Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

Borderlands 2 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 pm

First Eridian weapon I found was a bandit gun, 80 round mag, shot homing darts (oh yes, homing) that exploded with fire damage..... yeah that's going in the bank. It's too bad that badass guns like these are only useful for 3-4 hours max. Oh well, just makes claptraps secret stash that much more awesome. I already have a sniper in there for a later date (though I should move it to the bank for now as CSS only holds 4 things).
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 pm

I haven't found anything particularly amazing yet. No purples, though I'm only level 14.
Do have a handy Dhal sniper. That burst fire when scoped is very nice. Eats through the ammo though.

Incidentally, that's why I was punching so many things tonight, Rx. Lag wasn't nearly as bad as the first game, but it still takes some getting used to.

Fun fact: When picking up ammo tonight I noticed that even stuff I knew I was full on got picked up. This doesn't happen in single player. Was it sharing the ammo between us, or just wasting it? Puzzled

We also tracked down all the Sanctuary Vault Symbols. That last one was a pain. I'm convinced there must be an easier way to get up there. Anyhoos, if anyone needs help finding them, say the word.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 am

Just picked up this game and going to give it a whirl now Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:01 am

Okay, glutton I am, I went back for more.

Found out some very important things.

1.) A certain lady in Sanctuary gives you the best mission ever. It's...bodacious, dude.

2.) There is a skin for Zero related to this mission. When I play as him, I must have it.

3.) I just picked up a shotgun called "Thre Dog" (not a typo) with the red text, "One barrel's not enough, and two is too few." One of Three-Dog's lines in Fallout 3. No idea what it does, of course. Just thought it was awesome.

4.) The machines in Moxxi's place appear to charge based on level somehow. It's not just a linear increase because the price has been the same for me for several levels now. But when I was playing with Rx earlier, it was cheaper, so apparently price is based off the host.
You can get Eridium out of these things at a fair rate.
All money and Eridium you get are shared between players in multiplayer. See where I'm headed with this?
Have a lower level guy host, get a full party, and you can play slots almost constantly because you'll never run out of money because you can sell the crappy guns, the price is low, and the money anyone gets is shared. I'm betting you could get all the Eridium you need in about half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:17 am

I have been playing this for the past 3 hours and it's amazing. I went for Salvador for my first playthrough and really like just going rambo with his dual-wielding special move. Will mostly focus on his Rampage skill tree with a little gunlust and going for only increased health from his brawn skill tree.

I made it to Sanctuary and love the improved variety in the weapons (yes it is very noticeable for me Very Happy= :D), varied enviroments and better skill trees. Game seems to run smoother as well, especially in split screen which I played with a mate foe around an hour. Love my 49 damage jakob pistol that turbo fires Razz . I was hoping that Captain Flynt's weapon would be a little better than that Sad .

Can't wait to play more !!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 am

I would just like to point out that I hate each and everyone of you until tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:56 am

Good shit tonight monks. That was fun. I'll be back for more tonight I'm sure.

I noticed that both I and DaveDave pulled very little Eridium from the vending machines. By that I mean none. So I'm going to speculate that you're finding it because your a little higher level, and thus until we are too, you're theory won't apply.

And so, we'll just have to level up. Cool
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 am

this is how ridiculous zer0 is. from all my abilities/baddass tokens, and class mod, I have a base gun damage boost of 38.4% and crit boost of 63.8% after a kill crit goes up to 113.8% the 1st bullet in a clip does an extra 85%, and if I shoot through someone it doubles the damage. plus if I use my action skill it also boosts gun damage by 200% and gun crit hit damage by 250% on top of that I am using an amp shield which boosts my damage by 1250 (by comparison, my most powerful sniper does 1637, so that almost doubles it) but requires my shields to be full.

so that is a total of 433% more gun damage, and 448% more crit damage. and I dont even have every ability I want yet. I dont have any points in one that could boost me up another 40% on crits. not to mention a better class mod. im currently using one that is half my level
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 am

...Basically you know how good a characters damage is when the math gets to hard to do without a pen and paper.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 am

haha...I used the computers calculator....couldnt find a pen
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:49 am

Rxforwar wrote:
Good shit tonight monks. That was fun. I'll be back for more tonight I'm sure.

I noticed that both I and DaveDave pulled very little Eridium from the vending machines. By that I mean none. So I'm going to speculate that you're finding it because your a little higher level, and thus until we are too, you're theory won't apply.

And so, we'll just have to level up. Cool
Nah. I've just spent more on it, I'll wager. That's where all my money goes, and has been for several levels now (aside from tipping Moxxie the 10K).
It's just luck.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:19 am

hehehehe "Tipping Moxxie"
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Wow Nobody, you've gotten quite a few badass tokens 0.o
What are the badass rank tallies? I'm around 850.

So far I'm liking this badass rank system but I can see myself turning it off once and for all once I play through with all of the characters. When I played through the various God of War games and beat them on the highest difficulty the only way I could find satisfaction replaying them was by doing challenge runs (no upgrades, only use _____, etc). Eventually you just get so good at avoiding damage, finding weaknesses, etc, that it becomes the only way to play. The only downside is you give up things like magic upgrades and what not, which limits your options. I`m afraid that, while massively replayable, I`ll end up just not using my badass tokens. That won`t happen for a while but still. For example: I`ll probably do a `no side mission run`... with every character, so I`m not quite so overleveled.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:56 pm

badass tokens didnt add all that much for ne, at the time of the post it was like 3.2 for the relevant stats...now its around 5. badass rank is 3kish. most of the stat boosts are from zeros skill trees, and about 30% from class mod. His main action skill by default does 200% gun damage and 250% gun crit

as ridiculous as zer0s damage is he cant even 1 shot regular shielded enemies in True Vault Hunter Mode. They arent playing around in TVHM. you have to really be playing serious. There were some missions that were a cake walk before that now are really freaking hard, even with a good team of 4 players.

also if you hit for over 100,000 damage it replaces the last 3 zeros with a red K, like 124K. So far the most ive done is 188K

and an FYI your eridium maxes out at 99. (and also becomes way to common later in the game.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Wait, so you've completed the game yet nobody ?, how far are you through ?. Just wondering what the average playthrough time for this would be Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:19 am

Lod wrote:
I would just like to point out that I hate each and everyone of you until tomorrow.

I would like to say I hate you all till 3rd October!
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 am

nobody wrote:
this is how ridiculous zer0 is. from all my abilities/baddass tokens, and class mod, I have a base gun damage boost of 38.4% and crit boost of 63.8%

Woops. I thought that was from BR. Still, +5% isn't bad.

It's too bad that the system was designed for the meta-game yet by nature it is almost outgrown by the time it is fairly significant. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing some addict on youtube who has like +200% in everything.

So much for shotgun ninja then? I'm sure you have a shotty but from what I've read (or what I think I've read Razz ) you seem quite fond of sniping.

Talking about eridium, yeah, it's a bit more common than we where led to believe. It still seems balanced (which is the only thing of relevance IMO) but I'm only level 18. It's pretty stupid that it caps at 99.

Any tips for crystalisks? These buggers have a ton of health!

Overall I'm loving this game. Two moments really stand out to me so far.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 am

About to hit lvl 12 and still really enjoying this game, my 49 damage jakobs pistol is still doing work !!
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am

yes I beat the game. took me 2 full days of playing poweruing through the main story (so i could get to playthrough 2 where all the good shit is. now I am doing all the side quests and I am where you fight the stalkers in playthrough 2

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
nobody wrote:
this is how ridiculous zer0 is. from all my abilities/baddass tokens, and class mod, I have a base gun damage boost of 38.4% and crit boost of 63.8%

Woops. I thought that was from BR. Still, +5% isn't bad.

It's too bad that the system was designed for the meta-game yet by nature it is almost outgrown by the time it is fairly significant. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing some addict on youtube who has like +200% in everything.

So much for shotgun ninja then? I'm sure you have a shotty but from what I've read (or what I think I've read Razz ) you seem quite fond of sniping.

Talking about eridium, yeah, it's a bit more common than we where led to believe. It still seems balanced (which is the only thing of relevance IMO) but I'm only level 18. It's pretty stupid that it caps at 99.

Any tips for crystalisks? These buggers have a ton of health!

Overall I'm loving this game. Two moments really stand out to me so far.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
those 100K damages are with a shotgun. 1st time I did it was with a shotgun and cloak. using the boost from the 1st bullet in a clip, and a 1 shot shotgun with a fast reload. the nice thing is the sniper build and the shotgun build use the same tree. and all the increases in accuracy meant for the sniper really help the shotgun. (I use the shotgun on enemies from 20+ feet away using a shotgun with an accuracy of 3%)

I dont really find crisalisks all that hard, but I do lots of damage. I just circle strafe around them to get all there weak points, typically with a shotgun/melee.

also if anyone uses really fast firing weapons be sure to do the side quest you get from
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rxforwar on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tags added to last paragraph, could be a potential spoiler for people trying to find stuff on their own...)
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:59 am

nobody wrote:
and an FYI your eridium maxes out at 99. (and also becomes way to common later in the game.

Kinda like Borderlands 1? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm about half way towards lvl 13 and still doing quests in the snow Razz. There is seriously a lot more loot in this game than the first, there's a lot more chance of finding weapons in ammo chests etc.
Found my first 5 pink guns in the space of around an hour and a half Very Happy= :D, still only ever found 1 blue gun which was Flynt's Tinderbox Thinking . Strange how I have found so few of them blue ones .
I can see that this game will have insane replay value as expected. I can definitely see myself doing all these missions again with different builds/classes and in co-op Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:12 pm

I found an awesome rocket launcher that has 55,000 damage and slag, and its an etech weapon it shoots some sort of singularity thing when it explodes, creates a big circular thing over an enemy when it hits them (not like an explosion), but then I just completed the create slaughter dome on playthrough 2 and got a rocket that does 155,000
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 pm

If you're playing borderlands 2 without cobaltmonkey, you're doing it wrong. Cool
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:05 am

Lol I feel kind of silly now. All I had to do was look through my inventory. I had a much better torgue rifle with a vladof barrel in there and it makes short work of those fools. In fact zero seems very useful for dealing with crystalisks.

I thought you where going to build down cunning. Do you have any cunning skills? If so, what did you skip in sniping?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 am

Has anyone come across Terramorphous the invincible yet ?. Apparently he is even harder that Crawmanex !!!
Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top