Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31
AuthorMessage
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 pm

did you try doing what i was suggested to do raist?
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm at work so I probably missed it. I'll give it a check later. But thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Sheesh, everytime we try something on the store we keep getting the 80710D36 error.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm

keep backing out and trying again, hell try selecting another demo or whatever then back out and try the one you want to d/l
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Well, the downloads all seem to be about 1.7 Gig or more so I'm going to start them off after midnight so it doesn't count towards my monthly bandwidth usage.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:28 pm

You're so hawt...
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Wink
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm

SpongeBobNoPants wrote:
You're so hawt...
Wink

That nearly made milk come out my nose.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:51 pm

You're welcome, sir Eatty.
Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:54 pm

eatthemonkey wrote:
SpongeBobNoPants wrote:
You're so hawt...
Wink

That nearly made milk come out my nose.

Your nose lactates? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Shocked

cheers

*Calls Eatty's nose*
So, have any plans tonight?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Heck with that, I wanna know who his preggo nose's daddy is.
Suspect
Anyone seen Liam lately?
Suspect
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:48 pm

He his baby-daddy!!!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:02 am

well i am not going to bother DL a game from the welcome back pack because
my internet is so bad . Sad

was going to DL inFamous big file 7000mbs which was going to take me 1800mins to
DL 30 hours if i worked it out right screw that Sad
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:04 am

Did you give it time to settle? Mine always starts out really high too, but give it a bit and it gets a lot more reasonable.
For example, when I downloaded inFamous it started with an estimation of 2,400 minutes. After a minute it dropped to 220 or so minutes. Still not great, but a lot more manageable.

Also, remember that a lot of people are trying to get at that stuff right now. Wait a day or two and try again. It'll probably take a lot less time.

Lastly, remember that you don't have to download it all at once. You can download in the background as an option. This means that you don't have to stare at the downloading screen until it's done. More importantly, once you have it downloading in the background you can select it, press TRIANGLE and select the "Pause" option. This means you can get the rest of it at a later time.
I got to 60% done on mine and had to leave, so I paused it and when I got back several hours later, I fired up the PS3, selected the file again, TRIANGLE and "Resume" to get the rest. While it was finishing (which took another hour or so) I surfed the forums. Even if it does want to take a long time you can always just download it bit by bit just whenever you have time.
If the price of admission is just patience, then you've nothing to lose. Of course, I also don't know if you guys have limited monthly internet or some such down there. Even then if you only downloaded for half an hour a week, that's still just some time spent for a free game.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:13 am

yeh i will give it another go tomorrow .today i just seem to be getting frustrated with
anything for some reason . Shrug
as for monthly DL it not a problem i 200gigs DL a month
the pause idea seem a good option i admit i had forgotten about that Rolling Eyes
thank Monkey Smile

is the inFamous file 7000mbs for you peeps
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:18 am

Yup. Same size.

LBP was 2300 or so, I think.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:22 am

Took me 22mins to get inFamous but 2hrs to get Dead Nation. Definatley depends on the time of day you try.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:01 am

WTH? We looked at the store. It showed the Welcome Back thing. We browsed the games. Now when we look it shows no games at all. Has anyone else had this? How do we find the games so that we can download them??? We haven't selected them for download yet, so they're not sitting in our downloads list.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:07 am

Yeah, I had the same thing. Once you have downloaded the psn+ part of it, leave the store and go to Account Management, Transaction Management, Services List. It will list a few things, click PlaystationNetwork Promotions then Playstation3 free games. That should take you to the games. Well worked for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:41 am

Well , I only get 20 gigs of bandwidth per month Sad , lucky im allways watching my usage other wise no Quest for Booty Smile ,
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks, Porky. Clap all sorted! Why do they bury these things? Okay, so with all the accounts we have on the PS we've managed to get all the games we want. They're currently cued up for downloaded (ie downloads begun and paused) and I'll set them going tonight as I get free bandwidth between 00.00 and 08.00.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 am

i had the same problem eat. idk why they would do something like that

just leave the stuff there until we've downloaded a game
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION   PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION - Page 31 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:59 am

Okay. So, the PSN is back up and the last couple of pages show how to access the games if you can't find them in the store. The need for this thread has now passed (until Microsoft/Chinese government somebody hacks PSN again) and so I am locking it until such time as it needs to come out of retirement. Let the spam take its rightful place in the other threads. Very Happy= :D

*** LOCKED ***
Back to top Go down

PSN DOWNTIME DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top