobalt: Btw, the nocturnal quest doesn't count for the daedric artifacts. It doesn't count because you don't get to keep the skeleton key no matter what you do, so it doesn't count towards progression. There are 16 quest/quest lines for the daedrics. The nocturnal stuff is 16th. There are 15 real quests for the trophy with a potential for 16 items if you use the ill met by moonlight glitch. But to complete all the quests, you have to get to level 36 because the last quest isn't available until then. So for those other people that are going for their platinum. Few tips:

Don't kill barbas
kill the guy and take the staff after the barrier is dropped
don't agree to give the shards away, listen to the voice and murder him.

Yes they are vague, but when you do the quests they talk about, you'll understand.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:43 am

There once was a an argonian that could turn into a werewolf and to his shock everyone in the township of Whiterun didn't care to see this massive k9 walking around town playing with children. (awesome glitch)
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 am

(o.O) The heck!? OH OH! do it in solitude some kids ask you to play tag.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Neoshine wrote:
@ cobalt: Btw, the nocturnal quest doesn't count for the daedric artifacts. It doesn't count because you don't get to keep the skeleton key no matter what you do, so it doesn't count towards progression. There are 16 quest/quest lines for the daedrics. The nocturnal stuff is 16th. There are 15 real quests for the trophy with a potential for 16 items if you use the ill met by moonlight glitch. But to complete all the quests, you have to get to level 36 because the last quest isn't available until then.

You're right. I had actually just missed another one, Malacath's, and thought it was Nocturnal's I was short. Just went back and did it.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 30 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

I ran in to that Jester too LoD. I got him arrested haha!

I started on the college quest line. Finished the first dugeon in it, found the sphere "thingy". Bought a tonne of iron and leveled my smithing up about 14 points, was a good night had by all.

Scored my third shout. I now have push back, fire breath, and ice breath. Now if I can find the other 2 words for them, that would be great.

Side note on shouts. For the longest time I kept forgetting to use them, then I started to (remember to), man these help a lot!

As far as my conjuration - I now have bow, frost Antronach, and revanant... woo hoo! Love me some necromancy!

====

As for the actual discussion going on, I haven't met any brotherhood people yet... that I know of. Still not sure if I will join them this play through or not.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top