Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:12 am

*goes back to playing Console based RPG's*
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Joooooiiiiin uuuuuuus.

Current games I'm in:

Tomb of Horrors (Pathfinder)
-Party (all 9th level except Arbiter):
--Duergar Psychic warrior (me)
--Human Ranger
--Arbiter Rogue
--Elan psionic casterbater (not sure of the class; this character also may or may not be a nazi)
--Human monk
- This has been easy so far, since we have a rogue thats ridiculously good at finding and disarming traps and a tank that can take pretty much anything the dungeon can throw at us; the only hiccup we've had is a run in with a mutant gargoyle that nearly killed the monk. However, we're not very far into the dungeon, and there's plenty of time for us to die horribly.

Carrion Crown (Pathfinder)
-Party (all 1st level)
--High Goblin Hexcrafter bladebound magus (me)
--High Goblin Undead Lord Cleric
--High Goblin Bard
-- ? Inquisitor
--Half-Giant Soulknife
This game hasn't started yet, but having 60% of the party be Paizo goblins (which are all crazy and cute in a raving psychopath kind of way) which are all related to each other (which the DM doesn't know about yet) shows lots of promise.

Aladoren (Hero System)
This game won't start for a couple months, and is still in planning phases, but it should be fun. Especially since I can make a character without help as a player new to the system. Which is an achievement unto itself.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 pm

lolololololol I love this video.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Thats not representative of the average game of any TTRPG. There aren't enough Monty Python quotes.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:13 pm

omega9 wrote:
Thats not representative of the average game of any TTRPG. There aren't enough Monty Python quotes.

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 886746 its funny cause its true Razz
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I was terribly offended by that stereotypical remark, Omega. Now, I'm going to count to three, and it had better be gone by the time I do.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 1931472354

What systems do people here primarily play?
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:27 pm

RPGs <3 love 'em. Got Cross edge, disgaea 3, eternal sonata, fallout3/nv, and oblivion for the ps3. Few other games here and there on my psp, ds respectively, also play some D&D 4.0 with the dice, paper, capes, chains, whips, er... <_< >_> You guys read nothing.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm a bigger fan of JRPGs than WRPGs, but only just so. Frankly, I've had more fun out of Fallout than Final Fantasy lately. Hoping that'll change with FF Vs XIII...and that Skyrim then gives it a run for it's money. Very Happy= :D

@Omega:
Earthdawn & Shadowrun.
I have experience with D&D (3rd edition, I think), Aberrant (terribly broken game, but can be fun), Paladium, and a little bit of Conan.
Of all these I only own the books for Earthdawn and Aberrant.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Neoshine wrote:
RPGs <3 love 'em. Got Cross edge, disgaea 3, eternal sonata, fallout3/nv, and oblivion for the ps3. Few other games here and there on my psp, ds respectively, also play some D&D 4.0 with the dice, paper, capes, chains, whips, er... <_< >_> You guys read nothing.
Thats all?

Currently playing Pathfinder (D&D 3.75+), but I'm also preping for a game of Hero. I've played D&D 4e, D&D 3.5, Deathwatch, and Savage Worlds. Good times.

On the screen, Kingdom Hearts and Golden Sun have been my favorite series from Japan, though Fallout and Oblivion have triumphed over their far east counterparts as of late.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:17 pm

You try Demon's Souls, Omega?
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:19 pm

I've played D&D since advanced D&D stuff, my dad had the books and passed 'em on to me. but I mostly stick to 4.0 right now.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

I like games like Fallout and Mortal Kombat, so not sure what they are classified as lol
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Fallout is a WRPG, Western Role Playing Game. (As in from the Western Hemisphere, not as in with cowboys. Laughing)
MK is a fighting game.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Embarassed
facepalm2
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Noob :noob:

Razz
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Hey! I'm just not use to this whole gaming thing, give me time, its only been about 4 years...
Razz
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:06 am

Quote :
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon." -Street Proverb
Ah, Shadowrun. Tough to say whether or not I like this or Earthdawn more.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:44 am

So how dnagerous is it to fumble a grenade in Shadowrun?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Depends on the grenade, the stats of the fumbler, and the location.
Some grenades are actually programmed not to detonate unless they've gone a certain distance.

Assuming the fumbled grenade isn't one of those...
If a Troll drops a grenade at his feet in an open field, he'll probably live. Be pretty injured, but live.
If an elf drops one at his feet in a small room, he's probably toast. Depending on his armor.

Why?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:50 pm

'Cause I've heard that fumbled grenades in Shadowrun end campaigns.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Probably depends a lot of which set of rules you're using.
Vanilla was a lot more unforgiving. pale
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

In the game that starts tommorrow, I plan on playing a goblin magus. Unfortunatley, the village that we start in may or may not kill my character on sight. So, community, I impart upon thee the task of making me a first level, 25 point buy pathfinder character!!!

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Hmm I made a character sheet in Microsoft excel a few months ago and thats all ive been using lately. I just bring my laptop and I can make the neccesary changes on the screen, without having to constantly erase your health/healing surges etc. Im not sure how to put that kind of file up on here so if anyone wants to take a look, lemme know and I can email it to you or something.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I shall get on this tonight when I return.

Question though. What are the racial stat modifiers for a goblin? They're not on the chart.
Back to top Go down

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top