Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Borderlands 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New gameplay footage.

Liam, I'm afraid your internets are required now. Give up food if you must! Laughing
(Not that there's "always on DRM" or anything. Just a joke.)
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 pm

hmm lack of HUD. what are they trying to hide Thinking
sooo, whos gonna play ninja? Very Happy= :D i know i am. theyre keeping that class pretty closed up right now
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 pm

you mean zer0? theyve got lots of info on him over at ign
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:07 pm

banded1 wrote:
hmm lack of HUD. what are they trying to hide Thinking
sooo, whos gonna play ninja? Very Happy= :D i know i am. theyre keeping that class pretty closed up right now

Yeah, and they appeared to be in god mode too. Doesn't really let you get a feel for the enemy or player power levels. Still, what new stuff we saw was nice. I like the apparent increase in enemy variety.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 pm

nobody wrote:
you mean zer0? theyve got lots of info on him over at ign

sorry mean gameplay footage. theyre always in gunzerker it seems. other than the one trailer, you dont see much else of him
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Dual wield RPGs he'll yeh !!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:17 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:

New gameplay footage.

Liam, I'm afraid your internets are required now. Give up food if you must! Laughing
(Not that there's "always on DRM" or anything. Just a joke.)

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am

Just for clarification, you can still play offline.
I require your internets, however. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 am

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
Very well then.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Two ten minute videos of gameplay, focusing on the Gunzerker and Siren.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:39 am

Posted this on another forum, thought id go ahead and share my thoughts with you guys as well

from what ive seen im not really liking the change of characters so far. My 2 favorite abilities were phase walking and running around beserk punching things in the face. and I know a lot of people loved the bird. now instead of going berserk and punching things we get dual wielding and while I am sure that it will be a really good versatile ability its not got that crazy over the top fun interesting stuff of most of borderlands. I mean yea unlike other games its any weapon, but thats like getting a soda that someone else drank out of instead of a fresh unopened can.

Phase walking was my absolute favorite ability, in a pinch about to die just phasewalk you basically become invincible (even if you cant do anything while in the mode) and you can safely retreat, and let your health regenerate, then you can come out of phasewalk and do massive damage. It was an extremly good extremly versatile move. now that move is limited to using it on an enemy or group of enemies. Now its not really clear exactly what sort of stuff happens when an enemy is phase locked cept that they are essentially suspended, but this means you no longer have a good survival ability, and since the siren is probably the weakest character she really needed that. Seems like phaselock will mostly be useful for exposing enemies weak spots (like the enemies with weak spots on their back) or if there is a single powerful enemy. but I really dont see phaselock working on the major bosses, which is generally how it works for most abilities like this. which makes it the only ability in all of borderlands that doesnt. and not being able to use your power on a major boss means your value as part of a team just dropped considerably, especially considering the siren isnt a heavy hitter and cant take much. (siren was my main class in the original)

I dont think they have really shown the new abilities for zero or the soldier class. they said that zero gets sniper buffs for meleeing and meleeing buffs from sniping. and he is all about sniping and meleeing. and they said he does a ridicukous amount of damage, and that when other players see just how much raw damage you are doing theyd be jealous. So I am thinking zer0 may get an ability similar to phasewalk. it would support him in many ways. he is a some sort of cyborg ninja assassin, and it supports him being able to get in and melee enemies, or he could stay back and shot someone and if shooting from cloak boosts his sniper like it boosted liliths melee then that could be what puts up those serious numbers they were talking about.

Apparently the new soldier has some sort of turret. never was a fan of roland. he was a very solid and helpful character (liked having one on my team, just didnt like playing him) but i just dont find him all that interesting to play, and i dont see him getting anything that would really make me want to play as him
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:28 pm

nobody wrote:
They nerfed ma favorite class! Grr!
Angry :angry:

Laughing

If you watch the two videos that I linked to on the previous page, you can see that the Siren is just fine in combat. You'll also hear that her ability is more than just holding, which is displayed there. With further skills you can pick them and slam them down, causing and AoE damage effect. Or use them to temporarily mind control a group of enemies into fighting for you.
You may have a valid complaint in that her ability might not work on bosses, but we don't know that. It may not work, or it may work only in a limited way, like slowing them down instead of freezing them completely. We just don't know yet.

I'll miss my good old Bloodwing too, but honestly it was pretty broken. I think they're trying to make PvP actually viable this game. I think the only PvP I lost after having my bird was against other Mordecais with birds. And honestly, did Brick ever stand a chance in a gunfight with a good player, particularly against Lilith who could just phasewalk out of anything. PvP went something like this:
Mordecai beats anything if his bird connects, but can lose to Lilith.
Lilith beats anything if she wait out their ability's duration with Phasewalk.
Roland beats Brick in most instances.
Brick beats Roland rarely.

I'm glad to see that getting shaken up a bit.

As for how durable the Siren is, she's downed exactly once in the video, and that's at exactly the same time as someone else. So I'm guessing she's not hurting too much in that area.

According to my Game Informer, Zero's ability is similar to phasewalk. He creates a hologram of himself that distracts enemies and turns invisible, but not invulnerable. Upgrades can have that decoy explode after a short time, for one. (And other things. Every class has options, but we don't know them all yet.)
Axton, the new Soldier, has a turret like Roland's, but with more customization. Upgrades let him toss it further, add more guns to it, or even deploy more than one.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:07 pm

thats kind of what I expected, they changed the siren phasewalk so it wasnt so similar to zer0s ability

(will respond to the rest later when im not also playing a game)
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

now for my proper response to the siren stuff, first of all I am not complaining that they needed her more that they took away what defined the siren. The siren was supposed to be the stealth character. That's why she phasewalked, and I never questioned the power of her phaselock, only that it effected a much smaller area, it can no longer be used as an escape mechanism. The time it really saved me the most was general Knox dlc vs the flying troopers. They'd hit mehard I'd have a hard time hitting them back since they were so agile and airborne, and had so much health, and then I'd phasewalk to survive. Prevented dying 20+ times in one stretch of the highwayish thing because of that. And her dying once in a short 10 or 20 minute video where they are showing off what they can do of course they aren't going to show it. Though I'm not necessarily saying she sucks now. Just that she has a totally different role.

Imo it feels like they took mordacai and lilith and combined them to create zer0. He has the sniping and such of mordacai with the melee and phasewalkingish abilities of lilith. glad to hear about zeros ability, i was already thinking I'd go with him, but the phasewalkingish ability on him pushes it over the top, and you were never technically invincible with phasewalk either. It was just perfect invisibilty so enemies totally ignored you, only way to take damage would be area effect

Edit: and I only played pvp a handful of times didn't really care for it. Game was perfectly fine without it at all imo, as will b2
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Quote :
it can no longer be used as an escape mechanism.
This seems to be your hang up. You're not using the same ability that's been altered, but rather an entirely new ability in the same vein. Since Lilith's still going to be around, then I'll bet she'll still be doing her own Phasewalking.

From the wiki:
Quote :
Each Siren has an ability unique to themselves. For example, Lilith has the ability to Phasewalk through another dimension for a short period of time, and Maya has the ability to Phaselock enemies, rendering them completely immobile.
So you can't think of any one specific thing as "The Siren's Role". What you're used to is just Lilith's specific role. Maya's will be different. Siren is more race than a class (albeit a a very small race of 6 people).

Yeah, Zero sounds like your best bet if you were fond of Lilith's playstyle. I'm thinking of going with Axton myself. Just hope he doesn't have Roland's problem of there being no good guns to go with his skills, or rather them being few and far between. I'm a big fan of the more "fire and forget" abilities like Bloodwing and the turret, something that can help out while I just continue to kill stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:37 am

Lilith had a role besides eye candy?
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:10 pm

The Collectors Ed for this game looks massive. $158 for it but looks like its worth it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:33 pm

That's some nice stuff, but it isn't worth nearly tripling the price of the game, imo.
And I really don't like the platform exclusive DLC. It isn't right when M$ does it to us, and the same goes for doing it to them. Neutral I was always bragging on Borderlands' mostly excellent DLC. Really hope they don't go further down this path.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Well its not triple price in Oz as new games range from $79 - $100 and the standard BL2 is $79 at 1 shop.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Is that the Oz price? The $158?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:11 am

I'm guessing that's the Aussie one. Check the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:36 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Is that the Oz price? The $158?
Ya $158 AUD and standard game is $79.

Yup Lod Thats it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:38 am

Looks sweet enough alright.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:40 am

Me just wanna know how big the chest is as me might use it as me nerf gun box.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 2   Borderlands 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:47 am

Lol I can see that!

Rough Estimate from this possibly?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top