Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 pm

enemies scale,so if you go there at low levels the likely wont have those weapons. plus youd have a real hard time killing em anyways.

if your a heavy armor stealth character than get the heavy armor perk to make it not weigh anything
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:13 pm

nobody wrote:

if your a heavy armor stealth character than get the heavy armor perk to make it not weigh anything

hummm well i am an heavy Armour player it at about lev 70 but i have not even looked at putting points into it yet.
but if i can make my Armour weigh nothing i need to start putting points into it me thinks.
thanks nobody i will have to start playing this again.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:19 pm

nobody wrote:
enemies scale,so if you go there at low levels the likely wont have those weapons. plus youd have a real hard time killing em anyways.

They will always have those weapons , even at lower levels = confirmed. Though I wouldn't bother until u have decent armor .

@Wadey , that heavy armor perk is very useful , especially if you're running a full set of Daedric armor like I am Wink
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm

nobody wrote:
you miss understood my post. it doesnt matter how many dungeons youve cleared, so no need for getting defensive like that

Its all good ! I wasnt being defensive ........just talking about what I enjoy doing in this game tbh. One of the things I really like is wandering around discovering things and places not really doing much at all sometimes. Some people rush through the main quests, others play with different characters its really amazing the variety and replay value. I did finish the Sanguine quest Mitch mentioned earlier and got my first few staffs. I checked and I'm a level 17 with 11 dungeons cleared. BTW +1 for you for all the advice and help you have been giving everybody Thanks !

Last edited by rrwatch on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:23 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Might this do the trick ??

http://skyrimcalculator.com/

I love you Mitch!

ummm... like a brother...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:51 am

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1332899-am-i-the-first-to-discover-this-synergy-with-necromage-perk-and-vampirism/
Someone posted this on reddit.

The short of it is that being a vampire not only gives you all the different stat effects and such, but it also actually flags your character as an Undead. This is important because of the Necromage perk in Restoration that makes all your spells affect Undead more strongly. Including any enchantments on your armor/jewelry, any of your spells that target you (including all Conjuration), and some Shouts.

Quote :
My mystery began when I picked the Necromage perk so I could do more damage vs. draugr and thrall level 50 pets instead of 40. Then I noticed my Become Etherial shout was lasting a long time and the recast was shorter. Then I noticed that when I put on a necklace that grants 15 bonus to carrying capacity, it actually added 19.

It finally dawned on me today:

If you become a Vampire, Bethesda has made it so that YOU ARE FLAGGED AS UNDEAD. That means the Necromage perk that makes all spells have greater effect on undead WORKS ON YOU TOO!! That also works on enchantments on your clothes and conjuration summons (since they're actually a spell cast on yourself...my dual casted Dremora lord shows as duration 6 minutes)

My Archmage robes now have the following stats: 125% magicka regen, 18% reduction in casting costs, 62 bonus magicka

My Nahkriin Mask (the last one) shows as 25% reduction to restoration and destruction costs (instead of 20%) and gives 62 bonus magicka (vice 50)

My Talos necklace and talos buff from shrine still show the same display stats, but Become Etherial usually has recast 20 seconds. With two talos buffs it's 12 second recast. With Necromage and two talos buffs, it's 10 second recast. AND, the actual shout lasts longer. Become Etherial lasts longer than the recast. It used to last 8 seconds and now it lasts longer than 10. I can literally run through the game invincible and it uses no exploit...just making myself undead and picking a perk that affects undead.

My 60% magicka regen ring is now a 75% magicka regen ring.

My Fire Resist boots that provided 40% resist now provides 50%

There is now a DAMN good reason to be a vampire mage in addition to the illusion bonus.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 pm

RHYN0X wrote:
Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Might this do the trick ??

http://skyrimcalculator.com/

I love you Mitch!

ummm... like a brother...

Thanks!

No problem , happy to help !!

I am still having trouble finding this blasted Sam dude to start that quest . I looked in Solitude taverns and Riften , will go for Whiterun next .
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:16 pm

I found Sam in The Bannered Mare in Whiterun Mitch. He is a plain looking guy in robes, no hood, dark hair, who sounds a little drunk. The quest is a little long but the booty is pretty decent. Make sure you check all chests in the last Dungeon or you could miss out on some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 pm

rrwatch wrote:
I found Sam in The Bannered Mare in Whiterun Mitch. He is a plain looking guy in robes, no hood, dark hair, who sounds a little drunk. The quest is a little long but the booty is pretty decent. Make sure you check all chests in the last Dungeon or you could miss out on some good stuff.

OK , I'll head there next , already done 7 daedric quests , love these quests and you always get an awesome item/weapon from them Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:43 am

not to mention the locations for the quests are all mistly in the middle of nowhere. you can skip some of it ifbyou go to the hagraven related to the quest. i stumbled upon her on accident and was totally confused by the confersation, but then that questline skipped forward a bunch...never had to go to rorikstead
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am

I love Daedric quests. They're so fun.

Also, I finally went and saw the greybeards. At level 50. Now, I'm addicted to going to them and getting info on where to go to learn more words of power and don't think I'm going to stop until I find ALL of them.

Like 95 hours of playtime or so, I believe. Pushing 100.

9.5 MB save file, getting frame rate issues every once in a while when lots of stuff happens. =\
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm

i made a new character. a pure wizard. and he killed his 1st giant at level 5.

it was pretty funny though. i had a random hire, and he kept trying to attack the giant and would get hit and go fying, but since your followers cant die unless you hit them id see him runningback to me to fight the giant and get sentup to the heavens again. that happened over 10 times
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:34 pm

nobody wrote:
i made a new character. a pure wizard. and he killed his 1st giant at level 5.

it was pretty funny though. i had a random hire, and he kept trying to attack the giant and would get hit and go fying, but since your followers cant die unless you hit them id see him runningback to me to fight the giant and get sentup to the heavens again. that happened over 10 times

I got hit by a giant the other day and it hit me into the stratosphere literally....... me and my son laughed for at least 5 minutes nonstop. It surprised me because when I got hit by one before it only sent me flying back into some rocks.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:40 pm

yea, usually you get sent up like that. at least when they do that ground slam thing
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 pm

I think I am going to have to start a new character, got to the thieves guild mission where you have to take the armor they give you forever ago. I didn't keep it so I can't finish the thieves quest line. Kinda annoyed, no one I can steal it from or kill and take it from in the thieves guild is there?
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Have you tried talking to everyone? Someone might give you another set.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 am

you mean the nigting gale armor?
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 am

Na the first set of armor they give you, in one of the later quests they ask u to upgrade one piece of it, but i dont remember what i did with it. Probably disenchanted it or something for exp
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 am

Im using that Guild armor right now. Ive only done the one quest so far.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 am

you cant disenchant unique items. and if ou sold it that merchant should still have it
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:47 am

hmm time to hunt down the merchant, that should be fun. I didnt think you were allowed to sell or drop quest items either?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:12 am

technically its a quest reward not a quest item. are you sure you need to upgrade it to continue the thieves guild questline?
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 am

Yeah I just found it on the skyrim wiki page, it basically said im screwed for that quest line. Here is the quote from the page.

"For the above reasons do not under any circumstances sell your Thieves Guild Armor back to Tonilia or any other merchant as there will be no way at all to retrieve it. So far there seems to be no possibility of this issue being fixed on console"
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am

Thinking Kill someone that has one and steal it from them? thought Tonilia would have another you could buy.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 pm

I havn't found anyone that wears it in the thieves guild. Maybe ill have to save it and go on a killing spree to make sure Laughing I dont think tonilia sells it either
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top