Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Resistance 3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:26 am

map awareness is key the unlocks are a little help.
but i find i forget to activate my perks so i dont think they are a massive help
they just add a little bit of help .
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm

lol people love me or hate me in resistance games :/ lol
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Raistlin wrote:
Was good to finally get some online time. Got my butt handed to me for the first bit. once again, I clearly am not a TDM / objectives guy. Aut After a short bit I started getting my wins in Deathmatches. I enjoyed it. I just totally disagree that matchmaking will put level 30+ with under level 10s. Just totally unfair advantage with all of their unlocks compared to mine.

Once again, though I need to get used to the maps as well so....here's hoping I can reach my 2.0 on this Smile
Good to hear you're back! GL! I actually think people should take their lumps, but wouldn't actually have minded a "10 & below" MP option, just to let people get a bit used to the mechanics or whatever. Still, tbh, many would still get ripped by better players had this system been implemented.

TDM takes a bit to get used to, but once you do it's pretty cake. Like most modes & opponents, you may have to adjust according to their "strats", but once you do it's murdering time. Hehe. Make sure to party up after they change the TDM back to timed rounds, not this 5,000 pts bs. (^_-)d

Wadey wrote:
but i find i forget to activate my perks so i dont think they are a massive help
Abilities and attributes are also KEY in this game, imho. If you forget to activate and/or activate them needlessly, you are only handicapping yourself.

-Dj- wrote:
Well, iirc, you were a completely shameless Wraith user in R2? I can only assume as much because it's basically the only thing I saw you post up about, repeatedly. And don't worry, I'm not *watching* you or anything. It's just that I can read. LOL.

So, what are you doing in R3 that people would hate?

Last edited by redhamuSLA on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm

redhamuSLA wrote:
Wadey wrote:
Abilities and attributes are KEY in this game, imho. If you forget to activate and/or activate them needlessly, you are only handicapping yourself.

-Dj- wrote:
Well, iirc, you were a completely shameless Wraith user in R2? I can only assume as much because it's basically the only thing I saw you post up about, repeatedly. And don't worry, I'm not *watching* you or anything. It's just that I can read. LOL.

So, what are you doing in R3 that people would hate?
they just remember me from others games Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Quote :
I actually think people should take their lumps, but wouldn't actually have minded a "10 & below" MP option, just to let people get a bit used to the mechanics or whatever.
Crysis 2's multiplayer had this, and I can tell you it was much appreciated.
From the start I played that New Recruit mode, and was tearing things up nicely. Not that I didn't take my own lumps while getting the basics down. Then I hit level 11 and went to the normal play. Talk about one-sided. Ugh. Thrown to the level 50 wolves. Mad My skill was alright, but I couldn't compete with their superior unlocked abilities and perks.

I wish all the actual gameplay effecting options were available from the outset. And that the level system was done away with entirely. Instead, have anything you unlock be accomplished through gameplay challenges. Sort of like they did titles in MW2, but expand it to cosmetic accessories and such.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 pm

wtf a old clan i join in back in rfom wants me to join them in r3 lol
the people in this clan hated me back in rfom and r2 lol scratch
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Why did they not like you? (no sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 am

TheLastNinja wrote:
Six wrote:
Than just play hc

Ive tried, but those servers are so dead.
I have to laugh at all the a holes whole whined and cried about the nooby game and then dont even play the mode they cried for.
People can be so backwards sometimes.

Eh, from what I've heard, there's nothing in the matchmaking playlist options that says "Classic Hardcore", only a blank space as an option at the bottom.

Yes, but that blank space IS the button that selects hardcore. I tried it. It works.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:50 am

redhamuSLA wrote:

Wadey wrote:
Abilities and attributes are also KEY in this game, imho. If you forget to activate and/or activate them needlessly, you are only handicapping yourself.?

well i have tried the HC games and i can do just as good in them as i can in the normal games with all the extras.
and i take more time to choose my passive ability's than my activated ones.
i try to relie on my ability to read the game and be able to see my opponent and take them down.
the more you relie on the ability's the less you relie on your self imo.
i am not saying they dont help but just dont let them be rule your game Wink

Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 am

Wadey wrote:

well i have tried the HC games and i can do just as good in them as i can in the normal games with all the extras.
i try to relie on my ability to read the game and be able to see my opponent and take them down.
Perhaps there's been a small understanding. Never did I state that the R3 Abilities should "rule your game". They are not there for that & any player trying to employ them as such, will ultimately fail. In my mind, the R3 Abilities are there to compliment your individual skill (or lack thereof, take Leapers/Bubble Shield/Turret, etc.) & playstyle OR counter the use of other player's selected ones.

When I start a new game, I try my best to take all things in, all possibilities & options. Never do I limit myself until I gain firsthand experience & fully understand the in's & out's of the game and/or certain strategies/weapons. Stupid shizzle like OP weapons and/or exploitations are essentially left to the side at this point. I always look to gain the advantage provided by things classically thought of as "skillful", like HS's. I don't think any of my opponents could claim otherwise, unless they've provoked me. LOL.

That being said, "individual ability" is a somewhat subjective idea, imo. In my mind, all things in the game reflect a certain degree of "ability". This idea includes timing, frequency of use, placement, map knowledge, etc..

Basically, let's say that there are two players with the exact same gun skills. They use the same gun, HS the same, strafe the same, have the same map knowledge, etc.. The winner here, imo, will more often be the player that uses their Abilities better. I guess what I'm saying is, don't disregard the R3 Abilities. They could just be the deciding factor between you & your opponent. Be well-rounded. Do as many things to the highest degree as possible. (^_-)d
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:17 pm

TheLastNinja wrote:

Eh, from what I've heard, there's nothing in the matchmaking playlist options that says "Classic Hardcore", only a blank space as an option at the bottom.

And how many patches in to the game are we now, three? Rolling Eyes

IG need to fix this stuff and soon... I can't see why they are being so lack-lustre about sorting things out, three patches in and we're still being put into objective matches where you can't capture the objectives. Shrug

Nice points, Red... Plus one You should think about a series of tactical help videos on your YT channel, explaining perk choices and combinations etc.. Wink
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 pm

I know i havent been a round much on this area
and this might seem kinda snobbish and off topic of that others have been reading
But I think this game was a total waste of money.

Someone come get me when the game feels like it's been worked on for three years,
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:07 am

redhamuSLA wrote:
Wadey wrote:

Perhaps there's been a small understanding. Never did I state that the R3 Abilities should "rule your game". They are not there for that & any player trying to employ them as such, will ultimately fail. In my mind, the R3 Abilities are there to compliment your individual skill (or lack thereof, take Leapers/Bubble Shield/Turret, etc.) & playstyle OR counter the use of other player's selected ones.

When I start a new game, I try my best to take all things in, all possibilities & options. Never do I limit myself until I gain firsthand experience & fully understand the in's & out's of the game and/or certain strategies/weapons. Stupid shizzle like OP weapons and/or exploitations are essentially left to the side at this point. I always look to gain the advantage provided by things classically thought of as "skillful", like HS's. I don't think any of my opponents could claim otherwise, unless they've provoked me. LOL.

That being said, "individual ability" is a somewhat subjective idea, imo. In my mind, all things in the game reflect a certain degree of "ability". This idea includes timing, frequency of use, placement, map knowledge, etc..

Basically, let's say that there are two players with the exact same gun skills. They use the same gun, HS the same, strafe the same, have the same map knowledge, etc.. The winner here, imo, will more often be the player that uses their Abilities better. I guess what I'm saying is, don't disregard the R3 Abilities. They could just be the deciding factor between you & your opponent. Be well-rounded. Do as many things to the highest degree as possible. (^_-)d

nice post mate and i agree with all that you have sed Smile
i think the misunderstanding came from when you sed the abilitys are key. I took that as you must make them your top priority
thats what i took it as . Smile

queition if you pare scavenger with the wild-fire do you get unlimited rockets ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:17 am

Seyel wrote:
Cool Tony! :
I went to link my PSN to MyRes... and I notice I have forgotten my PSN password [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyone has ever used the site to recover the password? Is now under maintenance so I cannot do it but I wonder if it is a straight forward thing. Sad

There is an Email version to do it that works, if I can remember how I got it I'll send on the details to you.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:52 am

I dont remember who I was in game with when the question was asked. If it was anyone from around here

confirmed

Dash ability DOES work while carrying the flag.
Boy were those opposing team players pissed off.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:22 am

Seyel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 pm

My newest vid is up in my Vids Thread. It's entitled "Atomizer GAY". LOL. Come check it out. (^_-)d

I haven't actually played the game for a few days cuz I've been TIRED. Don't really know why, either. I hope to get some games in this weekend (which is tomorrow & the day after for me). Yay!
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Lmfao, taht Atomizer thing looks pretty OP there, Red. Can't believe you would degrade yourself with that content. I'm ashamed to know you! (^*^)
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 am

Static-Star1 wrote:
Lmfao, taht Atomizer thing looks pretty OP there, Red. Can't believe you would degrade yourself with that content. I'm ashamed to know you! (^*^)
Haha. You dick. (^3^)-chu!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 am

lolz

The road less traveled
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Smile i have a 2.5 k/d went 57/7 in 1 game
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Six wrote:
lolz

The road less traveled
I've ALWAYS said...I will have my revenge! I will make them weep with their own scrub-weapons! I will not be deterred! Angry :angry:

tongue
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Resistance 3 - Page 3 1282
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:56 am

I really don't understand the inclusion of the Wildfire or the Atomizer. That said, with my Marksman I managed to take down a Wildfire guy yesterday who was pointing right at me and spamming that sucker. That was satisfying.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Resistance 3 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:11 am

redhamuSLA wrote:
Six wrote:
lolz

The road less traveled
I've ALWAYS said...I will have my revenge! I will make them weep with their own scrub-weapons! I will not be deterred! Angry :angry:

tongue

You spelled "successful" wrong. Razz

You can't beat a noob with a noob weapon. It's like trying to bite zombies to death. You only swell their ranks.
Back to top Go down

Resistance 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: