Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

kingdom of Amalur

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:46 pm

watched a bit of playthrough... doesnt really interest me. character models bug me for some reason, and im usually not too picky about that kind of stuff
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm

holy crap this game is fun. I'm about 12 hours in, I've neverlayed a game with such an interesting main story. I'm going around doing the main quest and on the way picking up side quests, and I'm like oh that side quest seems really interesting, but I really wanna know what happens next in the main story. There is a lot of mystery there so I'm mainly interested to unravel that mystery

And about the curt schilling stuff, I don't really care what a developer does outside of making a game. It has no impact on the game, and its not like by buying the game I am endorsing his opinion
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 pm

nobody wrote:
holy crap this game is fun. I'm about 12 hours in, I've neverlayed a game with such an interesting main story. I'm going around doing the main quest and on the way picking up side quests, and I'm like oh that side quest seems really interesting, but I really wanna know what happens next in the main story. There is a lot of mystery there so I'm mainly interested to unravel that mystery

And about the curt schilling stuff, I don't really care what a developer does outside of making a game. It has no impact on the game, and its not like by buying the game I am endorsing his opinion

I'm glad you are enjoying the game !!! Very Happy= :D I've decided I wont be buying the game. I won't give Schilling any of my money by buying his product... Buying the game is not an endorsement of his opinions but it does enable him to be able to be able to do and say things like I quoted with impunity. Its purely my own personal way to not reward public business figures who spew trash like that. Again no judgement on your purchase I hope you enjoy it. This is not the first time I've boycotted products based on the makers public thoughts and actions... back in the day I refused to buy bed sheets from the KKK even tho they were real cheap and only used at one or two cross burnings. Wink
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Wait.. wait.. what did I miss ?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:06 pm

He is a developer you aren't giving him any money, he is getting paid for the job he did, the publishers get money from sales.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:39 pm

I should find time to download and play through the demo of this at some point , am intrigued
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 pm

nobody wrote:
He is a developer you aren't giving him any money, he is getting paid for the job he did, the publishers get money from sales.

So you have personally looked at the contract he has with EA ??? You are 100% certain that there are no back end points on the deal ? Even if there wasn't and it was just a flat fee paid, I don't want to support Schilling's company in future endeavors which may be dependent on this game. I also dislike the way EA has released the game (you can read Cobaltmonkey's posts for particulars). I really hope you enjoy the game its your choice and I respect your right to buy and play it. I've not said one negative word about you doing so. Please respect my choice not to purchase the game for whatever reason and my right as a member of this community to post why I decided not to.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:12 pm

well obviously not, but that's generally how the publisher developer relation works
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:18 am

nobody wrote:
well obviously not, but that's generally how the publisher developer relation works

Generally , usually and most of the time thats true.... but obviously you made an assumption and then based your post on that. Please do some homework before you tell me I'm wrong or at least be nicer about it. If you carefully read the EA annual report and proxy statement for 2011 you will see they do make payments and Royalties to different developers they do not own outright. The payment structures differ depending on how much money and support EA actually has to give the developer up front. Dice and other "partners" do better than the smaller ones without "partner" status. The State of Rhode Island gave Schilling's company 75 million bucks to play with so I wonder if they had to take any startup money from EA at all.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:46 am

*sigh* wasn't specifically calling you wrong, and while I do find this discussion interesting, I really do want to talk about amalur with other people so can we have the conversation elsewhere. If you want.

Also if you don't want to support them but you do wanna get the game just buy used. Gamestop or whoever you buy from gets 100% of the money. And the "online pass" content really isn't a big deal. You miss out on Shepard's armor which is only for might classes anyways, and a quest line that is just fighting in an arena, and is only about an hours worth of content. Its a decent source of cash, but nothing real important overall.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm

nobody wrote:

*Sigh* Yeah you didn't specifically say I wrong (sarcasm intended). Sigh, sigh sigh........ I hate it when people who sigh at me have amnesia... and an innate inability to admit they were wrong. Actually I notice you tend to *sigh* a lot at folks who post here. Superiority complex ??
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:00 pm

I sigh as a sign of laziness, because I don't want to have to explain something in detail. I have no problem in admitting I was wrong, I just thought it was so obvious that I was that I didnt need to specifically say "I was wrong" you were apparently quoting some document of EA's and I said that I was saying it based off of how it is in general.

I didnt think it really mattered who was right and who was wrong, but what was right and what was wrong, and from the sounds of it assuming EA doesnt outright own 38 studios, which they may, but for the sake of argument lets just assume they dont, then buying this game does put money in some form into curts pocket which is what you dont want. so you are totally justified in not buying the game (though I personally think it makes little to no difference one way or the other)

but like I said just buy the game used and the only person youd be giving any money to is gamestop (or wherever you bought it from)
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Or you know... Steal it from someone outside of game/stop/wallmart whatever, then technically he would loose one sale ... Since you didn't buy it and he will be out 60 big ones Twisted Evil ... MUAHAHAHAHA kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 886746 that'll show him.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:11 pm

I think this like of discussion stopped being productive about a page ago.
Differing opinions have been noted by any who would be interested, I'm sure.

Rr, I think you were a little too touchy.
Nobody, you did come across as offensive with that repeated *sigh*ing, whether it was intentional or not (though I've never heard of a 'sigh of laziness' being directed at someone you're having a conversation with.)

Either way, please take any further discussion on this particular aspect of the topic to PMs, because it does seem to be riding the line of civility pretty closely out here.

At any rate, let's take it from about here:

nobody wrote:
shall we? Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I wasnt sighing at anyone, just started what I said off with a sigh. any time I have ever done that was not directed at anyone.

does anyone else actually have this or am I the only one here?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, I'm afraid that's not at all how it looked, otherwise Rr (and at least me too) wouldn't have thought it directed at him.
But let's just all drop it. It's over and done with now.

I'm considering picking this game up used myself. Hearing good things about it from other friends. And as long as I can pay little enough to compensate for what I still suspect is the chopped content "online pass bonus" while not giving EA money, then I suppose it's fine. Still likely won't be getting it for some time though.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:16 am

started my game up tonight because apparently there were only about 10 people playing GCI, LOL. im happy with the game so far. i am not feeling overwhelmed by the game world at all and had a good 4 hour long session that felt like 15 mins (my bladder disagreed on that with imminent urination warning pains). i did have one freeze while picking a flower, but that was it.

i played world of warcraft when it first launched for about a year, and had a blast. this game reminds me of WoW alot, but in good ways. it borrows a little from most of the western rpgs ive played during the last few years and just plain feels "comfortable". like how final fantasy 9 felt after such a long hiatus from the medieval fantasy world.

i love the art style, and the combat system demands that i be attentive and alert.

when reading reviews for this game i have found people trying to compare it skyrim, and i dont believe you can accurately measure both of them on the same scale. if you are expecting skyrim, you will be massively disappointed.

another harrowing and long winded rant courtesy of me!

Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 am

having a blast so far. i am level 9 with a balanced build, with a heavier finesse emphasis. ive got some fae blades for my main, and am using a purple great sword i found in a hidden loot stash.

have barely even touched the main quest yet because of the sidequests sucking me in. no glitches to report, stable after 5 hours of continuous play.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 am

I recommend not focusing on the main story. I did and just did any side quests on my way. Now I beat it and all the enemies are so weak compared to me its boring. I'll probably. Just make a new character instead of mopping up all the side quests like this
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:00 pm

im kind of going town by town. im avoiding faction quests because i dont know if you can join multiple ones or if you pick one if that keeps the other ones from popping up.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 pm

yea you can join and do all of them
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 am

started the warsworn quests tonight and am really enjoying them. i keep telling myself just one more quest, just one more quest. sure enough its 5:00am and ive been playing for 4 hours. no problems with the game so far, very stable.

things i need to do: gather up as much shards as i can to make gems for weapons and armor, get the stupid quest done finding all the books for the church in the first town, and hunt down the lorestones in the first couple "zones". but ill probably come across some schmuck on the road who needs help, so that stuff will never get done, hahaha.

also if you ordered this from amazon at release price you will get a coucher because the price dropped on it. this can be used on your next purchase, so huzzah!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 am

still fun!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:25 am

still loving this game! each new area that i scamper along in is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: kingdom of Amalur   kingdom of Amalur - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm

I got this game when it launched and never regretted it. Love it. Started Rogue, switched to warrior, now I smack people with a giant hammer. MUWHAHAHA.
Back to top Go down

kingdom of Amalur

View previous topic View next topic Back to top