Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

Borderlands 2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 am

Just found a odd shotgun (forgot name already lol) that shoots out 3 high electro orbs and will take out baddies with 2 bursts. Killed MAW with it in seconds and me only lvl 14.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 am

Rxforwar wrote:
If you're playing borderlands 2 without cobaltmonkey, you're doing it wrong. Cool

Yeah, if my Siren's not there to suddenly raise enemies off the ground and throw off your sniping, then you're just not getting the full challenge. Laughing
In the future, just assume that if there's someone there that's bigger than a standard bandit, he's going airborne.
Also, in case you're wondering why I sometimes do that to smaller enemies as well, it's because that's how I heal. Killing them while they're phaselocked makes them give off orbs that will heal 15% per one that finds you. If you healed suddenly and couldn't see why, it was probably me.
I do have the skill that's whatever they're calling Cauterize this time, I forget. It's the one that makes me heal you by shooting you in the face. Laughing

I've outleveled the quest curve, I think. Up to 22 now, and the missions I've got are all trivial or normal. It'd be nice if some of them would scale with you, provided they did it well like the Fallouts.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:45 am

Herro, my 6th Nation buddies! (^_-)/ I'm on this game, too! Get at me if you'd like to party up. <3 & here's my first BL2 vid. I'm looking for a title for my "play through". Any suggestions? I typically go for some irreverent!

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:44 am

so far the most damage I have done is 2,222,000

Mitchell wrote:
Has anyone come across Terramorphous the invincible yet ?. Apparently he is even harder that Crawmanex !!!
yep, and I killed him 3 times, before hitting level 50. 1st time with a party with a level 50 engineer, a level 47 gunzerker, a level 47 zer0 (me) and a level 40 engineer. took us 2 tries. he drops a legendary class mod called the slayer of terramorphus. gives increased burn damage, increase burn chance, increase in health (about 10k) and a +4 to 5 different skills. I have zeros and the sirens class mods the skills they boost are

Siren
ward
accelerate
minds eye
sweet release
flicker

Zer0
headshot
Optics
inconceivable
counter strike
iron hand

and while I think he should be a lot more challenging he is a very fun boss fight...unlike the final boss.

@silver no i am pure sniping. imo the melee builds are just not very good against decent enemies. and they require too many skill points, while you can go full sniping and get just about everything you need. though I did go down cunning for marked for death and death blossom for the 20% boost to damage for fighting terramorphous since he gets rid of any elemental effect on him every second or so, but that 20% from marked for death he cant remove. and out of the 2 melee trees I like bloodshed best. Many must fall is awesome for fighting weaker enemies.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 am

Feck this game is AWESOME !!. I thought this wasn't supposed to be as good solo because I am having the most fun I have had all year (narrowly beating out my Dead Space 2 playthrough and Skyrim adventures).

I'm just bursting into rooms, activating my gunzerking skill and just hammering the enemies with a bunch of eridium weapons. Blitzed through the mission where you rescue Roland just moments ago !!. Now I'm lvl 15 Very Happy= :D .

I did wish I was getting more powerful guns because I have had pretty much the same loadout the last few hours. Also, do you only get 1 skill point each lvl because there is no way I could max out even one skill tree of my character with that !!. I was hoping to max out my gunzerking skill .

My only real complaint concerning this game is some texture pop-in when just entering a new area but it is still GOTY in my book Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 am

you have enough to go all the way down 1 skill tree and half down another, or fully max out 1 and have a few left over for a second, but you wont be able to hit the bottom of the tree til 31 which is around where you will finish 1st playthrough.

also there are some really funky gun combinations. like I have a sniper with a Gatling barrel, which would be awesome if it wasn't also bolt action orly :orly:

EDIT: also abou the badass rank, you get less of a boost as it goes up. if youd boost a skill over 5% it stops giving you .5% and gives a .4% i imiagine it will continue to get lower and lower.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:18 am

OK cool, I'll just focus on gunzerking for this character with a bit of the brawn tree just for the max health increase.

EDIT: I had a golden key but lost it somehow so can't open the sanctuary loot chest, is that it for that preorder bonus or do you get one every playthrough ?
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 am

You do also get enough points to make it to the first "game changer" of all 3 trees. Would make for some interesting loadouts...
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 am

Good playing with you for a bit, Mitch! (^_-)d
Back to top Go down
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation
KinkyCrispy

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:30 am

I'm using the Siren and plan on maxing out the right skill tree, believe its 'Cataclysm'
I looked over the others and the only thing that seemed like it would be useful, was from the left tree 'motion'. When phaselocking it pulls jn nearby enemies.

Figure ill just live without it though
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:44 am

KinkyCrispy wrote:
I'm using the Siren and plan on maxing out the right skill tree, believe its 'Cataclysm'
I looked over the others and the only thing that seemed like it would be useful, was from the left tree 'motion'. When phaselocking it pulls jn nearby enemies.

Figure ill just live without it though
I looked at that tree pre-game release, and I can't get over how uberpowerful a maxed out cataclysm tree would be. It's pretty boss. I also did read somewhere that you can overclock abilities via mod or shield over 5/5, so maya is my kinda chic.

You know, if I wasn't already a robot assassin ninja.

I was going to loadout my zer0 sniper class, but remapped, b/c I can see how being a melee ninja early has advantages over being a sniper ninja. I'll remap it later. I'm going to push to the bottom of the bloodshed tree first.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:43 pm

I've taken my Siren down the Motion tree far enough to get the Converge, but I'm honestly not getting much out of it. It does do a bit of damage in addition to pulling them, but so far enemies don't generally clump up enough to have it grab more than one, and it doesn't hold them like it does the one you've locked. Probably going to take that point out and put it elsewhere. The points I put in Acceleration and Suspension to get to it were well spent though.
Probably taking the Harmony tree all the way down. Having my Phaselock slag enemies seems like a good idea.
Playing with the skill tree generator, I've decided to go all the way down the left side of Harmony, splitting the top tier 3/2 between Mind's Eye and Sweet Release.
Put points in Acceleration, Suspension (4), and Ward from the Motion tree, and that'll leave me just enough to get five points in Foresight for mag size and reload speed.
That actually won't leave me a spare point for any of the "game changer" skills at the mid level, but Converge was underwhelming, as I said, and Res only somewhat useful. If there are any points earned from quests, then that's where I'll put one though. My Siren will just focus on keeping people from dying in the first place.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Texture pop in is hard to eliminate when a game looks this good/has that many elements on screen at once and I've noticed some minor screen tears but nothing major. I also noticed that sometimes when picking things up the "Press SQUARE " prompt may not disappear if you choose not to pick up the item. This happened all the time in BL1 but it's only happened once to me so far in this game. I was hoping it had been fixed though.

EDIT: If you encounter this glitch don't worry. The same fix in BL1 works here too. Just look at something else and it will go away.

Last edited by s1lv3r4554551n on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Happened to me once too. Just have to open the menu to get rid of it, but darned if it isn't annoying.

Random fact for Final Fantasy fans, there's a challenge for killing enemies with a gun with a blade that increases melee damage on it. "A Squall of violence" I lol'd. Laughing
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Huh, I've never tried opening the menu. Good to know if there's nothing around and you simply can't stand it.

I love the many references in this game. The challenge for killing stalkers is called "You're one ugly mother..." lol, referencing Arnie's line in Predator 1.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Anyone know how to redistribute Skill Points? I thought I had seen a "reset" somewhere in Pandora, but now I can't find it. (>_<)
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:49 pm

It's at the character customization vendors, there's one in Sanctuary near the fast travel.
Back to top Go down
KinkyCrispy
Fifth Nation
KinkyCrispy

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Mitchell wrote:
It's at the character customization vendors, there's one in Sanctuary near the fast travel.
^^^ where you can change your character's head and skin. Bottom should a ReSpec option
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks, my dudes! (^_-)d
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Going to do some study now and then gear up for a big session tonight. I'm only lvl 16 and I have had this since release !!. Need to start churning out those side quests/mains story missions faster and find the more powerful loot Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wish it was mine, but sadly it isn't.
That vid there shows a shotgun that, like other weapons, explodes when you reload. Except it flies through the air, homing in on enemies, and emptying the rest of its clip into them first.
Shocked

Just as sadly, I have yet to find an orange of my own, or even purples. Just meh luck, I guess. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 pm

I found an orange SMG but it sucked compared to my eridium guns Sad .
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 am

Me has a orange shield that does massive fire novas when shield is down.

Best gun me found so far is a revolver that has a 8 clip and all the rounds fire at once and will kill most shields with 1 blast

Played with I_Like_Ninjas today mainly as his reviver/shield while he did badass challenges.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 am

I think I got that shield too Dingo, from the firehawk missions I think it was, I have since swapped it out with something even better.

Had a great time with this tonight, found Sanctuary again (story mission)and hit lvl 20. I also realized how big this game is, been wandering through HUGE areas and just picked up another 20 side quests Shocked . I have also seen a good increase in the quality of loot I've been getting. Gained plenty blues and purples in the last few hours of playtime.

Also been letting Goliaths level up to God-liath (max) lvl and then killing them for some nice loot. I usually get a couple of purples and the odd relic/class mod out of them Very Happy= :D . They really ain't that hard to defeat even at max level (well, when playing solo anyway). It will take ages but I'm intending to do every quest the game offers on my first character and then I'll be free to try other characters/co-op/try kill Terramorphous Razz .

This has quickly become one of the best games I have ever played, once you get going, you're hooked and I'm loving every minute of it Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:28 am

I'm gunna have to stop comming in this thread I'm so jealous Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top