Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:47 pm

jadedoblivion wrote:
Colbalt, are you talking about L.A. Noire or brink? In ethier case it is just greedy for them to do things like that Angry :angry:
I meant LA Noir.

Tom Brady's Hair wrote:
If you skip games because of DLC tricks the n you may never play another game, plus you may miss out on a great experience.
The more you put up with their DLC tricks, the worse they're going to get. At some point you have to say, "Enough is enough." I'd rather that was now than when they're trying to sell me a game one level and item at a time. Make no mistake, that is the way it's headed. Why? Because people have proven that they will pay for it.
I can complain about it all I want, but I really only have the one option to try to combat these practices. And that's to not buy the game or any DLC from them, and inform others of the reasoning behind it to remind them that they do have a choice. It's how I can help to make these business models unprofitable, which is the one and only way to stop them.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sony Corp. (6758)’s PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services remain shut as of today, Shigenori Yoshida, a Tokyo-based spokesman said. Sony is uncertain when it can resume the services, Yoshida said by phone today.

The company is in the process of adopting an improved security system and its plan to restart the services fully by May 31 is unchanged, he said. Sony shut down the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services April 20 because of possible data theft by hackers.

The maker of PS consoles had planned to restart partial operations within a week after boosting the level of security system, the company said May 1.

JEEZUS not a full restart until 31 May! I'm going to have to buy some more single player games to last me that long.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Ouch. That certainly sucks.
Well, no use crying over spilled milk. We'll just have to kill our time the old fashioned way.
*grabs sibling, begins punching*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:08 pm

*Grabs Chimera, begins punching*
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
*Grabs Chimera, begins punching*
PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 886746
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I am all set on single player games. It doesn't bother me that the PSN will be down for that long. Gives me time to do single player stories and earn trophies without being tempted to play online. With Killzone 3, Terminator: Salvation, MW2 on Veteran, and the rest of Assassin's Creed 1 I will have no shortage of entertainment for the rest of this month Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:41 pm

According to IGN (yup) in addition to the aforementioned welcome back bonuses we'll be getting when PSN comes back online we will also have our choice of two PS3 games and two PSP games for free!

Personally I think that this almost makes it worth it. I'm going to choose the god of war 1+2 combo hd re-release and GOW 3, if I can. IGN stated that it would be a limited list of games so my hopes aren't up too high.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:57 pm

There goes my PS3. Hello M$. Don't care if you charge, but at least you don't have month long outages facepalm2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:58 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
According to IGN (yup) in addition to the aforementioned welcome back bonuses we'll be getting when PSN comes back online we will also have our choice of two PS3 games and two PSP games for free!

Personally I think that this almost makes it worth it. I'm going to choose the god of war 1+2 combo hd re-release and GOW 3, if I can. IGN stated that it would be a limited list of games so my hopes aren't up too high.

Wait...TWO PS3 games AND PSP games? What!? Are we talking about PSN games as PSN, or actual full games?
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Here's the official source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

However the free games only apply to the countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ.

The only problem with earning trophies during this time is that if you get YLOD or something akin to that before the PSN comes back up then you won't have your trophies because you won't have been able to synchronise to the servers while having the trophies and the PSN servers won't have the information that you have earned the trophies.

But hopefully they get that partial bit of the psn back up so nobody loses a whole lot of time because that would suck.

Static-Star1 wrote:
There goes my PS3. Hello M$. Don't care if you charge, but at least you don't have month long outages facepalm2
Yet.

Anyway people seem to forget the time that Xbox live went down for two weeks, they definitely don't have a perfect record either.

Last edited by FlightOfGrey on Mon May 09, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a simple fact of life that nothing's going to work how you want it 100% of the time.
In this instance, it's PSN's turn.
If you rush out now and trade in your system, then you'd best be prepared to move to the Wii when Live drops later on.

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Mon May 09, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing faulty link.)
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:18 pm

xbox.com
work anymore?
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm

"list of five"

Well there goes all hope of play GOW for free...unless.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:29 pm

since psn went down, ive finished r:FoM, GOW III and the SP of portal 2 lol thats with 7 days spent at my gf's w/o playing lol
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Damn. I might actually break down & play some SP...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:29 am

For serious on that with L.A. Noir? That'll piss my nephew off some... Least I have his birthday present sorted. DLC for LA Noir. Or however its spelt.

How many people here don't play the SP?
I know Raist & Cobalt do but it just seems to me that a lot of people are spending a lotta money on games simply for the online.

Gonna play me some Classic Sonic The Hedgehog. Got me the Sega Mega Drive Collection on PS2 and thats just been calling to me the last few days. Finish Bioshock 2 then POW! SONIC!
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:42 am

i am a bit of both
COD games just MP ..SP=crap
resistance MP+SP
Assassins creed 123 SP

but then Dragon Age 1+2 only SP

so i manly only like MP in shooting games
till i fined something to change my mind of coarse
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:01 am

Wait, Static did you really sell it? scratch
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:18 am

MP only for MP enabled games.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:23 am

You needs to play some campaigns on them yo!
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:58 am

You guys DO know you can still play certain games online, right?
A mate of mine told me he was able to play RDR with a few of his mates. Smile
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:13 am

i havent been abl to even sighn on to the net work at all Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:01 am

Blasphemy as usual Reo.

JK but I'm interested as to how they did that Thinking
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:11 am

But the big difference being that they meant "Rohypnol Domination Roleplay". Laughing

I've heard all about those crazy Swedes... Erm... Somewhere. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 17 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:32 am

Blasphemy?!
I have never during my 23 years of being a human creature witnessed such rude behaviour! Shocked

I just noticed that shosho posted a vid which pretty much explains it all:

Back to top Go down

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top