Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:45 pm

I have never had a freeze issue once I disabled the travel autosave and put the other one to 30min.

I had the Skyrim Official Guide as a Christmas present. 655 pages and a detailed map. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 am

:'( I just want to poke at least one troll with a pointed metal stick... AND BOIL HIS TROLL FAT FOR MAH CRIPSY CHIPS!!!
@_@
A bit too far?
Shrug
I will admit that watching Skyrim vids on the interwebs doesn't help in the slightest...
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 535803
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:05 am

I just got this for x-mas and I'm in "overwhelmed by the sheer amount of EVERYTHING" stage. So I've resorted to just robbing everyone blind of everything valuable in their pockets. Level 20 like everything, except 40 something pickpocketing!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:32 am

Be careful not to outlevel your combat skills! A pocket full of cash does you no good when you can't kill anything. Even buying better equipment won't fix a gap in your skills. Remember, every enemy's stats are based off of your level, not what you can realistically kill in combat.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 am

yeah i seriously F'ed my main char up (pardon my french) by getting smithing up to 100 as soon as i could. the draugr of yesterday became draugr deathlords.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:05 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Be careful not to outlevel your combat skills! A pocket full of cash does you no good when you can't kill anything. Even buying better equipment won't fix a gap in your skills. Remember, every enemy's stats are based off of your level, not what you can realistically kill in combat.
Thanks for the tip, Monkey.

This explains why random hired thugs were 2 hitting me, I think.

It should REALLY scale vs combat skills...
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
It's because you're a thief!! Shocked You bad, bad man... No
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:39 pm

^That too.

Jmw566 wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:

Correction: It REALLY shouldn't scale at all. Wink
I just don't like the level scaling system. I'll grant that, this particular problem aside, this is the best iteration of it I've seen. But it still really kills the feeling of progression for me. Enemies take about the same amount of effort the whole way through. I'd gladly trade the Radiant Story system (and the boring leveled loot system while you're at it) for enemies that are simply build on their own curve. If the enemies in an area are just too tough, I'm okay with not going there until I'm that tough.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:34 am

Jmw566 wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:

I had three of them after me and they were all fully armored. The sad thing is they would follow me to whatever town I quick travelled to I went after killing me. I'm not sure why, but after I made Sven my b!t_h, the shopkeeper in Whiterun spawned upstairs and caught me taking something ...Sven killed him. I usually don't steal stuff so far I just take what I need all legally. I've had a few freezes but I've never lost tons of travel or time after the hard reset.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:32 am

My first thug encounter freaked me out.
1 came the first time around at Winterhold and didn't say a thing... Just unsheathed and came at me like a rabbid animal or something. orly :orly: Looted the body to find a bounty letter with my name on it. Ran inside the nearest building to find somewhere to hide and sell some things. Came outside and noone was there not even the guards. So, I waited about 6 hours and BOOM! Right in front of me 2 Bounty Hunters! One said the usual "You'll something or other" and attacked me... Being a bad ass Nord and all I punched them in the face and hey presto grindin' bones to make mah bread!! Twisted Evil

I'll always remember that day... For the next few hours I was expecting to run into bounty hunters 24/7. Rolling Eyes

Righteo, that's my storysharing segment over. Now for a tip, some shopkeepers don't even need to see you to accuse you of stealing. I think, to an extent, they don't need to be in the same room/building!! Stole some things from Arcadia after I trapped her and could steal pretty much everything. 150% sure she didn't see me, because there was a wall there in between us. In the long run, if you steal something there's a chance it will catch up to you. No I'm guessing the logic behind it is: If you were the last person there before it was gone, you did it. Pretty good logic Skyrim, pretty good indeed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:28 pm

I've stolen like hundreds of things.

You just have to be sneaking and make sure you're "hidden" before you steal it so they don't catch you.

Also, is there any benefit to light armor for magic/archery or is its only upside that it doesn't take a lot of your carrying?

Also, what are some good perks?
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 pm

The light armor is great if your character is sneaky and rouge based its impossible to sneak in heavy armor , it makes sneaking around with a bow a lot easier so you can get some sneak attack.bonuses. as for magic I don't think it holds any benifits,magic has a perk in it if I'm not mistaken, it grants you extra armor for wearing only clothe and you can also use bound armor .

As for good perks it all depends on what type of character you are trying to make.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:59 pm

I wear heavy as a conjurer. I like being able to survive, and I like necromancy... it works, heh.

There is a perk in the sneak system that makes it so your armor makes no noise.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Well, you're well on your way to getting the Extra Pockets perk from the Pickpocketing tree. No matter what your class is, 100 pounds more carrying capacity is never amiss.
Restoration has a two level perk that increases your magika regen which is nice.

If you're planning to play a stealthy character, then I strongly suggest the bow and its Archery tree. I had no use for the right side of the tree other than the crit increase. I didn't bother with the time slowing ability, but the rest of the left side is very helpful. Particularly Power Shot which frequently staggers enemies giving you time to hit them, and possibly stagger them, again. As well as Quick Shot, self explanatory. Other than that you'll want the damage upgrade perks, and that's about it for Archery.
You might also consider going into Cojuration purely for the Bound Bow spell, as its damage is pretty high, it weighs nothing, and it creates its own arrows. Eats magicka until you get the perk that reduces its level of spells' cost, but if you're sneaking right you'll hardly ever be "in combat" so you'll get it back fast. Also from that tree you'll want to get the other perks that better your bound weapons, like the ones that increase damage and duration.

Light armor is much, much easier to sneak in since your success it partly determined by your equipped weight. Lugging heavy stuff around just isn't quiet. And like I said, you won't be really fighting so much as picking enemies off so your armor won't be too important aside from what enchantments it carries. There is the unique Ebony Mail heavy armor that buff sneaking, provides a damaging aura around you, and cloaks you in shadow if you absolutely have to have heavy armor, but it's really more trouble than its worth.
Instead, I strongly suggest doing the Thieves Guild questline to its completion. Most of the way through you get what I think is not only the coolest looking armor in the game, but its also very good for a stealthy character.
Small piece of advice for anyone doing the Thieves Guild. Never get rid of the armor they give you. You're given the task of upgrading a piece of it later, and if you don't have one to upgrade you cannot progress. I've read about people getting stuck that way.

The perks for the Light Armor tree are alright too. You'll want the one that makes it weightless and the one that makes it not slow you down. And the base one which just makes it more effective. That's probably all you really need for a stealthy character.

Now, if you want a magic character, Heavy Armor is the way to go. Alteration does have Mage Armor which buffs the schools protection spells (Oakflesh, etc) significantly, but last I heard they weren't working properly.
If you go with the Destruction school, then pick an element and specialize. I chose Fire my first time out and got the damage upgrades for just it. Worked alright. I hear Lightning is better, so you might try that. You'll want to get a ring, necklace, and whatever else you can that reduces spell cost though. In the way of perks, make sure to get the one that gives your spells the chance to stagger people.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:37 am

I just ordered the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide from Amazon with one day shipping so I'll get it New Years Eve day. My buddy bought the softcover edition and it looks pretty sturdy but it was sold out and I'm really wondering if the 656 pages will hold up in a softcover. I need all the help I can get in this game ! I appreciate all the help from your posts especially 'altMonkey's but I need knowledge 'cause I a RPG N0Ob.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 am

AltMonkey. The other blue monkey.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:08 am

Taking a break from this to play the other games I got
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Lod wrote:
Taking a break from this to play the other games I got

I got it on Christmas and I've played it a bit... I bought it after you suggested it...... er I mean put it on my Santa list. Still have a few games I've yet to crack open...
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah, I got the extra pockets thing as soon as I could. It's a god send since I've been lugging this heavy ass Dwarven armor around because I was getting wrecked by Falmors (sp?). Also, I have a bunch of 2h weapons because they're badass, so that takes up lots of space too.

I wanna switch to light armor to be even sneakier, but it's tough when this heavy armor is so badass. I have the Dwarven plate on that gives +15 heavy armor skill and I also put some perks into heavy armor to make it better.

There's no like reclass system to redistribute perks is there?

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:18 pm

No there isn't, maybe in a future dlc . That would be a nice feature.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 pm

... So I finally got skyrim... froze during the froze after 5 minutes of playing ... didn't even get my cuffs off.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 35lzxm
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:53 am

What generation ps3 do you have jollie?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:04 pm

320Gb ps3 slim so I guess the newest one.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm not to familiar with the new one, I know The first gen have a tough time handling it, my friend couldn't get past the character creation screen.

I'd make sure nothing is blocking the fans, other than that maybe make sure its up to date :/

You'll break those cuffs lol.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 35 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 pm

jolli-timer wrote:
320Gb ps3 slim so I guess the newest one.

I've heard of the freeze before the cuffs came off in some Forum somewhere. I'm wondering if your current setup has anything too do with it? You said you were using a tube tv in the UC3 thread... that has to mean no HDMI.. I'm wondering if running it a degraded picture through composite cables affected it. I've had 3 freezes so far not a constant problem overall. Each time I've had to do a hard reset and Skrim goes right back to where I was. Got my Skrim bible today its hugegantic.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top