Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Any ideas of what 'Dawnguard' might include?

I'd say Thalmor stuff... The whole undoing of the Dawn Era type stuff and having the boss skills of stopping them from doing it. So "Guard of the Dawn Era"? Maybe this means going back to Morrowind?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Why would anyone want to go back to Morrowind? It's the Capitol Wasteland of Tamriel now. Puzzled
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Not the whole of Morrowind, maybe a specific location such as Vvardenfell, The Red Mountain or something like that. There has to be something there since the events that happened in TES 3 and 4.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:12 pm

i-like-ninjas wrote:
Not the whole of Morrowind, maybe a specific location such as Vvardenfell, The Red Mountain or something like that. There has to be something there since the events that happened in TES 3 and 4.

Yes, there has. It was a terrible book IMO.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:16 pm

One possibilty I've seen discussed is more "time wounds" enabling gamers to visit places in the past like Dwemer cities. Supposedly a file was found on one of the latest Skyrim updates with snowelves and Vampire animations. It be awesome to see how and why the snowelves were turned into the Falmer. The Vampire animations include hypnosis and feeding. Oh yeah the Microsoft exclusives will give Xbox gamers a 30 day headstart for at least two DLC.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:01 pm

I heard something about elves too Thinking
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:49 am

Someone went through some patch notes and found references to crossbows and snow elves.

Xbox gets 30 days priority on DLC.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:52 pm

It would be cool to see some snow elves and what the heck happened to them. A crossbow sounds pretty cool too, but probably not too much of an advantage over some regular bows you can make in the game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:23 pm

"Some people want special bows that take too long to reload and use special arrows called bolts. M'aiq thinks they are idiots."
--M'aiq the Liar, Oblivion
Laughing

TES Wiki wrote:
They were led by a Snow Elf known only as the Snow Prince who led them into a genocidal campaign against the first humans in Tamriel, the Nords of Nede lineage that had immigrated to Skyrim from Atmora.

The Snow Prince was slain by a child at the battle of Moesring. Due to the death of the Snow Prince, the elves' hope was shattered and some fled the battle. It's not known what the exact date was, but it was sometime at the start of the second Era. The Nords then mounted a reprisal campaign and killed Snow Elves by the thousands. The Snow Elves retreated underground where they found refuge with the Dwemer.

The Dwemer betrayed the Snow Elves, however, force-feeding them a toxic fungi that inflicted blindness. The poisoning effects of the fungi caused the Snow Elves to devolve into the twisted beings they have become, the Falmer.
Back to top Go down
Revv
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Maybe we will just see the return of the snow elves in the DLC. (from the elder scrolls wikia page)

"There is speculation that the Snow Elf will eventually become a surface-dwelling race once again as there have been reports of more and more organized surface raids of Falmer attacking cattle and crops for food."

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm thinking that's going to take another time jump like the 200 year spam from Oblivion to Skyrim. Or something pulling them through time perhaps. At any rate, the current Falmer are at about the level of Goblins. Isolated tribal societies. Something would need to magic their DNA pretty hard to get them back up to the status of the other races. Not that that's out of the question.
I'm betting on just some Snow Elf ruins, or possibly a hidden citadel somewhere if they're in the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:46 am

"A wizard did it."
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:03 am

I like the isolated citadel where a bunch of Snow Elf have lived for generations and haven't converted to Falmer. Remember tho that the Elder Scrolls can create time wounds , they were used to help learn the shout needed to defeat Alduin. I heard that a Elder Scrolls MMO is in the works for 2113.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:24 am

"2113"?
Hey now. This isn't a Valve or Blizzard title. Razz
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:40 am

Oh nos its another Duke Nukem !
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
"2113"?
Hey now. This isn't a Valve or Blizzard title. Razz

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 886746

Maybe they might decide to be like them though since both of those devs make great multiplayer games. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:21 am

You mean ones that work?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Can anyone tell me if there are codes I need to enter in PS3 version of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion goty to get the dlc or does it start automatically? I just saw a decent price in it used but I don't want to buy a game with used DLC codes.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:53 pm

The DLC is already in the game you don't need any codes
The quest lines for each part of the DLC you find ingame.
I bought the goty edition as well Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

rrwatch wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there are codes I need to enter in PS3 version of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion goty to get the dlc or does it start automatically? I just saw a decent price in it used but I don't want to buy a game with used DLC codes.
DLC is purchased through the PSN like any other title.
The exception is, as Wadey said, the GotY edition that includes the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansions. Those are on disc in that version, and yeah they start automatically.

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm

You Rock ! Thanks for the fast reply Wadey, I just ordered it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:42 am

Still worth it. Very different from Skyrim though, remember that.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:31 am

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 Last-resort
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:17 pm

So, I have no idea if this has been posted yet, but here you go:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 11 EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Laughing
That is pretty good.
I'd only seen the first part in the store before.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top