Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:24 am

If you were to grind out all your skills to 100, it's Level 81. But the slowdown will be great.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 pm

So when will we be expecting a review of this Monkey ? , this time next year lol Smile
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Here's my review:

Skyrim is awesome. Go play it.
I know I am.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:56 pm

^
What more need be said?
Laughing

I really will get around to in once I finish some of the major quest lines. Of course, first I need to start them. Embarassed Just running around finding power words, and keep getting caught up in the quests that present themselves. And boy do they ever present themselves.
Btw, not all have a single ending either. I just did one today where, had I followed only the directions presented to me, it would have lead to the condemning of an innocent. However, I didn't like what I was seeing, and a little going about and interacting with all people/things involved let me get to the bottom of it all. Lesson learned: Don't just follow the arrows every time.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 pm

did you then proceed to slay all involved in the plot?
thats what i would do
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Not with this character. Since there are too many perks and not enough points to get them all, I'll be making a new one at some point and letting him focus on different perk trees. Since this one's mainly about destruction (Fire), restoration, and heavy armor, I intend to use him for the Main, Companions, and College quests of the major quest lines. The next will be more into the other magics, probably Alteration and Illusion, with other focuses on light armor, sneaking, and archery.

Rijndael's Enemy Hierarchy:
Code:
Skeletons<Wolves<Super Rats<Bandits<Trolls<Vampires<Ice Trolls<Litches<Dragons<Giants<Blood/Frost Dragons<Bears.

Apparently the < are some kind of code. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Double Post for great news.

Future patch.
Date is unspecified.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm

for those of you who want this on PC.
here are some interesting mods you can add
i think everyone will like #6
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

anyone heard any good "builds" for a redguard?
i was thinking of sticking to destruction, onehanded, and light armour with some decent smithing and/or blocking.
asi i dont have the game im not so sure how well that will work out though Razz

alteration and, to a lesser extent, archery look kinda cool, though
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Found a cool video of Skyrim's map Smile . REALLY want this game now and Christmas is drawing nearer !!! .

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:41 am

banded1 wrote:
an exploit has been discovered Rolling Eyes http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mdupj/the_alchemysmithingenchanting_trick_and_the_issue/

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 GdDL2

It really is Morrowind all over again. Very Happy= :D
Razz

For those not familiar with that game, there were a number of exploits that you could do to really break the game. The one most like this one is doable from the outset of the game. It involves using your alchemy skill to make potions that increase your Intelligence temporarily, which lets you make better potions that increase your Intelligence, which let's you etc, etc.
When your Int is crazy high, not only could you make more potions for that, but ones for any stat. And with an Int that tops the 1,000,000 mark, they'd last forever.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 am

ok my copy has shown up. but i would like to know how sucked in am i going to get? ie: will this cause me to board up my door and play for hours on end?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 am

Dmick024 wrote:
ok my copy has shown up. but i would like to know how sucked in am i going to get? ie: will this cause me to board up my door and play for hours on end?
During your shorter sessions, yes.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:42 am

Frigging girlfriend interupting mah skyrim time.

Killed my first Blood Dragon Yesterday, then another showed up straight after it, 2 for 1 hunting ground.

Also when I got a whole word of power and slayed a dragon some weird floating skeleton started shooting fireballs at me. Took a bit to kill, just stayed close and used my bound swords duel welded so he couldn't use the fireballs on himself along with an atronoch. Got me a cool piece of headgear from him. Full mask. Sphere peak or something was the area, a gaurd mentioned seeing a dragon flying in the general area and it showed up on my map and I could Fast travel to it. By the way, do a shout in a town, after a while a courier shows up with interesting stuff, if you didn't know it already.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm

So my computer might be able to run this game. That opens up....possibilitities....
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 pm

like?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Omega's all about the nude mods...
Razz

WORD OF WARNING:
Do not pick up any copies of the Invocation of Azura book. I found one long before I was assigned the quest to retrieve it and it's been sitting in my Inventory ever since. Finally found the guy who sends you after it, and the quest is now bugged. Can't get it out of the chest it says its in 'cause it's in my Inventory so the quest won't advance. Fortunately, it's just a misc quest, so it's no big deal. Glad it didn't break my game.

There are a bunch of those Litch guys, Liam. You'll occasionally find them near those word walls. Always drop their mask, several with different effects.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 am

NUUUUDE MODS NUUUUDE MODS EEEEEVERYWHEEEEEERE!! HA HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 am

Picked up a copy yesterday procceded to play for 5 hours straight....I can feel my free time being absorbed
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am

Aye got a quest item myself that won't remove either but I don't know what quest it's for. Still liking it. Werewolf power is useful, faster than a horse.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 am

Ran into a ice troll last night.... I gusse I shouldn't have wandred that far into the tundra
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:51 am

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Lod wrote:
KILL IT WITH FIRE!
The chracter im using right now isn't really a heavy magic user so I died a horrible death.

When it was killing me I kept thinking of the jack links jerky commercials, that's what I get for messing with sasquach
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 pm

I'd suggest buying and carrying scrolls of fireball/firestorm whenever you can if for no other reason than frost trolls. Even if you have a fire sword, you still have to get close to use it, and that means pain.

The "Marked for Death" Shout is also very helpful. Lowers enemy defense.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 am

Double post on account of awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/g6jDw.gif

Also, there was mention they expect the patch to be out the week after Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top