Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

Resistance 2 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:29 pm

I got my copy of FoM back the other day. We should have a FoM party sometime.
Back to top Go down
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:48 pm

i remember that you were doing fine
you don't learn from your mistakes as fast as you need to
everytime you die you should learn from it
i do everytime i die
during the respawn i try and think how i could have played it differently

every game is the same
tdm
stay out of open area's
get yourself in a position were once your done with the gun fight you can get to cover to rehealth
use the perimeter of the map never go into the middle
if there is a gun fight and your not involved try to get around them and flank from the side
try not to get behind them because thats how you get spawned on
always try to hit from the side
get your kills then get away rehealth then repeat

obj
to be good at this you have to move fast get behind them and flank
kd doesn't matter win's do
Back to top Go down
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Six"Haunted"HousePull wrote:

let me know when you guys put something together ill jump on and play with you
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks guys for all your support. It was possibly an over reaction on my part to say I wouldn't play TDM's again, but it was the first time I encountered that kind of BS online. Now that it has happened, I probably won't get as upset in the future. If it does, I'll simply give them the mental two fingers, laugh it off and play on. I wasn't going to quit online play completely, just TDM. I am able to manage some bit in DM. Having taken a break for a few days, I'm ready to come back and let the world laugh. I'll laugh back.

Eat, the lag in R2 is terrible, shooting guys and they going down when you are nearly ready to respawn. It's ridiculous. That alone would make you want to chuck it in. But I was playing hte Uncharted 2 beta for the past few days, trying to get practise for the main event. The lag is even worse. I was actually booted from the game on five separate occassions in the one night. You'd be in the middle of a takedown, and "you are disconnected from the PlayStation network" would appear. It's terrible.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm

mthrfckr1002 wrote:
Six"Haunted"HousePull wrote:

let me know when you guys put something together ill jump on and play with you
Most definetly.

kratosXS"pooky" wrote:
Thanks guys for all your support. It was possibly an over reaction on my part to say I wouldn't play TDM's again, but it was the first time I encountered that kind of BS online. Now that it has happened, I probably won't get as upset in the future. If it does, I'll simply give them the mental two fingers, laugh it off and play on. I wasn't going to quit online play completely, just TDM. I am able to manage some bit in DM. Having taken a break for a few days, I'm ready to come back and let the world laugh. I'll laugh back.

Thats the spirit.
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 am

That's crap Kratos. Again, I've played games with you and you weren't bad at all. TRUST ME, everyone struggles with this game when they first start out. Especially when others have a head start on you. I am STILL trying to get my k/d up from when I started. I am some 20,000 kills in and have a below 1 k/d. But when I started, it seemed like everyone was cheating. I didn't know the carbine had a 40. I was jumping into beacons with a marksman full speed. I had no idea the pulse cannon had two fires. You can imagine what I thought when someone was invisible. It was a disaster.

And like Leo said, there are a lot of Kratos's in the game so I'm not sure this girl had any idea what she was talking about (insert female joke here).

The game takes practice, come have fun and play some games with us. Besides, we may play this game for fun, but I'm sure if you're playing with your clan mates here, you won't find people talking trash about any of us. Other than, "oh no, it's THAT clan." lol

You know you can join my party ANY time you see me on. You don't need an invite, it's always open.

BTW, try some unranked games from time to time as well. The competition is easier, the scores don't matter, and it gives you a chance to find the weapon you like and really improve with it. I practice my sniper a lot in unranked and have gotten a lot better with it. Also, I really did find Raistlin's help videos very useful. I watched those when I first started even before I knew him. It's pretty funny now, lol.

PS- I would love if you PM'd her PSN to me. I would never say anything, but I would LOVE to end up in a game against her. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 am

It was great to see you on Eat. I don't seem to run into you in game too much. Sucks that we only got one game in.

I jumped in on your unranked right before you signed off.

Leo and I got some serious gaming in yesterday. It was so nice to finally have a lot of time to play again. Eve got in a little, but I think he was set on Co-op for the most part. I've been kindof tired of co-op recently. Too repetitive.

Edit: this was a poorly worded post, but I think it made sense at least so I'll leave it. Cool
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 am

Yeah, Jon. Nice to see you too. I could have stayed in the party but all you would have heard for the next hour over the mic was "huh? it took ten seconds for him to die", and "what? someone who wasn't even there just melee'd me", and "I run over the ammo boxes but it won't let me pick any up". Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 am

etw you up for some practicec on rfom
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:24 am

eatthepumpkin wrote:
Yeah, Jon. Nice to see you too. I could have stayed in the party but all you would have heard for the next hour over the mic was "huh? it took ten seconds for him to die", and "what? someone who wasn't even there just melee'd me", and "I run over the ammo boxes but it won't let me pick any up". Very Happy= :D

I've got some lag problems from time to time, but you seem to have it much worse than I ever do. That sucks.

I've noticed in the morning for me it lags, but as the day goes on it gets better and better. Leo always talks about the different servers, I'm thinking I must get more americans later in the day. The biggest issues I always have is the shot registers. I can't stand shooting a guy, dying, watching him run around the corner and then he dies. I've died well after I've gotten behind a wall as well (and we're not talking bullseyes). I would throw my controller through the TV if I didn't love my flat screen so much. :geek:
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:54 pm

mthrfckr1002 wrote:
etw you up for some practicec on rfom

I think I can in an hour from now. Busy with the kids & stuff at the moment.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Change of plan. Can't get on tonight. Maybe tomorrow otherwise not until Saturday at the earliest.
Back to top Go down
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 2:24 pm

ok np just let me know about tomorrow
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:59 pm

ATTENTION ALL CLANMATES! ATTENTION ALL CLANMATES!

I need to make a few sincere apologies to a few people viz.

Six, Josey, Leo, Jon, and Eve.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but for the past few days I have been avoiding you like the Plague. If I went online and saw you playing R2, I wouldn't play it myself or would play something else. I was afraid I would get a party invite, and I didn't want to join parties.

After the incident with Miss Smartass, I didn't feel much like playing at all. But the words of support I received here kept me going. I can thank her for one thing though, she made me more determined to improve. I knew I had the backing of the clan, and that was the most important thing. However, no matter how many of you gave me advice on how to play the game, I just couldn't put the pieces together.

Enough, I said. I knew I had to get away from the party scene for a while, a sabbatical if you like. The next few days I spent trying to incorporate all the advice I had been given. I needed to improve in DM before I could even start to hope to improve in TDM. One day, things just started falling into place. I had noticed for a while that my accuracy was improving. I was consistently getting over 50% accuracy. But then I started moving up the rankings.

I had no internet last night, so the night before I played in four ranked games. The first one was still bad, but there were five Wraith users, so can't judge on that. I came second in the next two, while I won the fourth. These kind of results were unthinkable even last week.

It suddenly occurred to me that if I applied the same principles to TDM, I might improve there also. So I started looking at TDM's as no more than DM, only on a larger scale. I started looking for the smaller battles, rather than confront the batallion. I started getting confident in my strafing, knowing that in one on one's I was getting better. If I was going to die, I was going to try to take someone with me. I ditched the Marksman, which I had been using as I couldn't manage the Carbine in larger matches. But now I am glad to say that the Carbine is the only weapon I am comfortable with.

You know the saying about not being able to see the forest for the trees? Well it was something like that except I couldn't see the trees for the forest. I was letting the bigger picture obscure my view of what was basically DM. With my new strategy I started seeing more. I saw more enemies that I could kill. I saw more ways of avoiding being killed myself. All the good advice and tips I was getting suddenly became crystal clear. I started being happy playing the game once more.

But it was necessary to take these few days and practice on my own. I remember when I felt like quitting everyone here were brilliant. If ever I needed an example of how important a community was, you guys showed me. I am forever greatful. Leo even sent me an invite to get some practice in, and I never responded. That is why I needed to apologise. I was at the point of quitting then, and had I not gone off on my own, I probably would have.

I'm not saying I'm brilliant yet, but for the first time I think I can see a steady improvement. I know many of you are going to be playing other games like MW2. I'll probably give it a go myself. I probably will stick with R2 for a while longer though, as I've only been at shooters for two and a half months. I am desperate to get to the level of Supreme Commander like the rest of you. I am currently at level 52. I am not even that bothered about the Platinum trophy anymore. If I get it sometime great, but I'm not really bothered. What is important is that I get better at shooters in general, so that I can enjoy games with you in the future. I'm nearly ready to start playing TDM again, if any of you will have me.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Nice one, Kratos, that's the spirit. BTW, I've had the game since the UK launch and I'm still not a supreme commander.
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Yeah Eat, you were one of the ones that encouraged me. Thanks for that. It meant a lot when I was feeling pretty miserable. I wasn't even posting in the forum that much. I kept playing the last letter game just to be keeping in touch.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:40 pm

It's funny how much weight we can give to the opinions of people who know the least about us. I can be the same way. What' I have tried learning to do is to listen to the opinions of those who know and love me because they tell me things for my own good and I give their words value. If some random troll (who is, more than likely some maladjusted and unhappy kid) calls me out then I just need to put that into perspective: how much do they really know about me and why should I give their words any value? Also, at the end of the day, I DO suck at R2, so at the very worst they're just telling me something I already know. Very Happy= :D

Anyway, I hope to play alongside you sometime. You know, you're in the same time zone as me but I don't think our PS3 paths have ever crossed. I blame Liam.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:50 pm

How dare you defile the sacred Last Letter Game, K! Shame on you, using it for you own purposes. You've cheapened the whole thing. May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your pantaloons! Razz

There's nothing wrong with taking out a little "me time", K. Sometimes you're just not in a Party mood, or you don't think you'd be pleasant company. That's fine. Everyone's like that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 pm

That's exactly what I needed Monkey. I needed to get away for a few days and try putting all the great tips you all gave me into practice. I had to go into unranked games, and just practice. It was only when things started clicking into place in DM, that I began to see what you were all saying about TDM. But it was something I had to figure out myself. Without understanding something in your own head and locking it in, advice just won't register. Now I understand exactly what you were saying. I at least now have a basis from which I can build. I understand the advice. Last week I was trying to implement everything, but just couldn't see.

The Last letter Game would never be defiled by me. Laughing I was very glad of it in the past few days as it kept me in touch. I didn't feel like writing up posts, and it was my way of saying hi every day. I'm already feeling the effects in my pantaloons. Call 'em off, call 'em off. I'm fully repentant Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:00 pm

eatthepumpkin wrote:

Anyway, I hope to play alongside you sometime. You know, you're in the same time zone as me but I don't think our PS3 paths have ever crossed. I blame Liam.

It would be great to get in a game sometime. I saw you on one day last week, but again I wasn't in party mood. You can blame that on Liam also.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 pm

kratosXS"pooky" wrote:
ATTENTION ALL CLANMATES! ATTENTION ALL CLANMATES!

I need to make a few sincere apologies to a few people viz.

Six, Josey, Leo, Jon, and Eve.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but for the past few days I have been avoiding you like the Plague. If I went online and saw you playing R2, I wouldn't play it myself or would play something else. I was afraid I would get a party invite, and I didn't want to join parties.

After the incident with Miss Smartass, I didn't feel much like playing at all. But the words of support I received here kept me going. I can thank her for one thing though, she made me more determined to improve. I knew I had the backing of the clan, and that was the most important thing. However, no matter how many of you gave me advice on how to play the game, I just couldn't put the pieces together.

Enough, I said. I knew I had to get away from the party scene for a while, a sabbatical if you like. The next few days I spent trying to incorporate all the advice I had been given. I needed to improve in DM before I could even start to hope to improve in TDM. One day, things just started falling into place. I had noticed for a while that my accuracy was improving. I was consistently getting over 50% accuracy. But then I started moving up the rankings.

I had no internet last night, so the night before I played in four ranked games. The first one was still bad, but there were five Wraith users, so can't judge on that. I came second in the next two, while I won the fourth. These kind of results were unthinkable even last week.

It suddenly occurred to me that if I applied the same principles to TDM, I might improve there also. So I started looking at TDM's as no more than DM, only on a larger scale. I started looking for the smaller battles, rather than confront the batallion. I started getting confident in my strafing, knowing that in one on one's I was getting better. If I was going to die, I was going to try to take someone with me. I ditched the Marksman, which I had been using as I couldn't manage the Carbine in larger matches. But now I am glad to say that the Carbine is the only weapon I am comfortable with.

You know the saying about not being able to see the forest for the trees? Well it was something like that except I couldn't see the trees for the forest. I was letting the bigger picture obscure my view of what was basically DM. With my new strategy I started seeing more. I saw more enemies that I could kill. I saw more ways of avoiding being killed myself. All the good advice and tips I was getting suddenly became crystal clear. I started being happy playing the game once more.

But it was necessary to take these few days and practice on my own. I remember when I felt like quitting everyone here were brilliant. If ever I needed an example of how important a community was, you guys showed me. I am forever greatful. Leo even sent me an invite to get some practice in, and I never responded. That is why I needed to apologise. I was at the point of quitting then, and had I not gone off on my own, I probably would have.

I'm not saying I'm brilliant yet, but for the first time I think I can see a steady improvement. I know many of you are going to be playing other games like MW2. I'll probably give it a go myself. I probably will stick with R2 for a while longer though, as I've only been at shooters for two and a half months. I am desperate to get to the level of Supreme Commander like the rest of you. I am currently at level 52. I am not even that bothered about the Platinum trophy anymore. If I get it sometime great, but I'm not really bothered. What is important is that I get better at shooters in general, so that I can enjoy games with you in the future. I'm nearly ready to start playing TDM again, if any of you will have me.

All is forgiven Smile Very Happy= :D
if you want i can play with you and i'll let you shoot me
I'll only melee
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

(o.O)
What I do?
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Dude, if you ever want someone to play with let me know and I'll put the time aside.

For 2 and a half months into playing shooters, you're doing a hell of a lot better than I did. I started with R1 and it took me a damn good while to get my K/D to even let alone my wins. You're getting much better much quicker than I did. So just stick with it, and enjoy and if I can help let me know. Smile

cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 pm

kratosXS"pooky" wrote:
The Last letter Game would never be defiled by me. Laughing I was very glad of it in the past few days as it kept me in touch. I didn't feel like writing up posts, and it was my way of saying hi every day. I'm already feeling the effects in my pantaloons. Call 'em off, call 'em off. I'm fully repentant Very Happy= :D

Well, alright. Just remember that I can do that at any time.
*looks at Last Letter thread, sees Kratos' message that states he is defiling*
POOKYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Get 'em, fleas!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Jeez K I swear you are so much like me early in my gaming life. You gotta stop placing so much pressure on yourself. At the end of the day, its just a video game, and to the majority who know and like you here, your performance in it means nothing over the person you are. Calm down brother.

Quote :
I'll tell you what I am not looking for.
I'm not looking for kd. I'm not looking for mega beast competitive players, although they are welcome too.
In fact, this clan will lean much more to the casual/social side of gaming, so check your stats at the door.
I look deeper, and judge people based solely on the content of their character. Nothing else is a factor to me.

That's taken right out of my own recruitment thread. The games are fun. But the games do NOT define who we are. Some may argue that. There are plenty out there who hinge their entire online gaming persona on stats and how well they play a game. I can speak for most here when i say that is not the case in our clan. You were down, we try to help pick you up. I would expect nothing less from this clan, and would be very upset to see contrary.

It comes in time K, it really does. Im very glad to hear you are seeing your own improvements, and that you are finding your way. But trust me when I say it takes time, patience, and practice. I know you have 2 of those. Time just has to be waited on and trying to speed along the experience time gives you in anything will only result in frustration. Hang in there.

I dont take offense to being avoided. There are many times I dont feel like playing with others too. Its natural, normal, and has no need for apologies.

To expand, yes, playing a tdm is really no different than a dm with the exception of now there are team mates. Look out for them, aid them with aura berserks etc. Otherwise, its still just shoot at all the red names.

If ya ever want to just chat things out K my pm box is always open. You are not alone here. That is the whole point to a clan. To have people to stand beside you. To have people to pick up when down, and to have people pick you up when its you who's falling. We are family, no matter what happens in the games.
Back to top Go down

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: